Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Less water weight on JUDDD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745330-less-water-weight-juddd.html)

sophiethecat 11-13-2011 08:34 AM

Less water weight on JUDDD?

This is definitely the case for me! :)

When I was on LC/vlc, I retained water at least half the month if not more. If I "cheated", boy did the weight jump! But even sticking to my plan, I was retaining water so much of the time. And I know - I measured!

In fact I got so tired of it on my LC eating, that I began cutting out even more foods to try to get the water off. I became more mindful of salt and reduced or eliminated pork rinds as one example. It didn't seem to help too much.

I was prepared to see water retention on JUDDD, but the majority of the time I am not retaining water. This is a great thing! :clap:

SoHappy 11-13-2011 08:59 AM

On JUDDD I find that my *water weight* works just as Mother Nature designed it to. I actually kinda' feel good about that.

Folks coming to JUDDD directly from low carb are usually so depleted in stored carb fuel that they are also empty of any of that water weight associated with the storage of our carb fuel in our liver and muscle tissue. So they weigh a few pounds less, but it doesn't have anything to do with fat, only not much water in tissue.

So they can have some real HUGE bounces on the scale from amazing amounts of water being regained when they relax and first enjoy the JUDDD freedom to include more carbs in their diet. Especially if their initial choices are things like a real baked potato, or a plate of real biscuits and sausage gravy, or a real banana split at the local ice creamery. :laugh:

But for myself, once I'd sort of returned to my old fashioned mostly *normal* diet which was mostly based on the inclusion of all foods, I'd pretty much returned to having stored carb fuel, stored water weight, whatever... and now water weight fluctuations are not quite as absolutely amazing in their magnificence as they may have been at first. :laugh: But I did some general dieting in some of the months before JUDDDing completely too, so that was a buffer period. LOL

Beeb 11-13-2011 11:50 AM

I'm not sure about water weight but I will say that on my DDs I tend to empty my bladder more than I do on UDs and I always knew what the scale was going to be down after a DD when I seemed to be going a lot on that DD! ;)

melissaconatser 11-15-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15171871)
I'm not sure about water weight but I will say that on my DDs I tend to empty my bladder more than I do on UDs and I always knew what the scale was going to be down after a DD when I seemed to be going a lot on that DD! ;)

Yesterday was my first DD, and I noticed that I went to the bathroom twice as much yesterday as I normally do. I also noticed that my urine was almost totally clear. I actually expected my weight to be down this morning, but it was up .6. That's okay, though!

Sandelio 11-15-2011 06:45 AM

Ya know - it's funny - I was just thinking about starting a thread on this earlier this morning.

When I was LCing this last time round (probably about 2 months into it), I noticed that I had to be very careful getting out of bed because I ALWAYS had that "stood up too quick dizziness".

And it's gone now! I'm thinking it was truly dehydration!

And at our age, a little water weight looks better on our faces! Younger over-all - and a little less wrinkles!

dasiey 11-15-2011 06:46 AM

yesterday was my frist dd in mts. I went to bathroom alot all night in fact, I was down 5 pounds. Not sure why I have been doing ww faithfully for more then a month.

SoHappy 11-15-2011 08:17 AM

Ha! I just posted a new thread regarding water weight and our seeming abhorrence of it a few minutes ago.

Looks like we're all reflecting on that particular subject.

lilybug02 11-16-2011 09:48 AM

During LC I retain water at the drop of a hat. I'm inside the store and then BAM I walk outside to my car I can feel my pants getting tight. Since starting JUDDD it never happens. It's so nice. Also I've felt that dizziness as well. I'm ok with some water weight it's normal but eating a small amount of carbs causing the big shifts I would see was crazy. I think my body is normalizing now. Which is good.

SoHappy 11-16-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilybug02 (Post 15180657)
During LC I retain water at the drop of a hat. I'm inside the store and then BAM I walk outside to my car I can feel my pants getting tight. Since starting JUDDD it never happens. It's so nice. Also I've felt that dizziness as well. I'm ok with some water weight it's normal but eating a small amount of carbs causing the big shifts I would see was crazy. I think my body is normalizing now. Which is good.

Glad to hear this. Changes in diet can really affect us, that's for sure. Just think of everyone feeling so terrible when they start eating low carb, and that's how they learn of *Induction Flu*.

Folks are even advised to change the diet of their pets from one brand to another gradually. :)

Sandelio 11-16-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15180941)
Folks are even advised to change the diet of their pets from one brand to another gradually. :)

:lol: WOOF!!! :rofl: