Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
Got a little sad yesterday

I am a school bus driver, and in between my routes, I work in a high school cafeteria. I work in this little "store" in the cafeteria. We sell drinks, subs and salads.

Lately, they have begun restricting what we can sell, due to sugar content. We can no longer sell the Arizona half and half Arnold Palmers. (a mix of tea and lemonade) Now, we may not be able to get the medium-sized Gatorade G2, because of sugar. It is looking like we will be restricted to the small size. I asked, not too long ago, why it is that we can sell chocolate chunk rice krispie treats, among other not so healthy snacks, but we can't sell the Arizona teas. They are both full of sugar. Apparently, because the rice krispie treats have flour, that makes them okay. I don't really agree, but what do I know?

Yesterday, a couple boys came up. They are already not happy over the Arizona, and were even less happy when we told them we may not be getting the bigger G2s in anymore. One of the boys gets really upset and says, "That is so stupid. It is just because of those obese kids. They eat too much and are too lazy to get up and do any exercise!".

I know that we are responsible for our own bodies, but for some people, there are other things in play that may make it harder to lose the weight. Regardless, it is views like this that make it hard to live in this world sometime.
melissaconatser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Thats very sad..
some people only think of their own needs.
To bad
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Well, regardless of the *why* behind our individual weight gains, by using the JUDDD plan of alternate day fasting and feasting to cut our food intake down to where it should be for each of us, we can lose the weight. When we can manage our caloric intake at the level it needs to be for us, as an individual, we can become slim and trim again.

Yeah, some of us have it harder than others do.. we're smaller overall so can't utilize as many calories to begin with, we're a mess of hormones, surging wildly through the spread of a month, we're menopausal or even post menopausal, we have slow thyroids, or we age, or are now out of middle age and finding out what the beginning years of old age holds in store for us, or we have physical pains or injuries that prevent much exercise.

But despite it all, when we can get a handle on our eating, at whatever level that has to be for us, we can lose weight. Thank Heaven for JUDDD is all I can say. It makes it so much easier for me to manage the *eating less* part of the equation!!! I am just so thankful that I have this plan to help me control my calories so that I don't have to be the size I used to be so unhappy at. LOL Yay, JUDDD for saving me from myself.

(I would take those chocolate chunk rice krispie treats though...)
Old 11-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
It's not surprising that kids think that's the only cause, since so many adults do as well. Until it hits them. Then all of a sudden a whole world of causes become possible.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
It's not surprising that kids think that's the only cause, since so many adults do as well. Until it hits them. Then all of a sudden a whole world of causes become possible.
They're still so young. Wait until they have a few years under their belts, and they notice that they have to buy bigger and bigger belts to go around that paunch.

But who knows, Dottie. Maybe they will be among the lucky few who don't ever run into problems with weight gain from whatever issues.

I know we can win out over it, but I know I will never be able to return to eating like I could at that young age. All of the things that conspired to give me a slowed metabolism over the years finally just broke the camel's back.

If I don't control my eating I'm ruined. And I can't seem to do that in any way that works as well as this plan does for me, so I practically fall to my knees that I found it finally.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Filly
Stats: 5'2
Start Date: 12/19/2012
Yes, that is sad. I think that the children think fat=lazy because the adults in their world think it and say it. It's unfortunate I have found that people who have never been fat do not understand why it is so hard for fat people to lose weight.

This is off-topic but I just have to say this to SoHappy.

I've been reading through your posts and I have to say that I find your contributions very balanced and very inspiring. While I don't JUDDD or do any other diet plan right now due to pregnancy I still appreciate what you have to say. I always look forward to what you have to say. I also appreciate how excited you are about JUDDD! It gives others hope, especially those of us who have struggled to make low-carbing work for weight loss or to make it work as a lifestyle. Thanks!

Last edited by Filly; 11-15-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Filly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
This bothers me on SO many different levels.

What ever happened to education? Why outlaw these drinks? Can't they just educate people? And at the same time they outlaw drinks they decrease exercise for the kids! What message are they sending?

So, who do the kids blame? Not the school but the same kids who are supposed to be helped by the outlawing in the first place. The complete opposite response the school was hoping for!! In the end it only adds to the misunderstanding and, in the case of these other kids, downright contempt!

Oh it makes me so
Old 11-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
This bothers me on SO many different levels.

What ever happened to education? Why outlaw these drinks? Can't they just educate people? And at the same time they outlaw drinks they decrease exercise for the kids! What message are they sending?

So, who do the kids blame? Not the school but the same kids who are supposed to be helped by the outlawing in the first place. The complete opposite response the school was hoping for!! In the end it only adds to the misunderstanding and, in the case of these other kids, downright contempt!

Oh it makes me so
I totally agree!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post
Yes, that is sad. I think that the children think fat=lazy because the adults in their world think it and say it. It's unfortunate I have found that people who have never been fat do not understand why it is so hard for fat people to lose weight.

This is off-topic but I just have to say this to SoHappy.

I've been reading through your posts and I have to say that I find your contributions very balanced and very inspiring. While I don't JUDDD or do any other diet plan right now due to pregnancy I still appreciate what you have to say. I always look forward to what you have to say. I also appreciate how excited you are about JUDDD! It gives others hope, especially those of us who have struggled to make low-carbing work for weight loss or to make it work as a lifestyle. Thanks!

Yes, I always search out SoHappy's posts. I always feel better and maybe a little smarter after reading them.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arbee
Stats: Second try! 262/233/165
WOE: Atkins 2002 New Diet Revolution
Start Date: April, 22 2013
As a fellow bus driver...(11 years now) Kids can be the most cruel beings on this earth. But then some are the kindest.

My daughters lunches at school are shocking!!! Its a combo of processed foods and high carb load.

Keep your head up, and try not to get to many nervous twitches from the job!!!!

Rebecca
Arbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I heard on the news this AM that congress has a bill in front of them - they're trying to declare pizza a vegetable! Not veggie pizza, but regular pizza: dough, sauce, cheese. Veg?!
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
I heard on the news this AM that congress has a bill in front of them - they're trying to declare pizza a vegetable! Not veggie pizza, but regular pizza: dough, sauce, cheese. Veg?!
I'll be sure to plant some of those pizza seeds in my garden next summer!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote