Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's SATURDAY - what are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745186-its-saturday-what-you-eating.html)

sophiethecat 11-11-2011 10:05 PM

It's SATURDAY - what are you eating?
 
UD for me :)

2muchme 11-12-2011 04:46 AM

UD for me, too!! Mmmmm coffee with cream - hold the guilt....

betty301 11-12-2011 05:43 AM

as a last ditch effort of giving my all to JUDDD I am attempting at keeping cals looooow today.

And not eating so many veggies:cry:

Maybe the veggies hold a lot of water and it's been reflecting that on the scale??:dunno:

I mean, I was POUNDing the veggies..pun intended. I can easily eat POUNDS of veggies, LOL!!!

Skinjob 11-12-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2muchme (Post 15169070)
UD for me, too!! Mmmmm coffee with cream - hold the guilt....

Exactly!

I also had a banana, which was previously forbidden on LC. Not sure what I'll eat today but I'm gonna up my carbs to see if it makes tomorrow easier. I might even have a sandwich for lunch!!!

Dottie 11-12-2011 06:55 AM

UP day, going out for Mexican for lunch. I'll probably get fajitas but skip the tortillas and rice and beans, but I'll have some chips and salsa:)

Dottie 11-12-2011 07:34 AM

oops
Supper will probably be a low-carb pita stuffed with leftover roast beef, cheese and onions :)

sazzie 11-12-2011 07:55 AM

DD for me and I'm so looking forward to it after having much too much Chinese last night. To top it off, I didn't even enjoy it all that much!!

Will be having loads of fluids including broth today because I'm feeling bloated with all that 'other stuff' that was in the food.

Tyl 11-12-2011 08:08 AM

ud...

greek yogurt 2% w strawberry and a protein shake for brekkie

going to a movie for lunch...gonna have the turkey burger with sweet potato fries

bf wants shrimp for dinner, will likely roast some veggies with that and finish off my shirataki noodles.

kel7298 11-12-2011 08:16 AM

UD for me! This evening we have a "Thanksgiving" dinner with extended family. I guess I will watch my intake during the day somewhat so I can splurge on dinner.

2muchme 11-12-2011 08:45 AM

May I ask, Tyl, what your calorie allottment for UD is? Just running the numbers in my head, this seems really low. :dunno:

Then again, if you're like me.....I could put away a lot of sweet potato fries in very little time.... :yummy:

betty301 11-12-2011 09:30 AM

Do any of you think there is any merit to my theory of eating too many veggies on my DD? lol
Cause I reeeeeally love my veggies and would hate to cut back if I didn't have to.

Mommie22boys 11-12-2011 10:20 AM

UD today...

This morning my older DS's hockey team hosted a pancake breakfast. So
I had 2 pancakes, syrup, butter (liquid butter...it was really weird :confused:),2 slices of bacon, and coffee w/ splenda and h&h. (600-650-ish)

Lunch is up in the air a little, but I may have a boca vegan cheeseburger...I want to keep lunch low, since we are having company for dinner and making ribs, sweet tater fries and salad. (630)

Kissa 11-12-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15169618)
Do any of you think there is any merit to my theory of eating too many veggies on my DD? lol
Cause I reeeeeally love my veggies and would hate to cut back if I didn't have to.

Sorry, Betty I can't help here. I love veggies too but have them as soup. I find a hot soup somehow more satisfying than raw veggies.

UD for me. I am planning a meal out with DH, probably snails in garlic butter, (with the french bread dunked in the butter) followed by Steak Tartare and salad. I don't enjoy the fries they do at this particular restaurant so I won't let them bring them. And wine :o

SoHappy 11-12-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15169618)
Do any of you think there is any merit to my theory of eating too many veggies on my DD? lol
Cause I reeeeeally love my veggies and would hate to cut back if I didn't have to.

:laugh:

I don't much. LOL

Truly, Hon.. if it were me, I'd reassess that UD calorie number and bring it down a chunk. And hold the DDs to 500 calories and no more.

