Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nik Nik
Stats: 196 / 185/ 165
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: 10/20/2011
About to be Done :(

4 weeks since starting LC

2 weeks regular induction - I don't even know what I lost..4-6 pounds or something...

2 weeks on JUDDD - and now I am UP another 4 pounds from where I started meaning I was at 188 and now I'm up to 192....WTH?? This was my weight after a DD!!!!

I was thinking this weekend, and realized that my natural eating cycle is just going to have to do...I know what I can and can't eat...trying to fool myself into thinking calorie counting is something I can be consistent with is a joke (for me)...

I know what to eat and what I can't eat....I'm just throwing my hands up at the whole idea of any "DIET" and I'm bitter right now because I've been working so hard and haven't noticed anything other than a flat belly..but I still can't fit anything better and the lack of loss in inches AND on the scale is beyond frustrating.

Bottome line...going back to LC...and will be working out to change my body and let the weight fall where it may. At least this way I'm not fooling myself into thinking that I'm on a "diet" and stressing about what I HAVE to eat, and MUST stay below, and HAVE to get enough calories....I'm stressing myself to the point I don't know which way is up anymore and after just 4 weeks, I should be down much more than just 4 pounds.

Anyway...just wanted to let everyone know I'll be all over the place for now....I know LC will work...but my focus now is fitness and I know the weight will come off eventually if I eat right and just make better choices. Thanks for all your support...at the end of this week, hopefully things will show that I'm on the right track

10/19/2011--began the rest of my life...again!
196/185/165- New goal!

Nik Nik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving us, but I'm not sorry that you may have found something (LC) that works for you. We all need to do what works and JUDDD just didn't do it for you.

No harm, no foul BUT please come back and visit! You are ALWAYS , JUDDDing or not!

Best to you!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nik View Post
4 weeks since starting LC

2 weeks regular induction - I don't even know what I lost..4-6 pounds or something...

2 weeks on JUDDD - and now I am UP another 4 pounds from where I started meaning I was at 188 and now I'm up to 192....WTH?? This was my weight after a DD!!!!

I was thinking this weekend, and realized that my natural eating cycle is just going to have to do...I know what I can and can't eat...trying to fool myself into thinking calorie counting is something I can be consistent with is a joke (for me)...

I know what to eat and what I can't eat....I'm just throwing my hands up at the whole idea of any "DIET" and I'm bitter right now because I've been working so hard and haven't noticed anything other than a flat belly..but I still can't fit anything better and the lack of loss in inches AND on the scale is beyond frustrating.

Bottome line...going back to LC...and will be working out to change my body and let the weight fall where it may. At least this way I'm not fooling myself into thinking that I'm on a "diet" and stressing about what I HAVE to eat, and MUST stay below, and HAVE to get enough calories....I'm stressing myself to the point I don't know which way is up anymore and after just 4 weeks, I should be down much more than just 4 pounds.

Anyway...just wanted to let everyone know I'll be all over the place for now....I know LC will work...but my focus now is fitness and I know the weight will come off eventually if I eat right and just make better choices. Thanks for all your support...at the end of this week, hopefully things will show that I'm on the right track

I'm sorry, Nik Nik. I know the getting started part of JUDDD is sometimes the hardest part for some people, because if they have their UD calories a little too high (regardless of what the calorie calculators say) it won't work too well, and if they are too high on their DD calories, it won't work too well, and if they don't actually track their food consumption and the calories they are putting in, it won't work too well.

JUDDD is very simple, and it's very easy. Except that sometimes it's hard to do that easy part.

And then too, here on LCF, we have so many of us who come here from doing low carb previously, so if they decide to increase their carb consumption now, there are going to see a lot of water weight increase on the scale. They haven't gained any actual FAT, but the scale is going to show that increase of water weight again, because of more carbs in the diet again.

So we either have to come to terms with that, or let it break our hearts about water weight showing up, or just remain very, very low carb forever to prevent it.

But, yes.. there is no getting around the fact that JUDDD is an actual plan. It isn't a *just eat as you feel like* sort of plan. And being calorie based, that is sort of one of the more important parts of it.. the calorie counting part.

But I completely understand that tracking their food intake isn't something that some people want to do at all, so since JUDDD doesn't work very well without attendance to that detail, it isn't a good match for some folks.

I wish you nothing but good luck in however you decide to manage your weight and your body and your health. And your eating! LOL I so wish none of us had to even bother with having to deal with what we eat and how much we eat and could just... eat. Without worrying about it. Except we can't. I hope you find what works for you!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Oh I'll still be around on these boards...LOL...you can't get rid of me that easily

I don't know what it's called, how I eat....but I'm pretty much fasting from wake up until about 5:30 when I get off anyway...I don't eat during the day unless I happen to be starving...and I stay LC if I do....dinner is LC and I assumed the reason I wasn't losing was because I wasn't eating enough...

