Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
Well, I survived my first up day, but MAN am I STUFFED. It's actually a little uncomfortable, I'm so full.

I am just not used to eating this much. Blech.

Hope it gets easier as I adjust to a new WOE.

DD tomorrow, should be easier since I am used to my self-styled, nutritionally complete VLCD.
You don't have to eat a LOT of food on your UDs... just calorie dense foods that contribute a lot of calories along with their nutritional bang for the buck.

But since your DDs are scant, it does become a bit more important for each UD to be filled nutritionally.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You don't have to eat a LOT of food on your UDs... just calorie dense foods that contribute a lot of calories along with their nutritional bang for the buck.
I have been on a VLCD for several months. That means, basically, weeks and weeks of nothing but down days, and pretty extreme down days at that. I was averaging 350 calories a day, and I hit a plateau as I approached goal. It wasn't the healthiest way to lose weight, though I did eat nutrient-dense foods and managed my nutrients painstakingly in ****** to make sure I didn't lose muscle or become vitamin/mineral deficient. But it was unsustainable as a WOE and I am almost ready for maintenance.

Which is why I switched to JUDD. Obviously I can't attempt maintenance at anything close to my former caloric level. I have to re-introduce calories to my life and re-train my metabolism. Because if I can stall out at <400 calories a day, what does that say about my metabolism and my prospects for maintenance?

So, on my first up day, I couldn't eat all 1600 calories; the most I could manage was 1000. I guess I'll have to start earlier next time. I really do want to get the 25% DD and maximize the caloric spread, at least for induction. But that won't happen correctly if I am not getting enough calories on the up day. As it is, my first down day turned out to be about 40% of my first up day (400/1000) which is not a good enough spread for induction. AND not enough calories overall. My goal was 400/1600. I hope to lose these last 15 pounds in a healthier manner than before, re-set my metabolism, and develop some good habits for maintenance. Eating more is going to be hard for me, for a while. I had a hard time sleeping last night because I felt so full. But it's a good thing, re-activating my digestion. Digestion is a big part of BMR! So I am happy to be giving it a shot.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited by nikki; 11-15-2011 at 09:17 AM..
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
But since your DDs are scant, it does become a bit more important for each UD to be filled nutritionally.
It's actually amazing how good I have become at getting all my nutrients with minimal calories. I can do a 250 calorie DD and still get 38g protein, all of my vitamins and minerals, and 25g fiber for the day.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote