Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I love DD's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745479-i-love-dds.html)

Dottie 11-14-2011 12:58 PM

I love DD's

Seriously.
On UD's I constantly think about food. Did I eat enough? What can I eat to get my calories up? Too many choices!
On DD's, it's all planned out, nice and neat. Total control.
Am I just weird?

Skinjob 11-14-2011 01:14 PM

Yes. ;)

Nah I can see why you'd like them but I still perfect my UDs.

goose1 11-14-2011 01:35 PM

I prefer UP days. They are a lot more fun. This is my first DD since August, have to say they are harder than I remembered. I'm really hungry at the moment. I think it was a little easier on me last time since I was eating low carb before starting JUDDD, this time I had a little(okay big:() carb fest for the last month. I put on only a couple of pounds but I think I'm back to being a sugar burner or something. Anyway I'm sure it'll get easier as I get back to eating lower carb.

Beeb 11-14-2011 01:50 PM

You know I use to love DDs and then I loved UDs now I just love ALL days. After awhile you just "know" what to eat, and how much it is so it's just gets easier and easier! ;)

And, nope, our Dottie is NOT weird! :hugs:

pooticus 11-14-2011 01:53 PM

Well I think I'm biased but I seriously think longingly of DDs after eating in an UD. OK, so yesterday I had Halloween/Hospital Candy that the danged ol nurses didn't eat. Bad, I know. :( And today I woke up wishing I could have a DD! LOL. But alas no JUDDD for me yet. But one day. One day!

It's like getting a free pass from thinking of food. :)

avecrain 11-14-2011 03:31 PM

I appreciate DDs for many things (what they do for the scale, feeling fresh and empty, simplicity, feeling of completing a challenge), but I live for the UDs, hah.

Speck333 11-14-2011 03:59 PM

I dislike being hungry and short tempered, which is how I am on DDs. I do appreciate the day-after weigh-in, though. I do like the simplicity of my down day formula, too. But I much prefer being able to eat normally and not feel icky.

Star73 11-14-2011 04:17 PM

Dottie, I'm with ya! I enjoy DDs more than UDs. I think the longer I do this then it won't be so hard and I'll look forward to the UDs.

sazzie 11-14-2011 05:51 PM

Honestly, I like them equally, but tend towards the DDs.

I feel alert with high energy, and I'm able to focus a lot better.

I especially liked today's DD because I bowled a 196!!! I focused!!! :lol:

Beeb 11-14-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sazzie (Post 15175741)

WTG!! :jumpjoy::high5:

SoHappy 11-14-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sazzie (Post 15175741)

You are a stud! LOLOLOL :laugh: The highest I ever bowled (many decades ago) was a couple of 189s. I was really proud of them. Now they don't look so special after all compared to your accomplishment. :laugh: Way to go.

hockey_gal 11-14-2011 06:42 PM

Gracie - that's awesome! I bowled a 279 the second time I ever tried 10 pin bowling...have yet to back to that again. Maybe I should try it on a DD?????

I don't know. I love UDs but I feel bloated sometimes and always feel "guilty" because I think I ate too much. I feel irritable on DDs but feel skinny and more energetic...so I'm really on the fence!

I think I need more time to find my rythmn. I hope to one day be a DD lover :)

sazzie 11-14-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_gal (Post 15175865)
Gracie - that's awesome! I bowled a 279 the second time I ever tried 10 pin bowling...have yet to back to that again. Maybe I should try it on a DD?????

I don't know. I love UDs but I feel bloated sometimes and always feel "guilty" because I think I ate too much. I feel irritable on DDs but feel skinny and more energetic...so I'm really on the fence!

I think I need more time to find my rythmn. I hope to one day be a DD lover :)

Odda my goodness, a 279!!!! And, that was the 2nd time you ever bowled??

That is beyond awesome!!!

I'm on 3 different leagues, and only one of them falls on an UD......the others fall on DDs, and I am doing well on them!!

hockey_gal 11-15-2011 10:24 PM

Oh no - it was not the first time I bowled. It was the first time I 10 pin bowled! I was quite a good 5 pin bowler...I was part of a youth league. Gave it up for about 10 years and then tried 10 pin bowling. Got over 200 the first 3 games that night. Everyone thought I was lying about never trying it :(

Since then, I have NEVER bowled over 200, LOL. But I do usually get between 150-190 so not bad. I'd love to join a weekly bowling night. Just don't seem to ever have time.

Sorry for the thread jack. I love bowling!!!!

sophiethecat 11-16-2011 07:26 AM

I had my easiest DD yet. I don't know if it was my lowest, but definitely easiest. It was like the extra calories from my FD the day before made a huge difference in fueling me. I only ate 2 times on the DD and had a low cal drink before bed and I was good.

If they are all that easy, or even close to it, I'm :heart:'g the DD. But regardless, I do like how I feel on them. Clearer everywhere. Plus, I think I LOOK better. My skin gets kind of glowy :)

2muchme 11-16-2011 08:12 AM

I like DDs too. I know this isn't right (scientifically) but I have it in my head that DDs are the JUDDD-working days. Everything else, dessert. and no, not always literally dessert. I probably feel this way because of the weight loss I see AFTER a DD.

How low can you go?!!!:laugh:

SoHappy 11-16-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2muchme (Post 15180281)
I like DDs too. I know this isn't right (scientifically) but I have it in my head that DDs are the JUDDD-working days. Everything else, dessert. and no, not always literally dessert. I probably feel this way because of the weight loss I see AFTER a DD.

How low can you go?!!!:laugh:

That's interesting. I'm more the opposite of that and think of a Down Day as a resting day. So not even much work to be done with the digestion of much food. Like my body gets to just relax and take some easy fuel out of my fat cells without having to even process anything to get that easy fuel.

But whichever way we look at it, it certainly works wonderfully! :up: :laugh:

2muchme 11-16-2011 03:58 PM

Well, you see, Pat, I never thought of it that way but that's a good way to think of it :confused:. I'm still having a little trouble with DDs (hunger) but I feel more in control. It's less frightening because I know when I'm done for the day and that's it. Push away from the table! Bedtime! :faint: