Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilybug02
Stats: 209/146/140 5'6"
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 12/8/12 low carb 7/25/13
New to Juddd

Hi I'm Carrie and I've done low carb for along time. I used it to lose weight after each of my babies. I have 5 kids and 32 years old. While LC was very successful for me I just couldn't seem to get past 185 anymore. So I started JUDDD about 4 weeks ago and went back up to 190 and now I'm 177.4. I tend to lose pretty fast but I just could make LC a life style. I'm the only one in my house that was LCing and it made it very hard. I can say that I know I CAN make JUDDD a life style. I love it. I'm not cranky like I was on LC. I'm not having trouble sleeping like I did on LC. While I loved LC I just didn't like those side effects I was having on it. I notice that I'm not gaining that much water weight like I did on LC if I went off plan for just a tiny bit. I'm loving this. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Beating the weight loss battle for the last time. Follow my journey at

totallyeasyweightloss.blogspot.com
lilybug02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
AWESOME!!!! Nice to meet you Carrie!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
Hi!
gardengoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi, Carrie! We're glad to have you on the forum!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybug02 View Post
I'm the only one in my house that was LCing and it made it very hard. I can say that I know I CAN make JUDDD a life style. I love it. I'm not cranky like I was on LC. I'm not having trouble sleeping like I did on LC. While I loved LC I just didn't like those side effects I was having on it. I notice that I'm not gaining that much water weight like I did on LC if I went off plan for just a tiny bit. I'm loving this.
This sounds just like me. I noticed this last time I was on LC, I wasn't enjoying it as much. It was always hard being the only one in the house on LC, but this time, I just seemed moody and depressed all the time. Plus, anytime I have ever been low-carbing, I am up and down all night. If I don't eat low-carb, I sleep all night long.

Welcome!
melissaconatser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
So I started JUDDD about 4 weeks ago and went back up to 190 and now I'm 177.4.
This is so very encouraging to me! I went from Low Carb to JUDDD only a few days ago and I am already seeing the scale creep back up, too. I am sure it is because my metabolism hasn't re-set yet, but it's making me nervous. You have given me hope that in a few weeks it will start going back down again.

Your post has given me the courage to do my up day today without fear of weight gain. We can do this!
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Carrie! Welcome to JUDDD, and I'm so happy that you are here with us.

It sounds like you have done very well on JUDDD already! Starting only 4 weeks ago at 185 and now being down to 177.4 is great, especially when you had that 5-pound gain right at first... which most of us do with the return to some carbs and water weight. LOLOL But if we just ignore it, we lose on down below that and then keep on going down.

What a nice start to your JUDDD way of managing your weight and your health. Congrats!

Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
This is so very encouraging to me! I went from Low Carb to JUDDD only a few days ago and I am already seeing the scale creep back up, too. I am sure it is because my metabolism hasn't re-set yet, but it's making me nervous. You have given me hope that in a few weeks it will start going back down again.

Your post has given me the courage to do my up day today without fear of weight gain. We can do this!
If you add carbs back in when you start JUDDD, you're usually going to have to face the return of some water weight, but.....

IF you have your calorie numbers set correctly, you will lose the fat. I don't know how you did your figuring, or what your numbers are, but if they aren't right on, and you aren't getting weight loss, you can always revisit this issue and correct it.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Welcome.. I just switched also. But I was and still doing WW.
So far so good. Today is 2nd dd for me.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
and so nice to meet you!!! You are a busy Mom and finding a WOE that "fits" both you and your busy lifestyle is great!

JUDDD is a wonderful plan and the ONLY one that ever fit my way of life so well!

Looking forward to your continued success and posts!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:

Same here. I am on week #2 and am up 2lbs after a DD! I seem to see the same three lbs bouncing up and down (which was the same thing that was happening with LC) so your post has given me motivation to keep going. Thanks and welcome!
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone. It can be done. Who cares about a little water weight. It's not like it's fat. I just like that I can workout hard and not feel like I'm going to die or eat the kitchen afterwards. I wasn't working out on LC because of that. I just got back from the gym and I feel great. Yay for JUDDD.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #13

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
Same here. I am on week #2 and am up 2lbs after a DD! I seem to see the same three lbs bouncing up and down (which was the same thing that was happening with LC) so your post has given me motivation to keep going. Thanks and welcome!
I expect both of you will find great success with JUDDD, but did just want to add this one small thought...

