Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Count me in!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745264-count-me.html)

jandjsmom 11-12-2011 10:04 AM

Count me in!!!

I am sooooooooooooo ready to get to goal and have got to change things up. Been gaining/losing same few pounds for several weeks now. I would really like to go into the new year in the 120's. I have been thinking about JUDDD for maintance but I am going to go for it to see how low I can go!!

Only problem is that on down days, the calculator has me at 375 calories!!! How in the world do you spread so few calories over the day?? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

julietcc 11-12-2011 10:12 AM

Welcome to JUDDD! The seasoned pros will be along soon but most people do 500 calories despite what the JUDDD calculator says which is much more doable. The very first down day is the hardest and then you'll be amazed at how easy they are. I actually enjoy down days because they are so simple and challenging. I feel triumphant and skinny after a down day! And even if you are close to goal, the pounds come off quite quickly! After 2 and a half weeks, I dropped nearly 6 pounds! Now I'm upping my up day calories so I don't look too scrawny.

shari 11-12-2011 10:13 AM

I'm agree with Julie, most of us shoot for 500. :welcome:

julietcc 11-12-2011 10:16 AM

Also, the women here are wonderful and so supportive! This is definitely a happy board.

SoHappy 11-12-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandjsmom (Post 15169674)
I am sooooooooooooo ready to get to goal and have got to change things up. Been gaining/losing same few pounds for several weeks now. I would really like to go into the new year in the 120's. I have been thinking about JUDDD for maintance but I am going to go for it to see how low I can go!!

Only problem is that on down days, the calculator has me at 375 calories!!! How in the world do you spread so few calories over the day?? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Welcome! It's great to have you join us here, and I'll bet you come to be as excited about JUDDD as we are!

And, yes. I agree with the others that 500 calorie Down Days is a good place to start, and even to remain as you lose your weight. If you can go lower, that's great, but not necessary.

And, I kid you not.. that first *fasting* day or two are kind of hard to do successfully. But it get pretty easy, pretty fast as your brain readjusts it appetite signals to your stomach as it adapts to your new eating routine.

And then too, you will quickly learn how to make some filling foods for your DDs that are also not high in calories. A lot of us go real heavy on the low calorie vegetables on those days, and as example, you can have a huge stir fry of broccoli and green pepper, mushrooms, and some onion and carrots, and hold the calories down so low that there are calories left over for quite a bit of other foods too!

So glad to have you join us now and not even wait for maintenance! Most people wish they'd come over here much sooner, because their weight loss occurs so quickly here compared to their previous efforts! :welcome:

jandjsmom 11-12-2011 10:38 AM

AW!! Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement!!

Ok, 500 calories seems much more doable!!

I'm thinking it is probably alot easier to have a "standard" DD menu at first. Do ya'll (I'm a southerner!!) have pretty much the same DD menu??

Star73 11-12-2011 10:46 AM

:welcome:

I'm new too so I'm still learning, but I think you will really like JUDDD. :jumpjoy:

Skinjob 11-12-2011 11:37 AM

Welcome! I'm new here too. Just rounding out my first week. Very supportive gals on this board.

sophiethecat 11-12-2011 12:48 PM

Hi J&J! :hiya: :welcome: to JUDDD! I started a little over a month ago. Wish I'd started a lot sooner too, but here I am now, below my original goal weight and ready for maintenance eating! :)

You'll soon get the hang of DDs and have "go to" foods you enjoy on DD and know will help you feel satisfied.

Some examples for me:

Progresso Light Soup, Nickell's Light Bread toasted, Laughing Cow Light swiss cheese spread on the toast = Great DD meal.

Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe bar = Great DD meal and usually the ending food of every DD, along with some tea or decaf. I nibble on the bar and make it last longer.

Veggies & low fat cottage cheese.

Small cobb salad I throw together with lettuce, half can of tuna or a bit of chicken breast, hard-boiled egg, chopped up slice of deli ham or turkey, some light dressing.

Post all you want on the forum and let everyone help and encourage you! :high5::high5:

jandjsmom 11-12-2011 01:24 PM

Thanks sophie!! I will definately be around! LC has worked so well for me, but I think the main thing is LowCarb Friends!!! Definately my hobby is lurking these boards!!

When losing your last bit of weight on JUDDD, did you count calories on UD?

sophiethecat 11-12-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandjsmom (Post 15170073)

When losing your last bit of weight on JUDDD, did you count calories on UD?

Yes, that is what helped me manipulate my weight - by figuring out my calorie limits and sticking to them.

For example, through trial and error, I found out that having two days average out to around 1200 lets me maintain or lose slowly. Just below that, in the area of 1100 up to about 1200, lets me lose quickly.

I'll show you how it works for me, how I lost the weight I wanted to lose this week. Below are my calories since Tues. I had decided for sure by Monday that I wanted to lose more, but before that, my two day averages were in the area of 1200.

To lose weight, I needed my two day averages to be just below 1200. If you add up any two days below in a row and divide by 2, you see it comes out under 1200. So for me, that meant weight loss was imminent. I knew I would lose, I just didn't expect a 2# whoosh :)

Weight - 144#.

Tue UD - 1791
Wed DD - 573
Thu UD - 1654
Fri DD - 605

And by this morning, Sat, I lost 2#.

Weight - 142#.

I hope this was clear - I'm not always the best at explanations, especially involving math, lol.

Now that I'm maintaining and about to do holiday eating for the next 1.5 months, I intend to have at least some "Free Days" (FD) where I do not count my UD but just eat what I want. I will continue to monitor the scales to make sure things don't get out of hand.

HTH :)

jandjsmom 11-12-2011 02:00 PM

That makes perfect sense!! I have been trying to avoid having to count anything, but know that since my weight loss has stalled it is something I must do. I am so in the zone right now, should be able to do it pretty easy. I am very motivated to get to Maintain Lane!! HaHa!!

Beeb 11-12-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandjsmom (Post 15170139)
That makes perfect sense!! I have been trying to avoid having to count anything, but know that since my weight loss has stalled it is something I must do. I am so in the zone right now, should be able to do it pretty easy. I am very motivated to get to Maintain Lane!! HaHa!!

:welcome: to the JUDDD family! And I know you will love this WOE like the rest of us!! :shake:

I want to suggest you DO count on both UDs and DDs. It really helps, especially in the beginning to know what and how much you can and should eat. It's a pain, at first, but after a while it just becomes second nature and you can look at a food and "know" how many calories are in there! ;):up: