Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Just had my first FD! :)

I am out of town, at a relative's and it's an UD but I didn't want to worry about calories, just eat. I've been ravenous. Anyway, I'm in maintenance and have been planning to start loosening up, though I admit it's a little hard in a way. However, I lost a few extra pounds before the holidays so I could have a little room to EXPAND with all the holiday eating. I decided to just go for it and make today a Free Day.

I ate when I was hungry (like I said, ravenous) so when I did eat, it seemed like I ate too much (until I was uncomfortably full) However, I went over six hours between a late lunch and a late dinner, so it's not like I ate nonstop.

Over the course of the day, I've had things like oatmeal, shrimp cocktail, 2.5 ham salad sandwiches on white bread with colby cheese, 2 c. popcorn, 5 little Lean Cuisine buffalo chicken snack rolls, and a small serving of my Grandma's apple pie with vanilla ice cream.

I just put it in ****** to get a rough idea of my calories (hard to know exactly what's in some things.) And though this might seem to defeat the purpose of FD because one of the good things about FD is not counting calories, but I've already ate all this stuff and it's time to go to bed, so it's not like I adjusted my food intake around calories. I couldn't help but total it up. I was curious And for the sake of experiment, I couldn't resist this time, but I know I won't bother to look it up on every FD.

My regular UD is 1700-1800 calorie range. Today's FD came to 1,950 calories. It would have been about 250 more if I'd been home because I would have had a couple glasses of wine.

So, there it is. We'll see what the scale says - how these extra calories affect my weight over the coming days once it's all blended in with DDs and regular UDs.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
That's not bad on calories for a free day
My son loves those lean cuisine ginger chicken rolls. I think I have some in the freezer now
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:07 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:16 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
FREE Day and you went 250 calories over your normal up day?!?!?
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:35 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
I admire (and envy) the wonderful feeling of don't-worry-about-it you must have experienced!

Bravo for reaching goal!

Bravo for maintaining!

Double bravo for making an intelligent, informed decision that enhanced your life (and, I am sure, had no lasting impact on same).
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:11 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
I'm thinking I would have done the same thing inputting into ****** out of curiosity.

Your FDs will be interesting to follow!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, guys

I'm up to 144# today - that's 2# over my status weight. I'm on a DD today, so we'll see if it all evens out.

I'm ovulating, and I had a lot of carbs yesterday - fairly refined ones (white bread, pie, ice cream, etc.) so I think I'm retaining water more than anything.

Watch this space for new developments
Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
If it helps any I had my first try at a FD yesterday and ate all kinds of foods I don't normally eat. I didn't count calories, ate like a Queen, and will tell you the scale was only up the 1 pound I have come to expect after an UD. No more, no less!

I don't think eating a few FDs here and there are going to hurt us, it's the EVERYDAY FDs that would be the killer of the magic of JUDDD!

DD today for both of us, Sophie and we will make them good ones!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, I think you're right, Beeb - we can do FD here an there without trouble.

Hehe, the F in FD could stand for many things:

FREE Day
FEAST Day
FULL Day

The great thing is, I only just started to feel hunger today on my DD, and it's 1 p.m. And I could hold off eating a good deal longer but I need to eat something to take medication and supps. But I'm happy my extreme hunger yesterday was probably just ovulation, and that it didn't carry over to today. In fact, the FD might have helped fuel me better for today.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I am out of town, at a relative's and it's an UD but I didn't want to worry about calories, just eat. I decided to just go for it and make today a Free Day.

So, there it is. We'll see what the scale says - how these extra calories affect my weight over the coming days once it's all blended in with DDs and regular UDs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
If it helps any I had my first try at a FD yesterday and ate all kinds of foods I don't normally eat. I didn't count calories, ate like a Queen, and will tell you the scale was only up the 1 pound I have come to expect after an UD. No more, no less!

I don't think eating a few FDs here and there are going to hurt us, it's the EVERYDAY FDs that would be the killer of the magic of JUDDD!

DD today for both of us, Sophie and we will make them good ones!
Beeb and Sophie! So glad you are joing me in having FD's!

Like you said Sophie, they blend in with our normal UD's and DD's..so the cals will balance out and Beeb makes a very good point....it was everyday FD's that made us all overweight!

Beeb also says she ate things she doesn't usually have...I do too on FD's...some more junky foods that are not part of my every day diet....this way they are treats, and kept to a limited time period and amount...and enjoyed even more!