If a couple of weeks are going by and you are just not seeing any real weight loss.. but are just fluctuating up and down on the scale without reaching lower and lower points in those fluctuations,

... that's kinda' maintenance, so would maybe be a good time to reassess those UD calorie numbers. Which I never remember what numbers folks use anyway, but when your calories are pretty much holding you within the same weight window more or less, that's a good sign that you have a maintenance level of calories working for you.

So if you're wanting weight loss, it's time to reassess.

But you haven't come to this, have you? Aren't you both seeing weight losses at this time? (Doing Old Mother Hen here...)
Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I just have to say that I've gotten a warmer welcome here then anywhere else. You guys are great.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Carrie! I feel exactly as you do. I always lost weight VERY quickly while LCing, but I had to be SO STRICT w/my carb intake. If I went over 20 g a day, it would kick me out of ketosis and take me 2-3 days to get back in again! I also knew there was no way I could use LC as a lifetime WOE, because I always lost only 15 lbs. (needed to lose 30), and at that point, would start eating again and gain it all back.
I LOVEEEE JUDDDD! I really feel this is the only thing I will probably be able to do the rest of my life.
You will also love all the support from this forum. There are the BEST people on this forum!
Good Luck and great to have you here w/us!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ccrickett
Stats: 249(HW)199/134/145
WOE: LCtweaks/JUDDD
Start Date: '80's/90's/2000's/Nov 2010
Hi, I'm new too.
ccrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
I'm only on my 2nd week of JUDDD and I also came over from lc. Its tough at first to watch the scale inch up but our bodies adjust and its worth it. You're having great success with JUDDD and your attitude tells me that you'll continue to have great success!! You've definitely come to the right place, it rocks in here!!!
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Welcome Carrie!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #19

Yes, the folks here are just great.. very friendly and supportive and encouraging. Well, partly I think it is that the JUDDD plan is so very conducive to weight loss, so that's enough to make people pretty excited right there, but there is also something pretty amazing about the fasting/feasting/fasting/feasting cycle that is tremendously beneficial to healing our bodies physically and to enhanced mental outlook and feelings of happiness and positivity.

You're going to love it here, and I expect you're going to fit right in... getting real excited about weight loss again, AND what all you can be eating while you lose that weight!

I'm on a DD today, and I'm going to be baking cookies this afternoon. And it won't bother me to wait until tomorrow to enjoy a couple of cookies with my coffee, and.. I guess my point here is.. THEY'RE COOKIES!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nola baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
If you add carbs back in when you start JUDDD, you're usually going to have to face the return of some water weight, but.....

IF you have your calorie numbers set correctly, you will lose the fat. I don't know how you did your figuring, or what your numbers are, but if they aren't right on, and you aren't getting weight loss, you can always revisit this issue and correct it.
Nikki, and Pat ;
Just sticking my nose in here Pat;
(I hope you dont mind me talking about you Nikki),
but Nikki said on one of the other threads that she has come from a 400 calorie a day diet and had stalled on that.

So from the calorie in/calorie out hypothesis, she should gain weight with the increase of calories that she is now having on Judd- even though her levels are low compared to others.

I believe Nikki, that you can reset your metabolism.
I have over the years managed to build up my metabolism from times when I have lowered it through dieting.
it is possible that there may be some gain in the interim though..

For me, I had to accept the gain, then gradually and slowly lost that through better dieting tactics- ie, calorie cycling-
which has enabled me to lose without downgrading the metabolic rate .

If your gain does continue, and is more than you can accept ,
maybe you could lower calories a bit and then gradually increase them as your metabolism picks up..

On the other hand, it is possible that your metabolism will speedily pick up and run with it, and gains will not happen. This would be great!

Do you have any thoughts on this Pat?

sorry- threadjack Carrie..

