Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Smart phone calorie apps? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745288-smart-phone-calorie-apps.html)

gardengoddess 11-12-2011 03:01 PM

Smart phone calorie apps?

For those that track calories with your phone, what website or app do you use? (I have a Droid incredible)

pjsam1156 11-12-2011 03:10 PM

I use ************. The only problem w/it is that you have to put in the same number of calories each day. So if you are JUDDDing, one day it will tell you that you are eating way too few calories, and the next day it will freak out and go into the "red zone" and tell you that you are eating way too many calories.:D
So, I just put in 1100 for each day, I use 500 on DDs and 1700 on UDs, so I just watch my totals for the day. It has a pretty good database, and you can go into on your computer w/your username and all will be automatically recorded there, as well.
There are others, but I haven't tried them. Good Luck!!:high5:

kris4chloe 11-12-2011 03:20 PM

i use ************ too, i have an iphone.

i just adjust my calories each day by what my calories count should be that day.

pjsam1156 11-12-2011 03:25 PM

Good idea, Kristi! I might try that!

Mommie22boys 11-12-2011 04:57 PM

I use ************ too. I have my cal's "set" at 1200, but don't care if it tells me I'm under or over for the day. I just shoot for my daily JUDDD goal. I do love how easy it is to check foods and change them all on the fly whenever I need to. Makes sticking to my daily calories soooooo easy. And the database is pretty extensive, I've noticed. I've searched for foods on it thinking, "no way will this be in here," and wah-lah, there it is! :) Plus, it's free.

gardengoddess 11-12-2011 05:05 PM

Ok, I downloaded my fitness pal to try. Thanks! :high5:

gardengoddess 11-12-2011 05:16 PM

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! I can scan barcodes to enter foods!!!!! I love this!!!!

Or, I can just enter the calorie count if I know it!

I am WAY too excited about this.....:hyst:

Idreamofweightloss 11-12-2011 05:40 PM

I like the scanning barcodes feature.

kel7298 11-12-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15170537)
I use ************ too. I have my cal's "set" at 1200, but don't care if it tells me I'm under or over for the day. I just shoot for my daily JUDDD goal. I do love how easy it is to check foods and change them all on the fly whenever I need to. Makes sticking to my daily calories soooooo easy. And the database is pretty extensive, I've noticed. I've searched for foods on it thinking, "no way will this be in here," and wah-lah, there it is! :) Plus, it's free.

that is what I do too. love it

Joedi 11-14-2011 12:39 AM

I love ***!

I set my cals to zero. This just means the little counter is in red instead of green ( cos with my first food it thinks I have gone over my daily allowance...lol)!
The benefit from doing this, is I can check my weekly totals and see what my daily average is ( though if you add exercise into your daily amounts, ir subtracts the calories, so your count won't be accurate! I just add my exercise into the notes section!)
And I love the little weightloss graph, too!)
Hugs
Jo
X

Beeb 11-15-2011 04:27 PM

I'm a Fat Secret gal, and have been for quite a while. I have the app on my phone with the scanner and sometimes I just too lazy and will sit eating, scanning all the products I'm eating into the phone instead of putting them in manually into my computer journal!

Talk about LAZY!! :stars::hyst:

Sandelio 11-15-2011 04:29 PM

I'M ADDICTED TO ************ on my Droid - LOL!

LOVE the scanner - so easy to enter food quickly, even without the scanner!

Meek75 11-15-2011 06:59 PM

Im going to try ************ as well.

Im currently using Low Carb Assistant and love it. The database is full of foods!!

Kissa 11-17-2011 02:56 PM

Love *** too.

melissaconatser 11-17-2011 03:04 PM

I have a Windows phone, so the apps aren't quite as cool. I am using My Fitness Pal, and absolutely love it, but it doesn't have the scanner feature. :(

I just downloaded Fat Secret, just to see if it had the scanner, but it doesn't seem to have it either. Hopefully they will have a Windows update to one of these apps before too long.