I am on my second week of my DD/UD/DD/FD/DD/UD/DD/FD rotation..DD/UD's being 600/1850...and I am still losing very slowly. Hopefully this will stop, as I dont want to lose any more...I am running out of clothes that fit!

I may up my DD's..but with the higher carb UD/FD's...I am really not very hungry now on my DD's.

On yesterdays UD I did 111 carbs ...My highest ever! As I sat in bed with a good book and a packet of peanut M&M's, I was thinking " this is a DIET??"

Juddd certainly does a number on your metabolism..in a good way! I wouldnt be surprised if those FD's edge it up a little more!

I smiled at Sophie counting anyway...I so get that! I resisited counting, (just)but still entered a set calorie number into *** (2600) so as I wouldnt have gaps...and I like to see my weekly average!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Beeb and Sophie! So glad you are joing me in having FD's!

Like you said Sophie, they blend in with our normal UD's and DD's..so the cals will balance out and Beeb makes a very good point....it was everyday FD's that made us all overweight!

Beeb also says she ate things she doesn't usually have...I do too on FD's...some more junky foods that are not part of my every day diet....this way they are treats, and kept to a limited time period and amount...and enjoyed even more!

I am on my second week of my DD/UD/DD/FD/DD/UD/DD/FD rotation..DD/UD's being 600/1850...and I am still losing very slowly. Hopefully this will stop, as I dont want to lose any more...I am running out of clothes that fit!

I may up my DD's..but with the higher carb UD/FD's...I am really not very hungry now on my DD's.

On yesterdays UD I did 111 carbs ...My highest ever! As I sat in bed with a good book and a packet of peanut M&M's, I was thinking " this is a DIET??"

Juddd certainly does a number on your metabolism..in a good way! I wouldnt be surprised if those FD's edge it up a little more!

I smiled at Sophie counting anyway...I so get that! I resisited counting, (just)but still entered a set calorie number into *** (2600) so as I wouldnt have gaps...and I like to see my weekly average!

hugs
Jo
x
Jo, you just may have to up those DDs AND UDs. I have had to do this. I upped them anywhere from 100 to 200 calories from my original weight losing DD calories of 700 and I have upped the UDs by the same amount and I'm holding steady now. My daily average is 1,350 and that seems to be the "magic" number for maintenance for me right now.

HTH!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm not sure why my DD yesterday was so easy, but I wonder if it's because I had the extra calories on my FD the day before?

Seriously, I was the DD like I never had before. Not that I kept my calories super-low... they were 480, but rockin' it because of how easy it FELT, and because food was not on my mind that much, and I wasn't uncomfortable with hunger, and that I could go so long between eating. And that the foods I ate were satisfying, instead of how sometimes I still want something more a little while later.

I ate 2 x and then had a low cal drink before bed. I didn't even have to break into one of the Pure Protein bars.

If only they could all feel like that!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Yay, Sophie! Isn't it nice how adhering to your low calorie JUDDD Down Days can return the favor to you with some free UDs?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey guys, just had my 2nd FD yesterday. I didn't even attempt to count or care about calories, just ate my fill of Thanksgiving dinner, had a couple small desserts and then got into the cheese and crackers!

Only up about #3, but that puts me at my goal weight of 145, LOL! And the DD today seemed easier than ever.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Wtg Sophie! Nothing like a carby FD, to make the next DD a breeze!
My next FD is tomorrow! Can't wait, as, for some reason, I have been starving today!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Wtg Sophie! Nothing like a carby FD, to make the next DD a breeze!
My next FD is tomorrow! Can't wait, as, for some reason, I have been starving today!

Hugs
Jo
X
I'm having my next FD on Thursday - for Thanksgiving
Old 11-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

I ended up having 2 FD in a row - Thanksgiving and the day before Tgiving, and only woke up to 145# on the scale

I'm having a DD today, have had nothing to eat so far and it's going on 4 p.m. Me and DH are going out for dinner at Red Lobster and see a movie, maybe do a little shopping in a bit, so I'm saving my calories for Red Lobster

From now on, every UD is a FD for me because so far I've had 3 of them since Saturday and it hasn't hurt me at all.

I'll keep counting calories on DD though.

It's real freedom from dieting - every other day, and since I'm just maintaining my weight, I can be looser with the plan like that.

I am not worried about going over calories some on FD, and if I see the scale creep up, I will start counting calories again.