So I came to JUDDD because I figure it incorporates my lack of food intake into the program....but as easy as it is...it's also very easy for me overdo 500 calories and doing LC....over do my UD calories...not with bad carbs or anything...just bad calories....LOL!

So I'm going back to the way I eat normally and then LCing when I do eat....kind of the best of both worlds for me, but only carb counting pressure not the calorie counting kind that for some reason just drives me crazy!!

I'd just like to see some results....it sucks to gain when I haven't added anything back that would make me gain...
Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
NikNik - I hate to say it, but even on LC many people have to count their calories to make it work...

Good luck with whatever you choose!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nik View Post
Oh I'll still be around on these boards...LOL...you can't get rid of me that easily

I don't know what it's called, how I eat....but I'm pretty much fasting from wake up until about 5:30 when I get off anyway...I don't eat during the day unless I happen to be starving...and I stay LC if I do....dinner is LC and I assumed the reason I wasn't losing was because I wasn't eating enough...

So I came to JUDDD because I figure it incorporates my lack of food intake into the program....but as easy as it is...it's also very easy for me overdo 500 calories and doing LC....over do my UD calories...not with bad carbs or anything...just bad calories....LOL!

So I'm going back to the way I eat normally and then LCing when I do eat....kind of the best of both worlds for me, but only carb counting pressure not the calorie counting kind that for some reason just drives me crazy!!

I'd just like to see some results....it sucks to gain when I haven't added anything back that would make me gain...

It looks to me like you are just naturally doing more of an *intermittent fasting* way of eating, which can sort of be worked into JUDDD, but is not quite the smooth fit as it would seem. But we do have people on LCF who do these types of diets, so those might be ideal for you! They fast for most of the day, and then give themselves a certain number of hours from the late afternoon into evening, for example, to eat their food for the day. I don't think many of them count calories, but I could be wrong there.

You have the fasting part right about JUDDD, but forgot about the importance of the opposite day.. the feasting day. Plus our fasting day is really intended to be a fast!

Perhaps some others who know about the Fast 5 and Intermittent Fasting forums will be able to give you some links to those plans and forums. They might be a perfect fit for you.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
NikNik - I hate to say it, but even on LC many people have to count their calories to make it work...

Good luck with whatever you choose!
Oh I know...LOL...had trouble eating enough calories...that's when they were saying to add extra butter to try to get enough in during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
It looks to me like you are just naturally doing more of an *intermittent fasting* way of eating, which can sort of be worked into JUDDD, but is not quite the smooth fit as it would seem. But we do have people on LCF who do these types of diets, so those might be ideal for you! They fast for most of the day, and then give themselves a certain number of hours from the late afternoon into evening, for example, to eat their food for the day. I don't think many of them count calories, but I could be wrong there.

You have the fasting part right about JUDDD, but forgot about the importance of the opposite day.. the feasting day. Plus our fasting day is really intended to be a fast!

Perhaps some others who know about the Fast 5 and Intermittent Fasting forums will be able to give you some links to those plans and forums. They might be a perfect fit for you.
And my feasting just wasn't cutting it apparently....my problem is NOT getting enough calories when I need to...and going a little over on the fasting days...granted I stayed well below 700 on the DD's...it's still hard for me to get them up on the UD's without going completely overboard.

I really don't even want to focus on a plan per say...I just want to know I'm making better choices...being active...and sticking to something...

I know that LC is easy for me to stay in control of....and I'm hoping with excercise and just sticking with it...I can get the pounds to come off like they did in 2004......

This week is going to be my tell-tale...I have to do what I can live with long term...and hopefully, since JUDDD worked so well for me maintaining...LMAO....I can use it to maintain when I hit goal and get all the good UD/DD benefits that attracts me so much to this WOE.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I think if you committed to just 1 week of super JUDDDing and keeping track of those cals and not letting the carbs/sugar creep then you would see those results.

This is coming from someone(me!) who doesn't like counting cals either. I know how you feel. And my losses are a lot slower than others.

personally, I've NEVER lost weight just by "eating right and exercising."
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
Same here...wish I could have tho.

Good Luck Nik Nick!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I think if you committed to just 1 week of super JUDDDing and keeping track of those cals and not letting the carbs/sugar creep then you would see those results.

This is coming from someone(me!) who doesn't like counting cals either. I know how you feel. And my losses are a lot slower than others.

Me either on the typical way I used to eat...but I have had amazing success staying LC and exercising....it's when I stray that I find my problems come....but sticking to the LC plan has always worked for me...I went to JUDDD in my 2nd week of induction because the losses weren't coming fast enough and I didn't feel my calories were high enough for my body to let go of the fat...but going back to straight LC ought to do it for me....at least it SHOULD! LOL....we shall see.

Remembering Dr. J's words from the book "any diet will work as long as you stick to it"....sure hope he's right!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Glad you're sticking around, Nik Nik! Good luck - we all have to do what works for us.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote