Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Back to it today (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745452-back-today.html)

goose1 11-14-2011 08:25 AM

Back to it today

Hi everyone :hiya:, Wow lots of people doing JUDDD since I last posted in August. I did JUDDD for only 3 weeks, lost 7lbs, but then I got a temporary job that was supposed to be for a month but actually went on for just a little over 2 months. I couldn't JUDDD while doing the job, it was just way to physical.

Anyway, the job is finished now so today is my first DD. I'm sure it'll be tough. When I started last time the first 2 or 3 were hard to get through. The way I do DD's, I don't eat until around 4pm. I prefer to have a normal dinner. If I eat through the whole day I just feel hungrier. I'm thinking today will be extra tough, last time before I started I had been doing strick low carb. This time I've been having way too many carby treats.

I plan on doing JUDDD and lowish carb. I'm thinking about 50-75g carb per day. After the carbs I've been eating the last couple of weeks I've found that I'm not feeling as good as when I stay lower carb. I've been getting that all the time hungry feeling from them.

Hopefully I'll be able to get right back in the groove of UD's and DD's.

SoHappy 11-14-2011 09:02 AM

Welcome back, Goose!!!

Several of us hold off the DD eating as it seems to wake up our appetites when we eat early on, and then we're out of calories long before we're out of day. :sad:

I expect you're going to get right back into it quickly. Good luck. And there is a whole lot more folks here to give support these days. It's a very friendly and supportive place so join in! :up:

Beeb 11-14-2011 09:07 AM

:welcome: back and so good to see you here again! :jumpjoy: And as you know JUDDD doesn't care what you do to get those calories, VLC, LC, Moderate Carb, The Heck With Carbs, it just cares that you do them as suggested, UDs and DDs! ;)

goose1 11-14-2011 10:34 AM

Thanks for the welcome back Pat and Linda. I'm really happy to be starting back. I was totally stuck on low carb. It's been great if I want to stay the same weight, but hasn't helped me loose anything in a long time. Maybe being hypothyroid has something to do with it. I've read that you may need a few more carbs, thats why I'll eat between 50-75g. Anymore than that then after awhile I just don't feel as good.

So far I'm going not too bad. I've had a couple of cups of coffee with a small amount of cream. Just 7 more hours to go till dinner :laugh:.

sophiethecat 11-14-2011 10:48 AM

Welcome back, Goose! :shake: Nice to meet another JUDDD BUDDD! :high5:

goose1 11-16-2011 07:45 AM

Just finished my first DD and UP. Wednesday's are my weigh in days. I lost .6lbs for the first couple of days. Not bad considering how much I ate yesterday. It was my birthday and I had a couple of beers and some treats(candy) while watching a movie. So I'm pretty happy with that.

When I did JUDDD in August I kept my DD's to Mon, Wed and Fri, UD's Tue, Thurs, Sun, with a MD on Sat. It just works better for me to always have the same pattern.

2muchme 11-16-2011 07:50 AM

goose1: That's my schedule, too. Good job on the weight losss so far!!

and nice to meet you! :welcome:

goose1 11-16-2011 07:56 AM

Thanks Vicky, I'm glad someone else is doing the same kind of schedule as me. It worked very well for me in August, I lost 7lbs in the month. Not something that usually happens with me.

SoHappy 11-16-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goose1 (Post 15180213)
Thanks Vicky, I'm glad someone else is doing the same kind of schedule as me. It worked very well for me in August, I lost 7lbs in the month. Not something that usually happens with me.

It sounds like you're just right back at it as though you'd never been away! With you back into the routine of your old UD/DD schedule and already losing .6 pound, I'll bet you will be seeing these 7-lb. losses again too! :clap:

goose1 11-16-2011 08:15 AM

I hope so Pat, I turned 49 yesterday and I've decided that I've spent too many years being fat(24 years). I'm tired of it. I need to get going on this before I start menopause or it'll be just that much harder.

2muchme 11-16-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goose1 (Post 15180291)
I hope so Pat, I turned 49 yesterday and I've decided that I've spent too many years being fat(24 years). I'm tired of it. I need to get going on this before I start menopause or it'll be just that much harder.

Yeah, tell me about it! :cry:

dasiey 11-16-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goose1 (Post 15180163)
Just finished my first DD and UP. Wednesday's are my weigh in days. I lost .6lbs for the first couple of days. Not bad considering how much I ate yesterday. It was my birthday and I had a couple of beers and some treats(candy) while watching a movie. So I'm pretty happy with that.

When I did JUDDD in August I kept my DD's to Mon, Wed and Fri, UD's Tue, Thurs, Sun, with a MD on Sat. It just works better for me to always have the same pattern.

welcome back. how many cals. on your MD? I'm sure its differnt for everyone.
I am curious.

dasiey 11-16-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goose1 (Post 15180291)

:birthday: ditto I just turned 48 on the 12

goose1 11-16-2011 09:21 AM

Daisy, I keep it at 1400. I've also given my self 700c on my down days. I did this in August and after a week was able to cut them down to 600c. I just know for me that starting at 500c would be way to hard I need to work towards that number.

dasiey 11-16-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goose1 (Post 15180541)
Daisy, I keep it at 1400. I've also given my self 700c on my down days. I did this in August and after a week was able to cut them down to 600c. I just know for me that starting at 500c would be way to hard I need to work towards that number.

thanks.. I am doing 500c dds. And counting WW points on my uds. So I will be thinking this over if I do a MD.

sophiethecat 11-16-2011 01:44 PM

Belated :birthday: to Goose & Daisey! :jumpjoy: :birthday: :sing:

SoHappy 11-16-2011 01:54 PM

Hey, add my best wishes too! I don't keep up on birthdays, but hope you had Happy ones! :birthday::birthday:

Seabreezes 11-16-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goose1 (Post 15180163)

:birthday::birthday::birthday: a day late. Welcome back.

goose1 11-16-2011 07:04 PM

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes everyone?

Just finished my second down day. I was able to keep the calories at 600 today. It was a lot easier than the first.

Joedi 11-17-2011 04:37 PM

You're off to a great start! Here's to some steady losses, all the way to goal!

Hugs
Jo
X