Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   First Week Results Of My Free Day Experiment (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745345-first-week-results-my-free-day-experiment.html)

Joedi 11-13-2011 10:25 AM

First Week Results Of My Free Day Experiment

After reaching my goal, I found I was still not relaxing and enjoying my foods on UD's...due to my ED past I was still afraid to eat anything very carby/calorific...I made my UD cals, but not by just eating what I felt like! :dunno:

Pat suggested that I try having alternate UD's not counting...just to see if I could maintain, and eat what I wanted. (I dont mean huge amounts of stuff..or junk, just foods that I liked, regardless of cal/carb content!)

I decided to give it a month....I worked out that even if my FD's worked out as high as 3000 cals :eek: (very unlikely!) I would still be having a daily average of about 1500...well under my 1700 maintainence level!

Here is my first weeks results

Sun - UD - 1682 - 134.25
Mon - DD - 567 - 134.25
Tue - FD - ?? - 133.75
Wed - DD - 498- - 134.25
Thur - UD - 1852 - 134.25
Fri - DD - 524 - 132.5
Sat - FD - ?? - 132.75
Sun - DD - 600 - 132.25

On my FD's I did a lot of picking...just a little bit of everything I had been missing... ( I imagine this is how most people react when starting JUDDD....and i am sure it will settle down when I get over the novelty!) I ate everything form a large cookie from my local bakers, a bowl of meusli...to wholewheat crackers n cottage cheese! I did keep all my portions reasonable...some things were just a bite or two...and stuck to one portion of each thing. A whole lot of carbs though! :D

My weight has just done the usual Juddd bouncing up and down.....ending in a new low today of 132.25..after my FD yesterday, :stars: so I guess the DD's are taking care of the FD's!

At the moment my counted UD's are a lot more balanced food wise than my FD's...but eventually I hope to be able to just alternate FD's/DD's in a sensible way..and maintain my weight...and truely be dieting every other day!

I will be continuing this rotation for another 3 weeks. If my weight keeps going down, I will raise my DD's to 700/800.

I realise this plan may not work for anyone else...but I have a long ED history, and I feel it is so important for me to be able to relax and enjoy food!

Sorry for the novel length post everyone! :o

Hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 11-13-2011 10:37 AM

JO! I'm so happy to hear this is *so far... so good* :jumpjoy:

It just seems like if you weigh each day, and average out a week's worth of scale readings, and each week that average is staying within the range where you want to maintain, it's all going to remain pretty good.

If you are seeing some real weight gain as a few weeks pass, you'll know to jump on it and return to your more strict JUDDD, to get yourself back into your maintenance window.

And if those weekly averages show that you are losing below where you want to keep yourself, you will know to add more calories back in for awhile.

This should be manageable, don't you think? You're doing well to this point, and it just seems like you are so balanced right now. In control, and yet with so much more freedom. Able to rely on JUDDD DDs to manage uncounted UDs. (Well.. every other one at this point, but still...)

:hugs: This is sounding very promising! :laugh:

Beeb 11-13-2011 11:00 AM

Jo, this is very interesting to me and I am thinking I may try a couple of FDs soon. It's good to see how it worked for you and thanks for the info!

WTG on the new weight number too, you HOT, SKINNY LADY!! :up::hugs:

SoHappy 11-13-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15171763)
Jo, this is very interesting to me and I am thinking I may try a couple of FDs soon. It's good to see how it worked for you and thanks for the info!

WTG on the new weight number too, you HOT, SKINNY LADY!! :up::hugs:

I'll bet this would work really well for you too, Linda.

sophiethecat 11-13-2011 11:14 AM

This is all great to hear, Jo, and I'm so glad you're finding freedom from the ED. :hugs:

You are paving the way for us. Very soon I'm going to start FD too and see how it goes. :)

I know for sure that Thanksgiving will be a FD :) I'll just do nice DD on either side of it.

Beeb 11-13-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15171794)
I'll bet this would work really well for you too, Linda.

I think so too and will make Thanksgiving a FD and see how it goes. Maybe even throw one in there before Turkey day! ;)

Joedi 11-13-2011 12:11 PM

Thanks Pat!

