Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Butternut Squash Soup-caloric help (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745784-butternut-squash-soup-caloric-help.html)

handbells 11-16-2011 02:44 PM

Butternut Squash Soup-caloric help

I saw the recipe on another thread and would love to know the caloric content. Can someone help...please? I've guesstimated, but I'm probably way off!

Beeb 11-16-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 15181642)
I saw the recipe on another thread and would love to know the caloric content. Can someone help...please? I've guesstimated, but I'm probably way off!

Need ingredients, measurements and how many servings.

handbells 11-16-2011 03:10 PM

Linda, here's the recipe as is from the thread.

1 butternut squash-roasted-split and take out seeds and roast at 350 for 45 min until soft
1 onion quartered and roasted with squash until clear
garlic cloves roasted

puree this with 2-4 cups 0% fat chicken broth
add 1/3 cup half and half
1 T salt
cook slowly for about 30 minutes

I add 1 T low fat sour cream to a 1 and 1/4 c bowl

Lovely on a chilly day. I eat this with a piece of low cal bread toasted and an apple most dds for supper. I like it so much. Sometimes a slice of lo cal cheese baked on bread for cheese toast.

Thanks for any help you can give!

P.S. I will be using FF h/h

Beeb 11-16-2011 03:17 PM

OK, need how many servings and how big is the squash for this recipe to give the correct calories. :dunno::hugs: There are few ? with the ingredients, like how many cloves of garlic and how big an onion. I know, I'm splitting hairs here but I just want to be able to give you the closet correct calorie total as I can.

This soup sounds yummy, too! BTW, I have clients coming in and will not be back on the computer until after 9. Maybe someone can help you before that, but if it can wait I promise to get this done for you tonight sometime after 9.

handbells 11-16-2011 06:28 PM

Thank you so much, Linda!

I've weighed out the squash and I've got 24oz squash (cooked)

I also used three cloves of garlic and 1 small onion. The chicken broth I used was 30 cal and I did use FF h/f.

Using the OP's guide of 1 1/4 cups for a serving, I got 5 servings out of the batch I made.

Thanks again!!!!

newyorkmeg 11-16-2011 06:35 PM

It sounds delicious!!!

2muchme 11-16-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkmeg (Post 15182246)
It sounds delicious!!!

Just what I was thinking! Might have to make this :yummy:

Beeb 11-16-2011 07:12 PM

OK, not accounting for the sour cream on top of the soup I get about 100 cals per serving.

It could be more or less calories because I'm not sure how many cups of chicken broth you used that equals 30 calories and at what calories per cup. If you can give me this I will be able to give an exact calorie count. ;)

handbells 11-16-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15182334)
OK, not accounting for the sour cream on top of the soup I get about 100 cals per serving.

It could be more or less calories because I'm not sure how many cups of chicken broth you used that equals 30 calories and at what calories per cup. If you can give me this I will be able to give an exact calorie count. ;)

2 cups, 15 cal per cup. I used bouillon.

Beeb 11-16-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 15182351)
2 cups, 15 cal per cup. I used bouillon.

OK, it's 100 cals per serving, without the sour cream! Nice DD soup recipe and can't wait to try it!! :up::clap: And don't forget to post this recipe on the DD recipe thread for all to see, it will be MUCH appreciated, I'm sure!!

handbells 11-17-2011 03:54 AM

Thank you soooo much, Linda!

Yes, I'm going to have a bowl for lunch today (DD). It rained last night and now it's very chilly!

I got the recipe from the DD recipe thread...lol! It just didn't have any nutritional values :)