Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Anyone Noticed That There Are Practically No Stalling Foods On Juddd? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745361-anyone-noticed-there-practically-no-stalling-foods-juddd.html)

Joedi 11-13-2011 12:49 PM

Anyone Noticed That There Are Practically No Stalling Foods On Juddd?

I have just been browsing the main boards, and was struck by the amount of things that people feel stall their weightloss. :stars:

When I started Atkins, I remember worrying that my daily piece of sugar free gum would "Stall" me! :laugh:
In fact there were long threads debating whether s/f gum did cause stalls or not, and similar ones for dairy, cheeses, nuts etc
(As I never lost weight on Atkins, :cry: I couldn't share an opinion either way!)
I never did understand how just a few nuts, or 4 calories worth of gum could stall weightloss...some claimed that even a few bites of a certain food would stop their weighloss point blank.
All I can think of is that they may have put on a little water weight...but surely fat loss would have continued? :confused:
I have noticed that on juddd, the only mention of stalls come when the juddder has been over-doing their calories!
Oh..and, rebel that I am...I never count my daily stick of s/f gum...not even on a DD!

hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 11-13-2011 01:05 PM

GORGEOUS new avatar picture, Jo!

And I know what you're talking about. I read over there and just think.... SERIOUSLY????? :eek:

I'm so used to people here at JUDDD reporting so much weight loss and having so much fun eating all their food choices, low carb choices as well as all the *other* stuff besides. :laugh:

It just gets sort of depressing to read much over there. :sad:

Joedi 11-13-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15172012)
GORGEOUS new avatar picture, Jo!

And I know what you're talking about. I read over there and just think.... SERIOUSLY????? :eek:

I'm so used to people here at JUDDD reporting so much weight loss and having so much fun eating all their food choices, low carb choices as well as all the *other* stuff besides. :laugh:

It just gets sort of depressing to read much over there. :sad:

:o Thought I had better show I had a body too! :hyst:

jo
x

SoHappy 11-13-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15172052)
:o Thought I had better show I had a body too! :hyst:

jo
x

You certainly do! :) ;)

And you will have it forevermore! Yay, JUDDD. :laugh:

julietcc 11-13-2011 01:51 PM

Joedi, I love your new avatar, too! You're beautiful.

Pat, I agree about the main lobby. Post after post about stalling and what little thing may have caused it is very depressing! There are a lot of frustrated people over there! I had my share of stalls while low carbing, as well.

JUDDDing is so freeing to me. And I think about all the yummy things I have eaten and will continue to eat. I don't worry about my stick of gum either and whether it will derail me :stars:

Beeb 11-13-2011 02:30 PM

:love: our beautiful, HOT Jo!! :jumpjoy::hugs: Great pic!!!

And yes, it saddens me to see so many avoiding food, good healthy food, whole food groups, tasty, wonderful foods because of fear of a stall or slowed weight lose. :cry:

With JUDDD there are not fears, at least not to me and being able to eat anything I want is a :aprayer: and has made me forever :notwrthy: to JUDDD! :hugs:

ravenrose 11-13-2011 02:47 PM

that's great! it's true that many people look too hard for patterns where they aren't there and blame various foods for "stalls." it's mostly nonsense, but I guess some people are happier with those limitations, if it makes them feel like they have more power over the situation. good luck!

sophiethecat 11-13-2011 04:29 PM

Great post & great observation! :) And I love your new pic, Jo - so pretty!!! :)

Yes, I was losing so slow on LC that I worried about stalls from my from pork rinds, deli meats, cheese, milk, so on and so forth.

Here on JUDDD, I have no stalling foods, only stalling calories if they go too high. :)

darlingnikki 11-13-2011 05:02 PM

Lol I remember standing in the drug store comparing gum brands
Thinking, seriously? Have I become THAT person that sweats it over a lousy
Piece of four calorie gum??? How did this happen??
Hugs
Nikki

vilanteira 11-13-2011 06:16 PM

You know, I've definitely noticed that! I used to think so many different foods stalled me when I was low carbing, but then I stubbornly tried those foods again while JUDDDing and I'm not talking small amounts either, and they didn't stall me at all! I'm starting to think if I keep to my calories for both DDs and UDs, that it doesn't matter what I eat (aside from the few things I'm allergic or sensitive to) and I'll continue to lose. It's so completely liberating and exciting! :jumpjoy:

sophiethecat 11-13-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilanteira (Post 15172779)
You know, I've definitely noticed that! I used to think so many different foods stalled me when I was low carbing, but then I stubbornly tried those foods again while JUDDDing and I'm not talking small amounts either, and they didn't stall me at all! I'm starting to think if I keep to my calories for both DDs and UDs, that it doesn't matter what I eat (aside from the few things I'm allergic or sensitive to) and I'll continue to lose. It's so completely liberating and exciting! :jumpjoy:

This is exactly what is true for me! :)