Beeb and Sophie...would be great to see how a FD will fit into your maintainance plans.
To truly only have to diet every other day would be a wonderful goal to have!

I imagine my FD as a wild animal....as long as it has a strong DD "cage" on either side of it, it cant escape outside of its own hours and attack my weight loss!...:hyst: ( i know..my mind works in a weird way..!)

Hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 11-13-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15171911)
Thanks Pat!

Beeb and Sophie...would be great to see how a FD will fit into your maintainance plans.
To truly only have to diet every other day would be a wonderful goal to have!

I imagine my FD as a wild animal....as long as it has a strong DD "cage" on either side of it, it cant escape outside of its own hours and attack my weight loss!...:hyst: ( i know..my mind works in a weird way..!)

Hugs
Jo
x

I can see that. It does sort of apply when you think of it like that.. the potential power and danger of the Free Day... but kept safe from causing any harm to you by being contained and safely caged. Pretty good, Jo.

Hey, how is your son feeling now? And have you got a couple of nights of being able to get enough rest yourself?

Joedi 11-13-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15171918)
I can see that. It does sort of apply when you think of it like that.. the potential power and danger of the Free Day... but kept safe from causing any harm to you by being contained and safely caged. Pretty good, Jo.

Hey, how is your son feeling now? And have you got a couple of nights of being able to get enough rest yourself?

He is on the mend thanks Pat! I knew he had turned the corner when he starting winding up his 15 year old brother, and arguing with me!

He slept for 13 hours straight last night..no night sweats! I would have slept well too...but kept waking up thinking he was calling me! Lol!...He may be 16, but he is still my baby. I have so much admiration for women who have babies at my age...I just couldnt do it! :hyst:

After a week of not eating he is starving, but his mouth and tongue are still full of ulcers, bless him!

Fingers crossed for a great nights sleep tonight!

Hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 11-13-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15171959)
He is on the mend thanks Pat! I knew he had turned the corner when he starting winding up his 15 year old brother, and arguing with me!

He slept for 13 hours straight last night..no night sweats! I would have slept well too...but kept waking up thinking he was calling me! Lol!...He may be 16, but he is still my baby. I have so much admiration for women who have babies at my age...I just couldnt do it! :hyst:

After a week of not eating he is starving, but his mouth and tongue are still full of ulcers, bless him!

Fingers crossed for a great nights sleep tonight!

Hugs
Jo
x

Well, there you go. He's on the mend!

What the heck did he run into? Did you find out what germ caused this? It sounds really nasty, especially ulcers in the mouth. :sad: Hope that part heals up real soon for him.

Joedi 11-13-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15171976)
Well, there you go. He's on the mend!

What the heck did he run into? Did you find out what germ caused this? It sounds really nasty, especially ulcers in the mouth. :sad: Hope that part heals up real soon for him.

No idea! He had a cold...then spent an evening working at our local fair on the sea front...got chilled through, and it went from there!

Poor lad..he has just turned 16, and able to do a few hours work...and this happens on his first day!

think we will be back to the docs tomorrow...he is desparate to eat..but his mouth is too sore!

jo
x

SoHappy 11-13-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15172014)
No idea! He had a cold...then spent an evening working at our local fair on the sea front...got chilled through, and it went from there!

Poor lad..he has just turned 16, and able to do a few hours work...and this happens on his first day!

think we will be back to the docs tomorrow...he is desparate to eat..but his mouth is too sore!

jo
x

Ice cream?

I sure feel sorry for him. :sad:

Well... and you too.

julietcc 11-13-2011 01:19 PM

Good to hear your son is doing better!

Congrats on succeeding with the free days! I'm thinking of trying this on occasion. Maybe not as often but once a week might be nice. And to think you even lost weight doing this! It might be nice for you to be able to raise your DD calories to 700/800.

Beeb 11-13-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15172014)

jo
x

So glad he is feeling better and I second the ice cream. Nice and cooling plus the fat will do him good to help even further in his healing! :clap:

darlingnikki 11-13-2011 06:08 PM

I heart your new avi!