Last edited by nola baxter; 11-16-2011 at 10:18 AM..
nola baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
and.. I guess my point here is.. THEY'RE COOKIES!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #22

Thanks, Nola. We do have many here who come from the HCG protocols, so I know Nikki won't be alone, and I'm sure hoping Nikki won't have any more difficulty than the others do. It usually works out pretty darned well for folks, and it is somehow very comforting to be working on weight loss at the some time you are working on increasing your metabolic rate.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I'm on a DD today, and I'm going to be baking cookies this afternoon.
Ah, good thing you're making another batch of those secret-magic-ingredient JUDDD cookies. We've almost used up our supply, and how will we lure more unsuspecting folks to the dark side without them?

Old 11-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I'm on a DD today, and I'm going to be baking cookies this afternoon. And it won't bother me to wait until tomorrow to enjoy a couple of cookies with my coffee, and.. I guess my point here is.. THEY'RE COOKIES! [/QUOTE]

I'm on a up day today so my kids got me to make them some cookies. I found a recipe for smores stuffed chocolate chip cookies. On LC I would have been white knuckling it through the whole baking process. This time it was easy.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
On LC I would have been white knuckling it through the whole baking process. This time it was easy.
It's a beautiful thing ain't it?!?!?!?

Old 11-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:
I expect both of you will find great success with JUDDD, but did just want to add this one small thought...

If a couple of weeks are going by and you are just not seeing any real weight loss.. but are just fluctuating up and down on the scale without reaching lower and lower points in those fluctuations,

... that's kinda' maintenance, so would maybe be a good time to reassess those UD calorie numbers. Which I never remember what numbers folks use anyway, but when your calories are pretty much holding you within the same weight window more or less, that's a good sign that you have a maintenance level of calories working for you.

So if you're wanting weight loss, it's time to reassess.

But you haven't come to this, have you? Aren't you both seeing weight losses at this time? (Doing Old Mother Hen here...)
Not yet, I'm only a week and a half in!
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola baxter View Post
Nikki, and Pat ;
Just sticking my nose in here Pat;
(I hope you dont mind me talking about you Nikki),
but Nikki said on one of the other threads that she has come from a 400 calorie a day diet and had stalled on that.

So from the calorie in/calorie out hypothesis, she should gain weight with the increase of calories that she is now having on Judd- even though her levels are low compared to others.

I believe Nikki, that you can reset your metabolism.
I have over the years managed to build up my metabolism from times when I have lowered it through dieting.
it is possible that there may be some gain in the interim though..

If your gain does continue, and is more than you can accept ,
maybe you could lower calories a bit and then gradually increase them as your metabolism picks up..
I have done that, I have decided to try 250/1000 now for the first week at least. That comes to a measly 625 average but it is more than the <400 I was eating. I have not added in a significant amount of carbs, still ~10 carbs on DD and ~25 on UD.

I have also increased my activity level a bit, just because I've been so busy redoing my daughter's room and getting the house ready for Thanksgiving. Also I have increased my burn walking the dog; harder, faster, longer, and I started wearing my Skechers Shape-Ups again while I walk. Tonight, for example, after a day of painting walls, I will be walking briskly with hand and waist weights for an hour.

I have seen a .4 lb gain so far but I will not allow my weight to go up any more than five pounds. If that happens I will have to change my tactics again. I know exactly what I need to do, I was just planning to wait until after the Holidays to implement my new weight training routine. I guess a light intro to that routine for the next several weeks may be in order.

Sorry, thread hijacked. I'll stop now.

Last edited by nikki; 11-16-2011 at 02:58 PM..
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:

I'm on a DD today, and I'm going to be baking cookies this afternoon. And it won't bother me to wait until tomorrow to enjoy a couple of cookies with my coffee, and.. I guess my point here is.. THEY'RE COOKIES!
I'm baking cookies too, as we are having company tomorrow for dinner. I will enjoy them tomorrow and not feel like I am cheating. They are NOT the low carb variety!!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I'm baking cookies too, as we are having company tomorrow for dinner. I will enjoy them tomorrow and not feel like I am cheating. They are NOT the low carb variety!!
Oh, Goodie! A partner in sin!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm on a up day today so my kids got me to make them some cookies. I found a recipe for smores stuffed chocolate chip cookies. On LC I would have been white knuckling it through the whole baking process. This time it was easy.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. Just whoa. Must. Have. Recipe. !!!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-16-2011 at 06:58 PM..