Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!
 
handbells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: traveling through space and time
Posts: 6,408
Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
New-Question about Up and Down Days

Hello All!

I'm sure the answer to this question is around somewhere, but I have no idea where to start looking. I did look at the JUDDD website, but it didn't have an answer for me. I do not have the book, but am looking into getting it. My question is this. Are the days just alternated? Do you do a set number of down days and then an up day? What day do you start with?

Thanks for any help! I greatly appreciate it!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Hello All!

I'm sure the answer to this question is around somewhere, but I have no idea where to start looking. I did look at the JUDDD website, but it didn't have an answer for me. I do not have the book, but am looking into getting it. My question is this. Are the days just alternated? Do you do a set number of down days and then an up day? What day do you start with?

Thanks for any help! I greatly appreciate it!
and hope you decide to join our JUDDD family!

OK, the rotation is usually Up Day (UD) and then Down Day (DD) and so on. This would mean one week you would have 4 DDs and 3 UDs and the next week you would have 3 DDs and 4 UDs (these are my favorite weeks ). Now some do Monday, Wednesday, Friday as DDs and then Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday as UDs because it works better for their work/home/family schedule.

AND I always suggest you start with a good UD to make the first DD a lot easier. Just remember: It's always best to eat up to or close to your determined UD calories to make those DDs like hungry.

Here is a sticky that may help, too. WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!

HTH
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!
 
handbells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: traveling through space and time
Posts: 6,408
Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Thank you so very much! Sounds like my daughter's middle school schedule with A days and B days. lol!

Was thinking about starting tomorrow, but I think I'll wait until Wednesday so Thanksgiving can be an Up day! hahahaha
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Welcome, Jenn!

Like Beeb said. ^ ^ ^ Just alternate your days, straight rotation. We do use a Medium Day (MD) occasionally in order to change the cycle, so that ALL holidays and party days and going out to favorite restaurant days and celebrations and festivals.. well, you get the idea. We want ALL of those fun social occasions that involve good food to fall on UP DAYS, and.. they always do. If they aren't going to at first, we just stick a MD into our rotation, to use that to push the rotation back by one day, and whoopie.. now the *occasion* is found to fall on an UD after all!
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
hockey_gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Coast of Canada
Posts: 1,255
Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I started my first day with a DD. I did protein shakes all day the first 3 DDs. I'm not sure if I adjusted and it got easier...or if eating "real food" made it easier. But if you are able to measure everything out methodically, I would suggest eating real food for your DDs. It fills you up better and really helps.

Good luck and let us know how you do,
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
jem51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: south central OR
Posts: 3,645
Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I started w MWF DD's and let the weekend figure itself out since that is my busy time.
So this past weekend I ended up w normal alternating w Monday as UD.
I kept having to remind myself that it was UD and it was a little confusing.

I'm going back to the original plan and will keep MWF DD's throwing in MD on the weekend to make it work out, if necessary.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
and hope you decide to join our JUDDD family!

OK, the rotation is usually Up Day (UD) and then Down Day (DD) and so on. This would mean one week you would have 4 DDs and 3 UDs and the next week you would have 3 DDs and 4 UDs (these are my favorite weeks ). Now some do Monday, Wednesday, Friday as DDs and then Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday as UDs because it works better for their work/home/family schedule.

AND I always suggest you start with a good UD to make the first DD a lot easier. Just remember: It's always best to eat up to or close to your determined UD calories to make those DDs like hungry.

Here is a sticky that may help, too. WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!

HTH
Thanks for your post. I started today with a DD and failed miserably, ate 1660. Should i still do an UD tomorrow or attempt to do a real DD??
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
I started my first day with a DD. I did protein shakes all day the first 3 DDs. I'm not sure if I adjusted and it got easier...or if eating "real food" made it easier. But if you are able to measure everything out methodically, I would suggest eating real food for your DDs. It fills you up better and really helps.

Good luck and let us know how you do,
I agree and this is what I did until I got home this evening .
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Thanks for your post. I started today with a DD and failed miserably, ate 1660. Should i still do an UD tomorrow or attempt to do a real DD??
WELL, I always suggest starting with a good UD so I would say just make tomorrow a DD and proceed from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
I agree and this is what I did until I got home this evening .
And even though some do the shakes, I just would peter out the first day if I did this. I need FOOD, I need to CHEW and I know this so the shakes weren't even an option for me, as easy as I'm sure they can be. I just measured, weighed and looked around for all the foods that would give me the most bang for my calorie buck on my DDs. I eat a lot of good stuff on my DDs. I'd like to suggest you check out the "what are you eating today" threads AND the DD only recipe thread.

Lots of AMAZING ideas in there!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Thanks Linda. I'm going to develop my UD/DD schedule based in the info in your post and go from there.

I wi also check out the threads you mention as well. I pretty much have a plan for my DDs (protein, fat, veggies, and 1 fruit). Im nervous about the UDs cause I dont want to start eating junk foods!

I dont know...will figure it all out soon.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Thanks Linda. I'm going to develop my UD/DD schedule based in the info in your post and go from there.

I wi also check out the threads you mention as well. I pretty much have a plan for my DDs (protein, fat, veggies, and 1 fruit). Im nervous about the UDs cause I dont want to start eating junk foods!

I dont know...will figure it all out soon.
Then don't eat junk food, just eat like you know is good for you, and yup you WILL figure it out, we all do and actually pretty quickly, too. Another WONDERFUL side effect of JUDDD!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!
 
handbells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: traveling through space and time
Posts: 6,408
Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Well, got through my first DD. I think I did pretty well. I was just under my allotted calories of 468. I did get a little hungry at points, but I'll figure it all out!

Today is my first UD and I'm a little nervous. But if I got through my DD, I can get through this day too!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:23 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Sandelio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 573
Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
Way to go Jenn!

Now make sure to eat ALL of your UD calories!!!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!
 
handbells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: traveling through space and time
Posts: 6,408
Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
Way to go Jenn!

Now make sure to eat ALL of your UD calories!!!
That is going to be tough! There are a lot of them!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
Sandelio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 573
Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
Yeppers! But it's the GAP between the two days calories that wakes your metabolism up! If you do a DD followed by another low calorie day you're just telling your metabolism "Hey, you know what? You can just lie around and do nothing like you have been for too long Mr. Metabolsim. I like being this weight and want to continue living a life deprived of things that taste good!"



EAT!!!

Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Well, got through my first DD. I think I did pretty well. I was just under my allotted calories of 468. I did get a little hungry at points, but I'll figure it all out!

Today is my first UD and I'm a little nervous. But if I got through my DD, I can get through this day too!
Did you weigh afterwards? If so, please share your results. Thanks.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
WTG on a great first DD, Jenn! I'm always amazed at how so many can those DD from the start! I had to lower my numbers over time. DD were a big adjustment to me.

Anyway, enjoy all those UD calories today! Like Sandelio said, you need that wide spread between UD and DD. So you can make your body go >> over not having to lower your metabolism after that low-cal DD, because now it has all the food it can hope for!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #18
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Well, got through my first DD. I think I did pretty well. I was just under my allotted calories of 468. I did get a little hungry at points, but I'll figure it all out!

Today is my first UD and I'm a little nervous. But if I got through my DD, I can get through this day too!
Congrats on your first DD success!! Look forward to many more, too because they just get easier and easier!

I drink coffee with fat free half and half on my DDs when I get hungry, and I'm NOT a coffee drinker. At least I wasn't until I started JUDDD. I found out, by mistake, that doing this stopped my hunger cold for a few hours and THIS is a good thing. You may find that drinking anything hot; broth, coffee, tea, even hot water may do the same thing. I think it's the "hot" that is the suppressive and not so much what we are drinking.

And PLEASE eat up to or close to your UD calories today. You NEED those calories for your DD tomorrow and if you don't get them I just KNOW you are going to be more hungry and not happy! They really DO make the DDs easier!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!
 
handbells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: traveling through space and time
Posts: 6,408
Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Did you weigh afterwards? If so, please share your results. Thanks.
I did not weigh myself this morning. Believe me it was a struggle not to, but I have a tendency to get discouraged easily if I don't see immediate results. lol. So, I'm waiting for 1 week before I weigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
Yeppers! But it's the GAP between the two days calories that wakes your metabolism up! If you do a DD followed by another low calorie day you're just telling your metabolism "Hey, you know what? You can just lie around and do nothing like you have been for too long Mr. Metabolsim. I like being this weight and want to continue living a life deprived of things that taste good!"



EAT!!!

985 calories down, 1357 to go! lol!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.