Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm not going to be able to be here as much...

LCF has always been my favorite site to spend time at, and now that the JUDDD forum is just humming with activity and success, it's where I like to spend most of my online time, but there is a downside to that for me... I'm not getting much else attended to or done in my real world.

I'm going to still be reading as much as I can here, but am also going to try to spend a whole lot more time attending to things in my life outside of LCF. I just wanted to say how much I truly admire and respect you all, for fighting your battles with determination and good cheer, for never giving up, and for willingly doing whatever it takes.

I'll be around for sure.. just (hopefully) not as many hours and hours every day, so just wanted to let folks know. Boy, I'm surely going to have withdrawal pangs! I know it's going to be really hard to limit my time here...

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
There, there....it does become an "addiction", doesn't it?

Been thinking I need to cut back some too..... but it's hard!

Your valuable input will be missed - but will be probably be appreciated in other areas of your life!

Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

LCF has always been my favorite site to spend time at, and now that the JUDDD forum is just humming with activity and success, it's where I like to spend most of my online time, but there is a downside to that for me... I'm not getting much else attended to or done in my real world.

I'm going to still be reading as much as I can here, but am also going to try to spend a whole lot more time attending to things in my life outside of LCF. I just wanted to say how much I truly admire and respect you all, for fighting your battles with determination and good cheer, for never giving up, and for willingly doing whatever it takes.

I'll be around for sure.. just (hopefully) not as many hours and hours every day, so just wanted to let folks know. Boy, I'm surely going to have withdrawal pangs! I know it's going to be really hard to limit my time here...
I completely understand Pat. Certainly glad you are staying around (in limited quantities of course) cause if you left entirely, me as well has most others would be devastated!

Have fun in the "real" world!!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

By the way - what's this REAL WORLD of which you speak???
Old 11-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Well hopefully you can pop in often. You usually write papragraphs and paragraphs of wonderful advice which takes up a lot of your time. How about coming here everyday and just writing less so you have more time and we don't miss you as much???
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!

You wisdom is only a PM or click away, we all know this, thank the powers that be and I TOTALLY understand the hours and hours on here, it does become addicting!

BUT, how about just limiting yourself to maybe a 1/2 hour a day, setting the timer and getting off when it goes off?

We truly DO need you around here, Miss Guru Pat, and I do to not see you here everyday!

Hope you give our ideas and some thought!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
No! You can't leave us! *big eyes and lip quiver*

lol...totally understand about RL! It's pesky, isn't it?

And these boards are especially addicting! Everyone here is so nice and helpful

Do try and drop in when you can so we don't miss you too much!!!!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I do understand, maybe I should do the same at least in the evening time.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Shh no one tell her I locked the door and she can't get out
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #10

I hate this! I literally have to just turn the computer OFF! Try as I might, as I'm trying to get stuff done around here, I keep clicking into LCF, so now I have to get even tougher on myself! Grrrrrrr......

Signing off now. Love you all! Hopefully see you this evening!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookwithme65
Stats: 195/160/150
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: Process started in 2011, restart nov 2013
Pat I would like to thankyou for all the great info and support you have provided here. I am new to this and will be starting JUDDD tomorrow. Your posts have really enlightened me to the whole process and benefits of this eating plan. A big thank you once again.
cookwithme65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
aww, well I for one appreciate your time and effort. Hope to see you around still.
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
Thank you so much for all you have shared, Pat! I'm new to posting but have been reading along for a while and your posts have been invaluable to me. I still remember one that was my favorite--the gist of it was who knows what's truly correct re. nutrition and science, and it ended with mention of brownie crumbs I believe . I had to read that one to my husband because we started out researching last year and read all the vegans and then somehow ended up with Taubes et al and it can be overwhelming to know "the truth." Your post was so sensible, humorous, and wonderful. It totally resonated with me at that moment.

At any rate, I certainly understand needing to take a step back. My job requires a big internet presence but it can be so distracting to get other things done. Some of my friends have used some internet time management systems to help out--I believe you can say how much time you want to be online and then it will lock you out for a bit. That's probably what it would take for me to stay on track.

Thank you once again for everything . . . there are surely countless others out there who have benefitted and will continue to benefit from everything you've shared (and will share! ).

Last edited by mttemple4; 11-18-2011 at 09:11 AM..
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Pat--That is SERIOUSLY sad news.
But, I completely understand. I was already addicted to Facebook, and now after dinner, I am going back and forth between this forum, FB, and playing games/puzzles on my computer (to keep me from eating).
I don't know if I could have been successful at JUDDD w/o you--but, you will feel better knowing that what you want to accomplish has been accomplished--less stress.
Pop in now and again, I don't think we can do all this w/o our JUDDD Guru
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I totally get it, Pat. I have had to do the same thing.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #16

Couldn't stand it.

