Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Are we supposed to be more hungry around Ovulation? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745443-we-supposed-more-hungry-around-ovulation.html)

sophiethecat 11-14-2011 07:03 AM

Are we supposed to be more hungry around Ovulation?

Lol. Just wondering because I normally don't eat b'fast, but today I had oatmeal and I'm still hungry. It's an UD thankfully. It's also the middle of my cycle.

Dottie 11-14-2011 04:21 PM

I usually am, hormones gone wild lol.

Joedi 11-14-2011 05:41 PM

Yup! I get more hungry at ovulation than Tom...more bloating and weight gain too!

Jo
X

Beeb 11-14-2011 06:00 PM

I am past that "part" of life, but I will tell you I am ALWAYS much more hungry on my UDs. I don't even feel the hunger on DDs and sometimes have to "remember" to eat! :doh::laugh::up:

Maybe it's not too hormone related after all and just a JUDDD thing? :dunno:

hockey_gal 11-14-2011 06:29 PM

Hmm...that's interesting. I was going to start a thread about being RAVENOUS on my UD. I see many here posting that they struggle to get their calories on UD. But I *am* ovulating right now so *maybe* that's why.

I wasn't that hungry yesterday tho, why on the UD?

Were you hungry on your DD?

kris4chloe 11-14-2011 08:58 PM

i posted a similar question in the middle of the weight management thread i think? i was so hungry during ovulation, and i went over my calories and lost. so i chalked it up to my body trying to tell me something.

sophiethecat 11-14-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_gal (Post 15175824)
Hmm...that's interesting. I was going to start a thread about being RAVENOUS on my UD. I see many here posting that they struggle to get their calories on UD. But I *am* ovulating right now so *maybe* that's why.

I wasn't that hungry yesterday tho, why on the UD?

Were you hungry on your DD?

I wasn't doing bad at all on my DD yesterday until evening. I ate dinner and was still hungry and got even hungrier before bed and ate again, so I went a little over what I wanted to eat on my DD calories.

sophiethecat 11-14-2011 09:31 PM

Thanks for all the replies. :) This makes me feel better to know it's not just me, but is a normal thing. This too shall pass, lol.

Beeb, I'm normally not this hungry on an UD. Often I have to start eating purposely to break the fast and get the eating going on UD.

But, maybe tomorrow will be a better DD hunger-wise than today or I'm in trouble :aprayer:

sophiethecat 11-14-2011 09:39 PM

I ate too much today. Uncomfortably full. It wasn't like a normal UD where I get hungry & eat and that's that until the next time I get hungry.

It was like I was compelled to eat too much food and eat too fast. :dunno:

The power of hormones compelled me! :laugh:

Well I packed away the food, almost 2000 calories worth. I made it a FD, though I did go ahead and total my calories at the END of the day, just out of curiosity's sake. :)

paulabob 11-15-2011 06:20 AM

Yes, I get out of control hunger around ovulation - usually just for a day. No hunger changes around TOM though.

I should add this was something I never noticed on Atkins - since of course you aren't counting calories and having to stop eating.

sophiethecat 11-15-2011 09:53 AM

Yes, Paula, it must have just been for the day because I'm back to normal today! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

It's a DD and I only started to get a little hungry and it's about 1 p.m. I would hold off even longer on eating but I have to take medication & supplements with food so I am going to eat.