Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   help me figure out my UD cals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745924-help-me-figure-out-my-ud-cals.html)

Tyl 11-17-2011 03:09 PM

help me figure out my UD cals

ok peeps! i'm visibly shrinking but my scale numbers aren't looking that great.

i'm 27, weigh 247ish pounds, 5'8.

how many UD cals?

i'm gonna measure this weekend.

E.W. 11-17-2011 03:16 PM

Here is the link to the page with the calculator just fill in the numbers.

UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed

Tyl 11-17-2011 03:19 PM

i've done that but thanks!

eta: i know they say that the JUDDD calendar probably gives too many cals.

SoHappy 11-17-2011 03:56 PM

When you enter your stats into JUDDD, even at the *little exercise* level, I get maintenance calories for you at your current weight at about 2300.

And I think you do exercise on a regular basis, but it has always seemed counter-productive to me, when I am trying to lose weight, to then eat even more calories to make up for all of the lost calories I managed to burn up from exercise. :confused: :hyst:

Now, quite a few folks think JUDDD is a bit overly generous with their calorie numbers, so.. we sometimes cut a couple hundred back down from the figure they give us.

Also, thinking about that from the viewpoint of that calorie number being for maintenance, if we are getting pretty close to goal weight, that makes more sense, but if we still have quite a bit to lose, do we really want to be using that maintenance number to maintain our higher weight? - - So I think that is another good point to keep in mind as you consider what number to go with on your Up Days.

I'd probably go with about 2000 or 2100 for UDs if it were me. What do you use for your UD calorie number right now?

And what are you holding to on your DD fasting days?

Beeb 11-17-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15184896)
When you enter your stats into JUDDD, even at the *little exercise* level, I get maintenance calories for you at your current weight at about 2300.

And I think you do exercise on a regular basis, but it has always seemed counter-productive to me, when I am trying to lose weight, to then eat even more calories to make up for all of the lost calories I managed to burn up from exercise. :confused: :hyst:

Now, quite a few folks think JUDDD is a bit overly generous with their calorie numbers, so.. we sometimes cut a couple hundred back down from the figure they give us.

Also, thinking about that from the viewpoint of that calorie number being for maintenance, if we are getting pretty close to goal weight, that makes more sense, but if we still have quite a bit to lose, do we really want to be using that maintenance number to maintain our higher weight? - - So I think that is another good point to keep in mind as you consider what number to go with on your Up Days.

I'd probably go with about 2000 or 2100 for UDs if it were me. What do you use for your UD calorie number right now?

Totally agree with Pat's numbers and interested to hear your answers to her questions. :)

paulabob 11-18-2011 04:56 AM

And keep in mind the inch shrinkage is important. I've been losing almost twice as many inches on JUDDD as I did on hcg, but my scale number hasn't changed much. And my waist/hip ratio has improved a tad.

SoHappy 11-18-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15185762)
And keep in mind the inch shrinkage is important. I've been losing almost twice as many inches on JUDDD as I did on hcg, but my scale number hasn't changed much. And my waist/hip ratio has improved a tad.

This is an aspect of JUDDDing that I think is so overlooked when we weigh the pros and cons of eating in this Up/Down pattern. We focus so much on the resting aspect of DDs, of the healing that this way of eating promotes, and of course the EAT ANYTHING freedom we have on UDs, I think we overlook how our body can balance its shape, redistribute the remaining fat stores, slim us down, move some padding a bit, etc. Fun to lose those inches!

Tyl 11-18-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15185762)

yes, I'm visibly shrinking!!!! but the scale is just weird.

Tyl 11-18-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15184896)

i'm doing dd at 500.

my UD have been aiming for 2300. But i don't usually reach it. I have been hitting about 1800 regularly. Thinking about adding some coconut oil to hit closer to the 2000 mark.