I turned the whole computer off, ran a bunch of errands, came home and started some stuff here... and there is some suction or something going on here... drew me right to the computer and made my hand reach out and turn it on.

Well, anyway.. Hi. And now I know I can't even turn it on. Once it's up, I can't resist. It must remain OFF until I can take the time to sit down and play.

So, just saying hi before I steel my resolve and turn this *toy* back off. Hope you're all doing well today.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #17

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Pat, I have been wondering how you can run your 'life' when you are here offering so much support and advice to all of us 'new' JUDDDers.

We will miss your regular input, but will enjoy your visits all the more when you do find time for LCF.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I totally understand. A few years ago I went through the same thing on a different forum. I still get caught in it sometimes.

We will miss your constant presence, but believe you will not go so far into the real world that we will have to do completely without you.

Now, ladies and gents, who has bookmarked Pat's wonderful explanations so that when questions arise, we can still ensure there is a clear, concise, and humorous response?
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
We will miss your advice and support Pat, but I completely understand. I try to just go on twice a day and limit my time. Alot of time I read but don't always get to post. Some days I have more time then others. This week has been crazy.

It's ultimately all about discipline isn't it? So harness that same discipline you do for your DD's and "restrict" your time. Maybe you could have DD/UD posting.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Maybe you could have DD/UD posting.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I think we should have a "Pats Posts" Thread...a link to all of pats thoughtful and wisdom filled threads...kind of like the Gluc recipes links thread.
I have several of the ones she did in response to questions of mine saved in a word doc!
It would be so handy if we had a thread linking them all...

just an idea...

Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I have been "here" since Nov. 1 and I will miss Pat so very much too! I knew about this WOE and had tried it off and on, but when I found this web stie I learned just so much. Almost all that I learned was from Pat, I appreciate all you have given us here!

I so understand about the computer time too!

I did see a TV program that said one should turn off their computer by 8 p.m.

Since I go to bed early I try to turn mine off by 7 p.m.

Have you noticed "people" don't talk much in person

People use their cell phone to talk and text, I noticed the young ones even have a hard time getting the words out of their mouth!

I for one will miss you, but I'm sure it will be the best for you too!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #23

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
SoHappy, Totally Been There done That, had to limit computer time to get work done.

For you and anyone else it might help, there is a nice Online timer to use. It's called

Online Stopwatch and my favorite one is the Bomb Timer.
Seriously, try it out, put one second on this timer then hit set and start
Bomb Timer
You won't miss that alarm going off. The main page has a customizable page so you can choose whatever image or sound you want.

But I totally Understand SoHappy, needing to take care of stuff in that other world. I need to do that too but I keep coming back to the computer for so many things and then getting sucked into LCF. Come back and visit us maybe every other day like Chloe suggested, that's brilliant!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: songbird82
Stats: 157.5/142/132 5'5.5"
WOE: Hhcg/JUDD
Start Date: September 2011
Totally understand! I used to sing on an online singing site ALL THE TIME!! My poor hubby was feeling neglecting..not to mention my house, grocery shopping, etc.. I really had to limit my time there, and now it's just something I do now and then when I have time. Hopefully we'll still see you every now and then! : )
songbird82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

I understand, Pat. For the last month, I've been totally absorbed in this forum. Time seems to fly when I'm on here and before I know it, I have accomplished almost nothing outside the virtual world! (Apparently, there is another world outside of this little screen in front of me)

I've been feeling the same the last few days, that I need to cut back a little on LCF. This has been an awesome support for me - with so many thanks to you, Beeb, and all the others. I feel like I've got the hang of JUDDD though, especially with being at the point where I'm maintaining.

I'm sure I'll have days where I'm prowling around here constantly, but I hope to get more absorbed in other things too that I've kinda let go. And with the holidays here, it's even busier "out there".

We need to gather all your wise words in one place, like our sacred text of JUDDD that we can reference for ages to come. "What would Pat (SoHappy) say in this situation?

you lady. Enjoy your time here and in the "real" world, and we will definitely look forward to your popping in on us
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I can't log on at work so that helps me, lol.

Thanks for all your advice and help. Now go do something in real life!!
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Don't go! we will miss you! Just set a couple of hours a day to come here to post maybe? This site is as addicting as FB. I understand about real life things needing some of your time though. I keep saying that myself ....
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #28

This was a horrible day! I tried to keep the computer turned off completely. Did turn it back on a couple of times and surf a few minutes, then admonished myself and turned the cursed machine back off.

Just a few minutes now, this evening, but I'm ready to turn it back off again. But I sure did miss being here so much today! Did the shampoo machine on my pale cream living room carpet and the breakfast room too, so I am rewarded for not spending all my time here.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
I'm glad you were able to get stuff done--NOTHING makes me happier than when I "get my stuff done!"
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
Stats: 154/139/130 - 6 # lost on JUDDD
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
And this time of year there always seems to be stuff that has to be done.
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote