Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I plugged your stats into both JUDDD and Freedieting. (37 years old, female, little or no exercise, currently 131 pounds, 5'4" tall)

The JUDDD site said 1622 calories for daily maintenance. The Freedieting site listed your maintenance calorie number as 1519.

So since many of us feel that JUDDD is overly generous with the calorie allowance it gives us, why don't you cut that down to about midway between these two recommendations: say about 1550 for your UD calorie number.

So, if you ate at this calorie level every single day, give or take a few cals, you should be able to expect weight maintenance.

But, you want more weight loss, so you will want to eat at some DD calorie level every other day. What do you want your DD number to be? You are past the first couple of *induction* weeks, so know if you will feel comfortable still remaining at 500 calories, or whether you might want to take it even lower.

The JUDDD site gives you a low of 324, if you want to go that low, but really, that DD calorie number is up to you.

If you want to continue more weight loss, these numbers should do it for you. If you eat at those levels for a week or so and aren't getting any weight loss, then it might be time to revisit the calculations, as those automated calculators can only take into consideration the averages, and we are all very individual. LOL

Hopefully this will do the trick for you!

I'm sure glad to see you back here!

Last edited by SoHappy; 11-15-2011 at 10:22 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thanks for your input, pat. i appreciate it. i think i would start to feel deprived at those cals and that is not good for me mentally...it would only cause me frustrations.

i'm going to go with livestrong's "lose a pound a week" calculations of 1364/day. so a 2 day cal total of 2728 cals. according to livestrong, which is where i do all my cal counting, it tells me to choose their "light activity" since i am on my feet all day and going up and down steps throughout the day.

i will JUDDD that 2-day total by doing 200-400 DDs and 2328-2528 UDs. will see what that gets me. and adjust if needed.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
thanks for your input, pat. i appreciate it. i think i would start to feel deprived at those cals and that is not good for me mentally...it would only cause me frustrations.

i'm going to go with livestrong's "lose a pound a week" calculations of 1364/day. so a 2 day cal total of 2728 cals. according to livestrong, which is where i do all my cal counting, it tells me to choose their "light activity" since i am on my feet all day and going up and down steps throughout the day.

i will JUDDD that 2-day total by doing 200-400 DDs and 2328-2528 UDs. will see what that gets me. and adjust if needed.
I wish you nothing but the best of joyful weight loss! I will be cheering you on for sure!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #34
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
ohhhhhhhh - look at THAT new line in the signature!

Congrats on being "published" Linda!

and love the new avatar picture! The "monkey/bear" one was cute but this is a nice pic of you!

Sorry for the thread jump!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #35
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
but why would you gain if 1800 cal is your maintenance cals? why couldn't you spread the 3600 over 2 days in a n UD/DD fashion...1000-1200, DD; 2400-2600, UD (or however you would want to spread it)....there is still a calorie spread and you are still in your maintenance calories of 1800/day.
It's the difference in the UD an DD calories that makes this work for me. At 1,800 calories a day I would be eating 1,800 x 7 = 12,600 calories a week.

If I eat the maintain calories as suggested for UD and DD on JUDDD I come out to 9,450 calories for the week. I really believe those extra 3,150 calories would make me put on weight very quickly. The only other way to do as you suggested is to eat 1,350 calories a day and THIS is not how I want to eat, nor is it a good way for me to maintain my weight. Been there, done that and failed miserably because I was ALWAYS hungry!

And again I KNOW 1,800 calories a day will never work, I will gain weight. Been there and done that, too!

Oh, one more thing: Maintenance on the JUDDD calculator still gives us UD and DD calories, and does not say to do the maintenance calories the same every day. At 60% I would still be eating 1,760 UD and 1,074 DD which comes to 2,834 divided by 2 which = 1,417 calories a day. I'm pretty close to these numbers, and it's working well for me doing the UD and DD calories still keep me out of hungry and up to speed!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 11-15-2011 at 09:30 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thanks for the explanation, beeb.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote