Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
Is 1500 for my up day too much?

I've been debating this. I am 5'0'' and my goal weight is 110 on JUDDD. I'm actually at 119 right now. I am almost 31. I'm using the standard 500 for my DD.
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
I've been debating this. I am 5'0'' and my goal weight is 110 on JUDDD. I'm actually at 119 right now. I am almost 31. I'm using the standard 500 for my DD.
Did you use the calculators in the calorie counting/calculator sticky thread on our forum here? If so, what averages did you come out with? This will help you (and us) see if it's too much, not enough or just right.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

One tells me 1364 and one tells me 1363.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
One tells me 1364 and one tells me 1363.
For your UDs, correct? If so, that seems pretty right since you are very tiny to begin with. And I would say sticky to the 500 cals or less for your DD would do, UNLESS you only have a little bit to lose than upping the % on the calculator but still keeping it in the weight loss mode will give you more DD calories to play with. I did this but only suggest doing it if you only have a few calories to lose, as I did, to get to my (your) goal weight.

HTH
Old 11-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

So 1350-1400 on my UP then since the caculator says 1364, kindof an inbetween number. And yes up days.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I just read something and I think I may have misunderstood something. I thought you were supposed eat 500 min. But I just read its 500 OR less. How should I determine my DD amount. If I set up UP day at 1350-1400.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I just checked it on the JUDDD site and it says 305 a day on a DD. and 1524 on an UP. I obsess to much! lol
Old 11-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #8

OK, don't worry here at all, you will figure it out and be golden in no time!!

Now, if you think 305 is NOT doable and believe me I could never do that, then you CAN eat up to 500 calories.

And if you did 500 DDs and 1363/1364 UDs that is a good calorie gap between the days and I think it will work great for you.

Give it a try, and if it's not working than lower the DD calories a bit, but I would just leave the UD calories alone. You need to eat good on UDs to make it through DDs and you want to eat as much as you can, at least I think so, up to those UD calories to make those DDs doable.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 11-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thanks beeb!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I plugged your stats into Freedieting and JUDDD calculators -- age 31, 5 feet tall, female of 119 pounds, little exercise, and came up with 1413 to 1571 calories for your UDs. So if you were to go down to 1450, that seems like it should be a good number to start off with.

If you are doing well with your 500 calorie DDs for the first two weeks, you then have the choice to continue at that DD number, or figure out different percentages of your UD number to start doing for your DDs. But, even figuring a DD of 35% of your UD will only take you up to about 508 calories, so you may want to go lower. For fast weight loss, many will go all the way down to 20% of their UD number, which for you would be only 290 calories.. getting really, really close to a true fast there! Even at 5 feet, you might not want to go that low. But, on the other hand, it is entirely allowable for us to skip eating on DDs altogether if we want to simply fast on those days, utterly and completely. It's just that almost nobody wants to!

Being tiny just doesn't allow for as much food consumption as being tall does, but it doesn't make it any more difficult to lose weight. It's just that it has to be done on a lot fewer calories.

Good luck!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #11

With all the suggests with different numbers I'm thinking you head is going .

I got a different figure than Pat when I did your stats so maybe go somewhere in the middle between what you got and she got, and pick that number for you UD. Pat and I differ on our DD calorie thoughts and I always think if you don't have to go that low and can keep them at 500 or even a little above, then do so. We all do JUDDD a little different but the truth of the matter is JUDDD is VERY forgiving and works with YOU to help you find what works for you!

Like I said before; Once you find those numbers that fit you, you will be golden!

Last edited by Beeb; 11-14-2011 at 05:52 PM..
Old 11-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artsyfartsy
Stats: 120/112.5/110-lost 30lbs. prior
WOE: Low Carb Fusion
Ya, I'm 5' and my DD was 290 at 20%, too. I thought " gee, why bother even eating?"

I'll probably stick to 500 or a hair less. UD days around 1400.

I beg to differ that losing weight for shorter person isn't difficult. It is! We don't have much play around our maintenance cals to go down 500 cals if we want to lose a 1 lb a week. This is why more non traditional ways of losing weight works best or me.
artsyfartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
With all the suggests with different numbers I'm thinking you head is going .

I got a different figure than Pat when I did your stats so many go somewhere in the middle and pick that number for you UD. Pat and I differ on our DD calorie thoughts and I always think if you don't have to go that low and can keep them at 500 or even a little above, then do so. We all do JUDDD a little different but you the truth of the matter is JUDDD is VERY forgiving and works with YOU to help you find what works for you!

Like a said before; Once you find those numbers that fit you, you will be golden!
LOL Mostly we're in agreement pretty close.

I'm not recommending that she alter her 500 calories on DDs at all... only mentioning to her that she not only doesn't have to change them, she also has the option to change, going up a smidge as well as going down even more. Even to total fasting. (Which nobody every does. LOLOL)
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyfartsy View Post
Ya, I'm 5' and my DD was 290 at 20%, too. I thought " gee, why bother even eating?"

I'll probably stick to 500 or a hair less. UD days around 1400.

I beg to differ that losing weight for shorter person isn't difficult. It is! We don't have much play around our maintenance cals to go down 500 cals if we want to lose a 1 lb a week. This is why more non traditional ways of losing weight works best or me.
I totally agree with you. But I don't think I ever said losing weight for a shorter person wasn't difficult. I am one. Only that being short doesn't make it more difficult. Just that it takes less food to make it happen.

But I suppose that's pretty common sense.. as you wouldn't expect a 5 foot woman to be able to eat nearly the same as a 5-10 woman. So she can't eat as many calories, but losing the weight shouldn't be harder for her once she has her calories right.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
LOL Mostly we're in agreement pretty close.

I'm not recommending that she alter her 500 calories on DDs at all... only mentioning to her that she not only doesn't have to change them, she also has the option to change, going up a smidge as well as going down even more. Even to total fasting. (Which nobody every does. LOLOL)
OH, now I see what you were saying! Yup, this ^^^^ makes perfect sense to me, also!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Well today ended up being a MD. Thats okay. I feel a little bit more educated about what numbers to choose now and I am going to go with 300 on my down day and between 1300-1400 on my UP depending on hunger. At least for a bit to jump start some weight loss then I may bump up my DD some. Thanks yall you are all super helpful and supportive!