Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   When I First Started to Lose, I Got Scared......... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745656-when-i-first-started-lose-i-got-scared.html)

Beeb 11-15-2011 03:31 PM

When I First Started to Lose, I Got Scared.........
 
because I was losing at such a steady pace I thought maybe I was getting :sick:, or had a health problem. :sad::eek: This train of thought continued until more and more joined our JUDDD family and I got to see others losing like I was.

It was then I had the thought that either we ALL were :sick: or it was just the "Magic of JUDDD" at work! :confused::D

I can now say the I think it's the "Magic of JUDDD!! :jumpjoy: :laugh:

How about you? Have you had any :stars: thoughts when you kept seeing the scale go down and down with what seems like no effort at all?

SoHappy 11-15-2011 03:36 PM

You had your calorie numbers set really well and you stuck to them pretty darned well too.

And that's pretty much the magic. :laugh:

Idreamofweightloss 11-15-2011 03:36 PM

I wonder what the average weight loss on JUDDD is...one pound a week, two??

sophiethecat 11-15-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss (Post 15178547)
I wonder what the average weight loss on JUDDD is...one pound a week, two??

This would be a good project for one of our math-lovers here at JUDDD :laugh: They could start a poll asking everyone about their weekly loss and figure it up.

Sandelio 11-15-2011 04:12 PM

What WERE your UP and DD numbers during weight loss Linda?

SoHappy 11-15-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15178626)
What WERE your UP and DD numbers during weight loss Linda?

But then you also need to know the person's age and height and current weight and exercise, etc.... Just the numbers don't tell us anything.

One person can lose like a FLASH at the same calories somebody else can't get weight loss moving on. It's so darned individual to each of us.

I guess on JUDDD it's a pretty big clue if you're not losing any weight, and you are respecting your calorie number... you have probably set your calorie numbers too high.

Beeb 11-15-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15178626)
What WERE your UP and DD numbers during weight loss Linda?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15178874)
But then you also need to know the person's age and height and current weight and exercise, etc.... Just the numbers don't tell us anything.

One person can lose like a FLASH at the same calories somebody else can't get weight loss moving on. It's so darned individual to each of us.

I guess on JUDDD it's a pretty big clue if you're not losing any weight, and you are respecting your calorie number... you have probably set your calorie numbers too high.

Well, I think Pat makes a very valid point here, that YMMV, as on any WOE.

To answer you question Sandelio, I set my calories, per the suggestion on the JUDDD site, on Aug 1 when I started this WOE for: female, 65.5 inches, 151.6 pounds and 53 years old. I then put in 45%, with little or no exercise, which gave me 742 DD cals and 1649 UD cals. I only wanted to lose 6.6 pounds, and didn't think I would do well on 500 cals or less for my DDs. I lowered the 742 to an even 700 but kept the UD cals at 1649. I ate up to both days pretty much for the first month, I would say, and was losing at an average rate of 2 pounds a week. By Aug 22nd I had made my goal of 145 and continued to lose another 10 pounds from that date until my final goal on Nov. 11 of 135.

When I hit my first goal of 145 I actually upped the calories on both ends to 800 and 1800 because I was happy to stay there or just a little below to 142/140, but I continued to lose weight, as you see. I now eat 800 to 900 cals on DDs and 1800 to 1900 cals on UDs and this is helping to keep my weight at 135. Most DDs I don't make that 800/900 but UDs are pretty close to 1800/1900.

Not sure if this answers you question, Sandelio, but hope it helped you to understand why I was a little :eek: when I was losing so quickly, even eating at that 45% weight loss/maintenance level.

Sandelio 11-15-2011 06:48 PM

Thanks Linda - it's just nice to see other people's numbers and how you worked them - especially from successful JUDDDer's!

SoHappy 11-15-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15178970)
Thanks Linda - it's just nice to see other people's numbers and how you worked them - especially from successful JUDDDer's!

You know, I think I owe you an apology. I just was reading over this thread a minute ago, and I think my response sounded so brusque, and I absolutely didn't mean it that way at all. I'm sorry if it was offputting. That was completely NOT my intention. :o :sad:

Sandelio 11-15-2011 07:05 PM

I thought it was a little harsh too, but when I re-read it I could tell you were coming from a "good place".

And besides I've got pretty thick skin - like a lizzard!!! :hyst:

No worries... :shake:

SoHappy 11-15-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15179015)
I thought it was a little harsh too, but when I re-read it I could tell you were coming from a "good place".

And besides I've got pretty thick skin - like a lizzard!!! :hyst:

No worries... :shake:

Yeah, but I don't ever want you, or anybody, to have to put on their thick skin to read my words. It's just that my thought and observation on this needed some lead-in comments to open my observation. Without that, it just sounded... BOOM! LOL :laugh:

Beeb 11-15-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15179015)
I thought it was a little harsh too, but when I re-read it I could tell you were coming from a "good place".

And besides I've got pretty thick skin - like a lizzard!!! :hyst:

No worries... :shake:

Pat is "always" coming for a good place, and that is why we :heart: and call her our JUDDD GURU!! :notwrthy:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.