Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Less Snacking? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745840-less-snacking.html)

Beeb 11-16-2011 09:14 PM

Less Snacking?

I realized today that as I get further and further into my JUDDD WOE I am snacking less and less.

I'm eating more, and lots of foods I haven't eaten in a long time, but those foods are grains, veggies and fruits mostly.

I have one snack a day now, maybe and would now rather have a piece of fruit or a baked apple, or some veggies and dip, or even a nice green salad with lots of "fixings like raisins/nuts/cheese rather than anything else.

ANOTHER positive side effect of JUDDD! :jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 11-17-2011 03:13 AM

I noticed that soon after I started lc. No 'snacks' desired but I did seem to need to break my lunch into two portions - half about noon and half about 03:00.

Yesterday was my second DD, and I think the need to nosh at 03:00 will be going bye-bye soon.

Beeb 11-17-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15182687)
I noticed that soon after I started lc. No 'snacks' desired but I did seem to need to break my lunch into two portions - half about noon and half about 03:00.

Yesterday was my second DD, and I think the need to nosh at 03:00 will be going bye-bye soon.

It's funny you mention LC. When I did LC all I did was snack!! :doh: I was always hungry, I mean "never getting/feeling full", and made sure I had an arsenal of LC baked snacks and other snacks on hand or I would have been into the higher carb foods in a heart beat. :down:

Now, I guess because I CAN have those higher carb foods I don't feel the need to eat them, thus I snack 95% less on JUDDD then I did on LC. PLUS, I'm eating so much more healthy calories; fruits, veggies, etc. that I truly believe my body wanted and needed so I get full really fast now and the need to keep eating to feel full is all gone! :jumpjoy:

I love LC for the health benefits of not eating junky stuff, but to keep me full and thin.........NOPE, doesn't work for me at all! :down:

Sandelio 11-17-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15183199)
Now, I guess because I CAN have those higher carb foods I don't feel the need to eat them....... PLUS, I'm eating so much more healthy calories; fruits, veggies....

Ummmm - yeah - I'm not there yet ..... :hyst:

gotsomeold 11-17-2011 07:46 AM

Linda, I am totally with you. My bod is celebrating every veggie I gobble.

Joedi 11-17-2011 07:47 AM

I am just the opposite!

Since starting juddd I snack loads more!

Not sure why...it could be that after a DD, I get full a lot quicker! Mind you, Juddd gives us a LOT of freedom...and I have always been a grazer rather than a meal eater..L/C tended to frown a bit on snacking...due to the fact you would be pushing your insulin up each time....so I tried to cut down on it.

Now on juddd I am free to eat my way...and my way is grazing!

hugs
Jo
x