Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The 3 S Brothers......Stress, Salt and Sleeplessness!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745726-3-s-brothers-stress-salt-sleeplessness.html)

Beeb 11-16-2011 08:29 AM

The 3 S Brothers......Stress, Salt and Sleeplessness!!

Don't like THESE ^^^^ guys AT ALL!! :mad::down: I always retain more water when these 3 S brothers come to visit and they have been around this week as if on a mini vacation.

I told them it's "TIME TO PACK UP AND LEAVE, LIKE FOOD GONE BAD YOU HAVE OVER STAYED YOUR WELCOME AND YOU ARE STARTING TO STINK"!

Hopefully they will be gone by tonight! :jumpjoy:

How about you guys? What are your "triggers", in combo with certain food, that makes you hold onto water weight? :down:

sophiethecat 11-16-2011 08:40 AM

My biggies:

Too much wine. Thankfully I rarely have too much now that I'm on JUDDD :)

Ovulation. Mid-cycle hormones.

And yes, huge amounts of salt.

pooticus 11-16-2011 08:44 AM

Narcotics, Ibuprofen, Inhaled Steroids! :annoyed:

Up 7 pounds to 257.0!!! Highly Annoyed! :annoyed:

Beeb 11-16-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooticus (Post 15180405)
Narcotics, Ibuprofen, Inhaled Steroids! :annoyed:

Up 7 pounds to 257.0!!! Highly Annoyed! :annoyed:

A small price to pay, my dearest Pooti, to get you back to good health! :hugs::love:

Once you are back to that good health, that weight will be gone in no time, as I'm sure you know! :high5::jumpjoy:

SoHappy 11-16-2011 09:26 AM

I count myself pretty lucky with it come to salt consumption, as I love it and use quite a bit of it, and apparently my body processes it pretty well as I don't have blood pressure that is high like many in my age group, and rarely fluid retention from salt, like fat fingers or swollen ankles, etc. If fact, I don't think I've ever had a swollen ankle, although tight shoes feel a bit tighter at the end of the day. :laugh:

I'm working a spell to force the 3 S guys out of your life and well out of your sight! Sorry you are being bothered by them at all right now. :annoyed: :hugs:

sophiethecat 11-16-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15180559)
I count myself pretty lucky with it come to salt consumption, as I love it and use quite a bit of it, and apparently my body processes it pretty well as I don't have blood pressure that is high like many in my age group, and rarely fluid retention from salt, like fat fingers or swollen ankles, etc. If fact, I don't think I've ever had a swollen ankle, although tight shoes feel a bit tighter at the end of the day. :laugh:

I'm working a spell to force the 3 S guys out of your life and well out of your sight! Sorry you are being bothered by them at all right now. :annoyed: :hugs:

Yeah for me it takes a "huge" amount of salt. I don't know the mg, lol, but just more than I get in normal everyday eating. I noticed the effect after the Chinese buffet, for example.

crazynanc 11-16-2011 11:20 AM

For those of you who do retain salt, try to use sea salt.

My mom sends me sea salt ground up so that it's really fine and I use that on everything! You don't need as much salt to get the salty taste so not only is it better for you but you don't eat as much!

Beeb 11-16-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazynanc (Post 15180966)
For those of you who do retain salt, try to use sea salt.

My mom sends me sea salt ground up so that it's really fine and I use that on everything! You don't need as much salt to get the salty taste so not only is it better for you but you don't eat as much!

:up: Good idea!! I think my problem is the eating out I did yesterday on top of Momzilla, then getting very little sleep the last 2 nights because I'm missing our Little Miss a lot again, especially at night.

Time heals all and with Pat doing the Voodoo for me the 3 brothers should be gone in no time! ;)

SoHappy 11-16-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15181133)

Time heals all and with Pat doing the Voodoo for me the 3 brothers should be gone in no time! ;)

Yeah, this is SO going to work, Linda! :laugh:

pooticus 11-16-2011 01:16 PM

LOL! Linda, with my insomnia to boot, you should call me some time when you are sleepless in the Big Woods! :hugs: Hope sleep finds you tonight!

Beeb 11-16-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooticus (Post 15181405)
LOL! Linda, with my insomnia to boot, you should call me some time when you are sleepless in the Big Woods! :hugs: Hope sleep finds you tonight!

My luck it would be a good night for you and you would be sound asleep for once! :doh::p

kris4chloe 11-16-2011 06:36 PM

oh man oh man is this my thread today.

very long day on hardly any sleep, had to be at work at 6am, have to be there again same time tomorrow. it is 6:30 and I am heading to bed.

I started out a DD and did really good until my teenager stressed me out so much so :annoyed: decided to make it a MD and just do my UD tomorrow and get back on track. I was going to make Saturday a MD anyways, so i just pushed it forward.

And interestingly enough I went for salty when the stress and sleeplessness hit. :hyst:

i guess the scale will tell me tomorrow. night all!