Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ccrickett
Stats: 249(HW)199/134/145
WOE: LCtweaks/JUDDD
Start Date: '80's/90's/2000's/Nov 2010
End of first week: Carbs up, Calories up Weight down...

a tiny bit. Jumped back out of the 150's though.
So I guess I won't be one of the lucky ones who have fast loses, but its still down.

My week review: 11/08 - 160.8
10 - 159.4
12 - 159.2
14 - 159.0
16 - 160.4

Hoping this means I'm now holding my carb-water weight & its down down down from here. Today is an UD & I know I need to eat up to my upper calorie limit but not finding it easy to do! Gotta get my mind out of VLC & into JUDDD.
ccrickett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrickett View Post
a tiny bit. Jumped back out of the 150's though.
So I guess I won't be one of the lucky ones who have fast loses, but its still down.

My week review: 11/08 - 160.8
10 - 159.4
12 - 159.2
14 - 159.0
16 - 160.4

Hoping this means I'm now holding my carb-water weight & its down down down from here. Today is an UD & I know I need to eat up to my upper calorie limit but not finding it easy to do! Gotta get my mind out of VLC & into JUDDD.
ANY loss is a good loss, big or small! And 1 pound in 5 days is a nice loss! WTG. And yes, when you get your mind out of the VLC and into JUDDD those UDs will be a snap to get up to calories!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
If you've been carbing up a little bit during this past week, then I do expect you have some regained water weight in your tissues and liver again. So to be down a little bit as well is pretty encouraging.

See what the next week brings.

Incidently, how many of the days this past week were DDs and how many were UDs?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

4DD & 3 UD's.

Only made it up to 1600 cals on one UD tho. Coming from months of VLC & less than 1000 cals daily its hard to get to 1600 without the "junky stuff" & strangely enough most of it just doesn't hold much appeal any more.

I know, I'm weird. I can eat anything I want & I can't find anything I want to eat!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrickett View Post
4DD & 3 UD's.

Only made it up to 1600 cals on one UD tho. Coming from months of VLC & less than 1000 cals daily its hard to get to 1600 without the "junky stuff" & strangely enough most of it just doesn't hold much appeal any more.

I know, I'm weird. I can eat anything I want & I can't find anything I want to eat!
Yeah.. less than 1000 calories daily tends to slow your metabolism down to less than 1000 calories daily too. Hopefully that can improve as you go on.

I'm able to enjoy some things now that I was sure hungry for, for which I'm very thankful. Like an orange. And a slice of cherry pie. Like back in my *olden days*. LOL My primary focus has always just been to eat the same basic foods I enjoyed at my mama's table when I was a kid back in the 1940s and 1950s... So, that's mostly what I do. So basically, all of everything. I eat all of the same low carb foods that I've always loved, the eggs and meats, butter & cheese and cream, the nuts and low carb veggies.

And then, I also eat all of the higher carb veggies and fruits and grains too.

You'll zero in on the foods that give you the best sense of healthful and also delightful eating. And you'll be free to eat them. I'll bet you do really well on this plan!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Crickett! Glad to hear of your loss

But please try to eat up to those calories on UD. I know it feels tempting to hold back when you aren't seeing the loss you want after a DD, but you *need* that wide swing of calories day after day for JUDDD to work its magic. Think FEAST and famine, FEAST and famine.

You don't want your body to slow its metabolism after the DD, so eat on those UD.

sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
ANY loss is a good loss, big or small! And 1 pound in 5 days is a nice loss! WTG. And yes, when you get your mind out of the VLC and into JUDDD those UDs will be a snap to get up to calories!
You're right Beeb any loss is good. Although I bounced back into the 160's I'm still happy to have a loss after the carb & calorie increases in this weeks meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Yeah.. less than 1000 calories daily tends to slow your metabolism down to less than 1000 calories daily too. Hopefully that can improve as you go on.
You'll zero in on the foods that give you the best sense of healthful and also delightful eating. And you'll be free to eat them. I'll bet you do really well on this plan!

Yeah, 1000 cals seems low but on VLC it was plenty to keep me satisfied. Now I need to retrain my metabolism to handle some carbs without storing fat. (JUDDD to the rescue )

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Crickett! :h
:Glad to hear of your loss

But please try to eat up to those calories on UD. I know it feels tempting to hold back when you aren't seeing the loss you want after a DD, but you *need* that wide swing of calories day after day for JUDDD to work its magic. Think FEAST and famine, FEAST and famine.

You don't want your body to slow its metabolism after the DD, so eat on those UD.

Thanks Sophie, I'm aiming to. With just trying out Juddd a couple of days a week while vlc I managed to lose about 1 lb a week instead of .5 or less. So I know the plan works, I just have to work the plan. Feast = hard, Famine =easy.

And I'm thinking I got really lazy while on VLC, shop for meat eggs & cheese - throw meat eggs & cheese in pan - eat meat eggs & cheese. All done. Now I have to figure out some UD menus & COOK again!