Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crazynanc
Stats: 148/144/113
WOE: JUDDD/FastFive/5:2
Start Date: November 2011
Eating a little and feeling full!

Hi!

I recently started JUDDD and I wanted to say to everyone!

Also, on my first few up days I noticed that I ate a ton! I mean, more than I usually do.

But lately, even on my up days I've been getting full really fast and then hungry again in a few hours and have taken to eating small meals like 5 or 6 times a day.

Is this good?

(BTW, so far I've lost 5.5 pounds!)
crazynanc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Woohoo on the weight loss!

I am going to take a guess and say that your stomach is probably shrinking thus why you are getting full faster and hungrier quicker.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I have found that although I do eat A LOT on UD and FD's...it is all in much smaller amounts...since doing DD's, I cant eat really big meals, without feeling uncomfortable!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Same here! I still eat the calories I'm suppose to but it spread out over the whole day instead of in big meals. And what's really funny is my eyes are larger than my stomach and I tend to order/make more food than I'm going to eat and always have leftovers now!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
I'm beginning to have a problem with this. Much sooner than I expected, too. I am usually a really big eater. I find on my DD, I am not as hungry as I thought I would be. I still get that snacky feeling in the evening, but it isn't overwhelming as of yet. On my DD, I think to myself, "Tomorrow I am going to PIG out!". Tomorrow comes, I eat one meal that is the size of what I would have had in the past, and I feel stuffed the rest of the day. Then I have to find small snacks to get the rest of my calories in.

I'm still finding my way and balance in all this. I don't think it will all settle into the perfect pattern for me until after the holiday. I'm still happier right now than I have been in a while. Makes me wonder why I didn't give JUDDD a try earlier!
melissaconatser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaconatser View Post
On my DD, I think to myself, "Tomorrow I am going to PIG out!". Tomorrow comes, I eat one meal that is the size of what I would have had in the past, and I feel stuffed the rest of the day. Then I have to find small snacks to get the rest of my calories in.
I do this on my DD, too Right now, in fact, I'm thinking of the apple pie on my counter that I plan to indulge in after a 453 calorie DD. But usually when I wake up on the morning of an UD, I'm not even that hungry! It must be the stomach shrinkage thing. So I have my 2 cups of coffee and ease into eating but it's never the ravenous shoveling of food that I imagine
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:09 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
I think it is more than stomach shrinking. I think it is something intrinsic to the way our bodies work, how they respond to feast and famine. On DD we put ourselves into famine mode: if calories are low enough we go into ketosis, the various SiRT proteins and whatever start preparing for a long haul of little food. Appetite is suppressed - after all, we are in famine, can't let hunger interrupt our ability to go find some food! That is how we are designed so we can survive during times when there is little food available.

Then because the next day is UD the first meal of the day may contain more calories than we ate all day yesterday. Our bodies recognize that famine response is no longer appropriate. But it cannot just automatically switch to feast mode - appetite suppression is, oh I imagine a bunch of molecules floating in my bloodstream. Those molecules have to naturally pass out of my system before hunger can be turned back on. Until they are gone, that whole pizza I dreamed about yesterday is waaaay too much for me to eat.

Also, feast mode has, I think, an interesting complication: when a person has been starving (in famine mode, I mean really in famine mode - think concentration camp) then when food returns if that person overeats quickly, the body can literally die. So, I wonder if appetite suppression kind of slides over from famine mode to feast mode to encourage us to not eat too much too quickly? Maybe the longer we stay in feast mode, the safer it is to eat and the more appetite suppression drops.

But of course we don't stay in feast mode too long. The next day is DD. Feast mode was turned on yesterday but now calories are low or no - whoops, time to initiate famine mode!

I think it is moving back and forth between those two modes that causes weight loss to happen so consistently, and to be greater than it would have been if we had just reduced calories. I suspect that is why MDs work in maintenance but probably slow down weight loss - if we don't keep switching back and forth between feast and famine, our bodies stay in one mode or the other too long and start coping/stalling.

All of which is in no way meant to imply I am not going to enjoy a big piece of german chocolate pie on Thursday!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:48 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I think it is more than stomach shrinking. I think it is something intrinsic to the way our bodies work, how they respond to feast and famine. On DD we put ourselves into famine mode: if calories are low enough we go into ketosis, the various SiRT proteins and whatever start preparing for a long haul of little food. Appetite is suppressed - after all, we are in famine, can't let hunger interrupt our ability to go find some food! That is how we are designed so we can survive during times when there is little food available.

Then because the next day is UD the first meal of the day may contain more calories than we ate all day yesterday. Our bodies recognize that famine response is no longer appropriate. But it cannot just automatically switch to feast mode - appetite suppression is, oh I imagine a bunch of molecules floating in my bloodstream. Those molecules have to naturally pass out of my system before hunger can be turned back on. Until they are gone, that whole pizza I dreamed about yesterday is waaaay too much for me to eat.

Also, feast mode has, I think, an interesting complication: when a person has been starving (in famine mode, I mean really in famine mode - think concentration camp) then when food returns if that person overeats quickly, the body can literally die. So, I wonder if appetite suppression kind of slides over from famine mode to feast mode to encourage us to not eat too much too quickly? Maybe the longer we stay in feast mode, the safer it is to eat and the more appetite suppression drops.

But of course we don't stay in feast mode too long. The next day is DD. Feast mode was turned on yesterday but now calories are low or no - whoops, time to initiate famine mode!

I think it is moving back and forth between those two modes that causes weight loss to happen so consistently, and to be greater than it would have been if we had just reduced calories. I suspect that is why MDs work in maintenance but probably slow down weight loss - if we don't keep switching back and forth between feast and famine, our bodies stay in one mode or the other too long and start coping/stalling.

All of which is in no way meant to imply I am not going to enjoy a big piece of german chocolate pie on Thursday!

^^^^^
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:52 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
I do this on my DD, too Right now, in fact, I'm thinking of the apple pie on my counter that I plan to indulge in after a 453 calorie DD. But usually when I wake up on the morning of an UD, I'm not even that hungry! It must be the stomach shrinkage thing. So I have my 2 cups of coffee and ease into eating but it's never the ravenous shoveling of food that I imagine
Last night, at the end of my DD, I was so hungry. I woke up this morning with very little hunger. I could feel that my stomach was empty, but I didn't feel the urge to eat. That happens a lot. I have also always been a junk food junkie. Even when on LC, I found the LC goodies that allowed me to still lose. However, I find now that I want the junk food on DD. On my UD, when I can have some of it, I don't really want it. I have also found that my stomach seems to get queasy when I eat. Not an unbearable thing, but more my stomach telling me to take it easy or something.
melissaconatser is offline   Reply With Quote