Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   My Fitness Pal bar scan question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745719-my-fitness-pal-bar-scan-question.html)

Chona 11-16-2011 07:05 AM

My Fitness Pal bar scan question

I am new to JUDDD, thanks to Beeb for introducing me to it! I just installed the fitness pal app and can't find the bar scanning feature on it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much.

Sandelio 11-16-2011 07:09 AM

Let's see....

Click "Add to Diary"

Select a Meal (i.e. "Breakfast", "Lunch", "Dinner")

At the top there will be a search box that says "Search For a Food"

Next to that is a magnifying glass to start a search.

Next to THAT is a little blue button with a bar code on it - THAT'S it!

Good luck!

oneoftwo 11-16-2011 07:15 AM

What phone do you have? I have a droid and it uses my barcode scanner app

Beeb 11-16-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmsko (Post 15179972)
I am new to JUDDD, thanks to Beeb for introducing me to it! I just installed the fitness pal app and can't find the bar scanning feature on it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much.

:welcome: and so :jumpjoy: to see you joining JUDDD and our JUDDD family!! Glad I got you over to the "Dark Side"! Be sure to introduce yourself on the Newbie thread! :hugs:

BTW everyone..........this lady is my CO-AUTHOR! ;):up::clap:

kel7298 11-16-2011 10:05 AM

Hi Imsko! Welcome to JUDDD

Sandelio 11-16-2011 10:11 AM

I can see it now.....

New book out in the spring by Linda and Imsko:

"How to FINALLY Lose the Weight Eating All the Food You DREAM Of!"

:laugh: :hyst: :D

Beeb 11-16-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15180733)
I can see it now.....

New book out in the spring by Linda and Imsko:

"How to FINALLY Lose the Weight Eating All the Food You DREAM Of!"

:laugh: :hyst: :D

Good idea! :up::clap:

dasiey 11-16-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmsko (Post 15179972)

welcome:welcome:

Skinjob 11-16-2011 11:16 AM

I LOVE this feature of the smartphone app. I used to have to enter stuff as custom all the time with ****** but this thing so far has recognized everything I have scanned.

Chona 11-16-2011 12:23 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome

Love your use of emoticons, Beeb. Yes, another book might be called for...I just have to master this plan! Coming from a WW background, used to counting points not calories...but ultimately, not too different.
AND YES, I followed your instructions and TADAAAA, found the bar code scanner. I bow to you! Thanks, folks, thanks Sandy. BTW, my name is Lenore. Please feel free to call me that! Or Cho, as Linda prefers. :)

Sandelio 11-16-2011 12:28 PM

When I first saw it I thought "I don't eat that many frozen meals - what am I gonna use THAT for?"

Well, duuuuuuuh - EVERYTHING has a barcode!!! Bread, mayo, bbq sauce, basically all your parts n pieces that make up your meal except fruits, veggies and meat!

My hubby thinks I've lost my mind standing with my phone as I make dinner .............(maybe I have!)