Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Give it to me ...Straight please!!...

OK,...I need a big kick in the butt, asap....

I know this is silly, but I'm not one to ask for help..Stupid pride I guess..., but I really need the guidance and support from you all who are doing JUDDD.

My situation.. = I been doing JUDDD for 2 weeks and was successful. I was losing weight, feeling great, very energetic and all around pleased with how I felt not only physically, but mentally too.. I know in my heart that JUDDD is the way for me!!!

Well, the problem is, I started having these annoying, on-going painful headaches. They would last all day. It got to the point where I was taking Excedrin first thing in the mornings. This may be just a crazy coincidence, but when I experimented by eating extra carbs, the headache seemed to dissipate. The odd things is that even back when i did very strict LC, I never had problems with headaches

First I started on a DD by eating some breaded fish and it eased off. This by the way, was after i already had my calorie allotment. The headache did not totally go away, but it certainly eased way off, enough so that I could function the remainder of the day. Well, the next couple of days, same darn headache again ...

Again, I ate carbs and again it eased off. I eventually ventured into eating what i call "crapy / junky" carbs ( potato chips, sweets and such ..) every day AND...as a result, I've had more UD then DD, matter of fact I have not had a decent DD for a while now. Although I've not weighed, i am SURE I have gained several pounds. I don't "see" it, but I certainly "feel" it! My energy level and all the other good stuff is gone!! This is no-ones fault but my own!!

I don't want to whine, or make excuses. I honestly just want to get back on track. I'm determined to make this a good calorie correct, non junky DD!!!...headache or not!! Please ANY advice or words of encouragement is deeply appreciated!!

Back to add...that for the past several days, NO headaches and like i said, i been eating crap, which is something I DON'T want to do!! I'm trying hard to make the connection between excess junky carbs and the non-headaches...

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...

Last edited by wastednuffime; 11-14-2011 at 05:35 AM..
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
It may not be this, but possibly you're not getting enough potassium on your DD's. Try using mortons light salt, or 1-2 99mg potassium tablets (barring any medical reason not to- like potassium sparing diuretics) on DD's and see if that helps the headaches?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:46 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I don't really know about the headaches, but I did want to encourage you. You can get thru a "clean" DD. You can do it.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you Paula and Dottie..

It "could" be a potassium thing, as after i ate potato chips, corn chips, etc...(lots of them) I felt better..

I honestly don't want that to be an excuse though....

I have some V-8 juice in the frig. this is fairly "Salty', but low in calories, so DD friendly I assuming. Today WILL be a good DD no matter what !!

Thanks again!!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
You could be dehydrated - that'll give ya a whopper of a headache, OR going thru caffine withdrawal? Coffee, pop, chocolate - cutting any of these can do it to ya!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Sometimes when I'm hungry or blood sugar is low, I'll start getting a headache. Just another angle to think about.

Your body just might need more time getting used to this new woe and different foods than you were having on LC. It may be affecting your electrolytes so the potassium idea is good too. Depending on what kind of carby foods, maybe they are supplying salt for you (potato chips, snack foods, crackers, etc?) It may be the salt in them is what is helping you more than the actual carbs.

Stay hydrated too.

Don't feel bad asking for help - post all you like and let us know what's going on good or bad so we can try to help
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-14-2011 at 07:56 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Sometimes when I'm hungry or blood sugar is low, I'll start getting a headache. Just another angle to think about.

Your body just might need more time getting used to this new woe and different foods than you were having on LC. It may be affecting your electrolytes so the potassium idea is good too. Depending on what kind of carby foods, maybe they are supplying salt for you (potato chips, snack foods, crackers, etc?) It may be the salt in them is what is helping you more than the actual carbs.

Stay hydrated too.

Don't feel bad asking for help - post all you like and let us know what's going on good or bad so we can try to help

You guys are the best!! Thanks for all the advice. I will try having some V-8, for the potassium value, along with my planned out menu and let ya know how things are going tomorrow morning. I have to be at work today @3pm, so that alone should keep me away from reaching for the salty carbs and such..
Old 11-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Don't have any other advice but just wanted to give you a and hope you figure out what to do and it gets better for you.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I have read where sipping on some chicken broth/bouillon is very helpful for headaches. Again, it would be a sodium/potassium thing.
Hope you solve this as headaches are the WORST!!

I just saw your stats - you have really done well. Congratulations!

Last edited by Seabreezes; 11-14-2011 at 10:58 AM..
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm so sorry, Anna. Headaches are the worst!

Whatever is causing them, I hope it clears us immediately, or ends, or the supplements fix it, or whatever... but hopefully something that ends this headachy spell without the need for so much of the high carb crap. Now don't get me wrong. I love that crap! But a little needs to go a long, long way, and it needs to be spaced out. You know? LOL

Well, unless it's cookies.

But you know that JUDDD is always. JUDDD is forever. JUDDD isn't going away. JUDDD is ready to kick into high whenever you want to get going again. JUDDD can just be set over to one side for awhile, and then picked right back up again. Of course... there is that weight gain problem in the meantime to contend with sometimes. So watch out for much of that. That's another thing where a little goes a long way.

Hope you're feeling better very soon and back to JUDDDing your - - - off!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
How are you headaches? Getting better I hope.
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Back to up-date..

I made it through yesterday without ANY headaches!!! I also had a well planned out, calorie correct DD. I *think* what may have helped was that I had some V-8 juice spaced out in 3 (1/2 cup servings) intervals. I had this along with my regular intake and still stayed @ 500 calories for the day..

I think I will continue to make the V-8 part of my DD's from here on and see if the non-headaches continue!! Today is an UD and i am going to carefully plan out my menu and choose more healthy options, staying away from any salty, carby, junky crap!! "T" day, which will be an UD for me, may be another story , but for now, gonna plan my UD's very carefully!

One day down and i feel better already

Thanks to everyone for all your advice and help. I truly appreciate it..
Old 11-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
Glad to hear that Anna - we don't want you having blechy headaches all the time!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Anna. And you plan sounds like a good one. Good luck.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote