Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Ww and Juddd

So i have been doing WW for the last month or so and I have lost a few pounds. It seems like I eat alot. so I have been thinking. On my dds i will count calories and on my uds I will count points. I would like some input if anyone has any.

Today was dd. I had 4 plain ff hn hotdogs and a medium chicken breast skinless boneless. I had lots of zero calorie drinks.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Daisey, Rachel does WW/JUDDD and I'm hoping she chimes in here to help, other wise just wanted to say !!

I would think if your DD calories and you UD points equal out to a good JUDDD calorie gap it should be fine. Guess you will have to determine what the UD WW points calories would be to figure this out.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
The only thing I would add would be this: counting your calories on DDs will work out just fine. 500 calories (or whatever you choose) and that part is very easy.

On JUDDD your UDs are not supposed to be at a diet level. Rather, they are supposed to be at your total maintenance level.

So, I'm thinking that WW will have ALL days at a diet level, which goes totally against the JUDDD concept.

So then I'm thinking you need to figure out how many calories you need to be eating for a correct JUDDD Up Day..... and then you need to figure out how many points that would come to. It will, of course, be a much bigger point day than you'd normally have on WW, but by using WW points, it will be pretty simple to do (I think) after you do that initial figuring.

But if you just do a regular WW points day as your UD, I'm thinking your UD calories won't be nearly high enough.

Did I explain that well enough for it to make sense?

Welcome to JUDDD, and good luck!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
I would probably try to figure out a points level that would equal two days of what your point level is.

So for example say you get 27 points a day. maybe do 15 points on your dd and 29 points on your ud. 13+41=54 which is 27x2.

one point is average around 35-45 calories from what i am seeing online so that would be like 520/1640 which is based on 40 calories per point.

Just an idea. i know years ago when I did WW I had luck with the Wendy Plan which is a calorie cycling that many WW have used.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I would probably try to figure out a points level that would equal two days of what your point level is.

So for example say you get 27 points a day. maybe do 15 points on your dd and 29 points on your ud. 13+41=54 which is 27x2.

one point is average around 35-45 calories from what i am seeing online so that would be like 520/1640 which is based on 40 calories per point.

Just an idea. i know years ago when I did WW I had luck with the Wendy Plan which is a calorie cycling that many WW have used.
I think this is much like Rachelocity devised when she decided to do this.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:50 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks guys...
Old 11-15-2011, 06:32 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
correct me if I am wrong, but I think Rachel did not count any calories/points for veggies she ate on either DD's or UD's.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I count calories on dd. I want to stay 500 or less.
A true dd.
Because I think I remember the key to
this is dd.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
correct me if I am wrong, but I think Rachel did not count any calories/points for veggies she ate on either DD's or UD's.
Yes, that is my understanding too. She said they were free on WW, and she wasn't going to start worrying about the calories in them at this point!

I think that's probably a thing that you can fine tune close to goal if needed. LOL

RACHEL, how are you doing?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: putthekettleon
Dasiey, I was doing WW, but I've abandoned the WW points system, although I'll always keep their philosophy about the 0 point fruits and vegetables (they actually stole that from Mayo Clinic, who's been recommending that for years for dieters)...but I digress. Dasiey, you can cycle your WW points on something called the Wendie plan. If you google it, you can see how the points are rotated day by day.

However you do it, lowering calories just plain works. I wasted so many years flitting from one diet to the next, doing crazy and not so crazy things that just didn't work, when I knew iin my heart that the only thing that ever worked for me was just lowering the caloires.

You can do it! This is best, most supportive forum I have ever come across. You found the right place.
putthekettleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: putthekettleon
Dasiey, I'm going to see if I can find the Wendie rotation for you over on the official WW site. I'll cut and paste it for you here if I can find it. I have some stuff to do now, so I'll try and find it later today for you. I hope it's still there! WW poofs posts that don't totally conform to their standards.
putthekettleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

ok thanks