Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arbee
Stats: Second try! 262/233/165
WOE: Atkins 2002 New Diet Revolution
Start Date: April, 22 2013
Ok So Maybe I am a bit thick skulled

If this has been answered over and over please forgive me, I am foggy from having a endoscopy today UGH. I am currently living LC, well today with my procedure I went off, I am feeling very bad about myself today!! So I had have been meaning to look into JUDDD for some time now. So enough rambling here is my question...

I get the down day, I would be around 635 cal. for my down day. But then on my up day do I need to still be counting calories or do I just eat want I want without bingeing? Like do you all have desserts on your up days? Just trying to get a feel for the up day.....through foggy eyes!

Thanks a bunch!
Rebecca
Arbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
You'll have a calorie limit for up days, so do count, at least until you get a real feel for it
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
I used to LC - now I eat WHATEVER I want on my UD's. But yes, you should count your cals that day too, just so you have some idea where you're at. Trust me I can eat a LOT of crap for 2000 cals!

Today I started my morning with a McDonald's Cinnamon Melt for the first time in a year!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
I used to eat LC too but when I came over to JUDDD I totally gave it up! I eat whatever my li'l heart desires within my calorie ranges and I lose weight! OMG, its SO amazing, lol!!! If you want dessert, go for it, just count your calories!! Its very liberating!!
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Eat what you want, but 2 things I like to suggest from what I have learned:

1. Eat as many good things for your calorie buck as you can. Empty calories are just that, empty and the purpose of our UDs are to get nice and full of good food to make the following DD much easier when there is calorie restriction going on. Sure, have dessert, we all do and snacks too, but try to make the best of those calories with good, wholesome food for more mileage on your DD.

2. Count those calories, DDs AND UDs. You will be very surprised how pouring HWC into your coffee turns out to be 1/4 cup instead of the TBS you thought it was, for example. Yea, it's a pain at times, but no pain, maybe gain, and losing weight is the name of this game, so don't guess, be precise!

to the JUDDD family and hope you find this WOE as wonderful as a lot of us do!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:50 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Eat what you want, but 2 things I like to suggest from what I have learned:

1. Eat as many good things for your calorie buck as you can. Empty calories are just that, empty and the purpose of our UDs are to get nice and full of good food to make the following DD much easier when there is calorie restriction going on. Sure, have dessert, we all do and snacks too, but try to make the best of those calories with good, wholesome food for more mileage on your DD.

2. Count those calories, DDs AND UDs. You will be very surprised how pouring HWC into your coffee turns out to be 1/4 cup instead of the TBS you thought it was, for example. Yea, it's a pain at times, but no pain, maybe gain, and losing weight is the name of this game, so don't guess, be precise!

to the JUDDD family and hope you find this WOE as wonderful as a lot of us do!!
I weigh and measure *everything*!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
I weigh and measure ALL my empty calories.....

(Seriously, no binging - staying within the days calorie level...)
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wishin
Hi, I am thinking about trying JUDDD but have a question, Arbee said her down days are 635 calories but when I went to the site and did my calories with my weight, I came up with 616 calories on my down days and I weigh considerably more than Arbee. I used 20%. Are these figures possible? Thanks
Wishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishin View Post
Hi, I am thinking about trying JUDDD but have a question, Arbee said her down days are 635 calories but when I went to the site and did my calories with my weight, I came up with 616 calories on my down days and I weigh considerably more than Arbee. I used 20%. Are these figures possible? Thanks
It's the % we decide to use. I used between the 40% and 45% because that is what I felt I could do best.

It's whatever you think will work for you. There is no "one size fits all" on any eating plan, including JUDDD, and as long as you stay close enough to the suggested WOE you will do fine. AND it can always be tweaked, if needed!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
I weigh and measure *everything*!
YUP!!!