I really think you are in the unfortunate position of having a really slow metabolism right now, and I think the calculators have spit out their *magic formula calculated number* which might be perfect for the next lady in line who is exactly as tall and as heavy and as old as you are and does the exact same amount of exercise, but.. for her the number is correct. For you, the number if just plainly way too high. :cry:

That's what I am thinking is the truth of it here. :sad:

I do think you can melt away like others do, only for you right now, it's going to have to be on many fewer calories, especially on your UDs. But, you can work on, hopefully, speeding up your metabolism as you go along.

SoHappy 11-12-2011 10:45 AM

I'm doing a DD today. So far just mugs of black coffee to take me up to midday.

I have planned a scramble of 4 egg whites with 1 oz of chopped onion and 1 oz of chopped ham... 110 calories

a coleslaw of 5 oz finely shredded green cabbage with 2 tbsp. lite Miracle Whip and a bit of sugar/free sweet pickle juice... 65 calories

a strange mixture which I have come to LOVE of 4 oz chopped onions cooked with 7 oz of chopped green tomatoes, with 3 oz snipped shirataki noodles stirred in for *fill* and topped with 1/3 cup of spicy red salsa... 118 calories

and a bowl of oatmeal which is just 1/4 cup oats cooked in 1/2 cup water, sprinkled with salt and with 0-calorie pancake syrup stirred in, which makes a good-sized bowlful... 74 calories

This brings me up to 368 calories for the day, so room for more food if I think of anything I might want. LOLOL

paulabob 11-12-2011 11:19 AM

UD

lunch - Tyson wings with homemade blue cheese dressing,
yellow cherry tomatoes with blue cheese
dinner - drumsticks with more dressing, salad, wine

snacks, habanero almonds, lindt chocolate, coconut oil for hunger

1400-1600 (extra alloted for those almonds!)

Dottie 11-12-2011 11:42 AM

Only managed to eat about half my meal. I'll work calories in somewhere today but I'm stuffed!

Tyl 11-12-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2muchme (Post 15169484)
May I ask, Tyl, what your calorie allottment for UD is? Just running the numbers in my head, this seems really low. :dunno:

Then again, if you're like me.....I could put away a lot of sweet potato fries in very little time.... :yummy:

yes you may ask...i'm still so nervous to EAT on the UD. I'm supposed to be aiming for 2000 cals. I couldn't find nutrition facts for the place that i'm going (studio movie grill) but was guestimating the turkey burger and sweet potato fries at about 600 cals. i have no idea what to eat on these dang up days lol advice it totally welcome


eta:
yogurt: 140 cals
protein shake (2 scoops of pp in 8 oz of almond milk): 280+60=340
had a post workout shake with just 1 scoop: 140+60= 200

so far thats 680...headed to movie now...

sophiethecat 11-12-2011 11:58 AM

UD

B - black coffee

L - turkey with homemade noodles and gravy, instant potatoes & gravy, 1/2 roll, green beans, coleslaw.

About 425 calories.

Wallee 11-12-2011 12:16 PM

DD

Chai tea, light english muffin, 1/2 can of light progresso soup, not sure about dinner but either more soup or chicken and salad.

betty301 11-12-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15169755)
:laugh:

I don't much. LOL

Truly, Hon.. if it were me, I'd reassess that UD calorie number and bring it down a chunk. And hold the DDs to 500 calories and no more.

I really think you are in the unfortunate position of having a really slow metabolism right now, and I think the calculators have spit out their *magic formula calculated number* which might be perfect for the next lady in line who is exactly as tall and as heavy and as old as you are and does the exact same amount of exercise, but.. for her the number is correct. For you, the number if just plainly way too high. :cry:

That's what I am thinking is the truth of it here. :sad:

I do think you can melt away like others do, only for you right now, it's going to have to be on many fewer calories, especially on your UDs. But, you can work on, hopefully, speeding up your metabolism as you go along.

Bring the UD calories DOWN???
All this time I've been trying to get them UP to get more of a spread. Yesterday was the first day I hit right at 2,000cals..but with over 200 carbs:dunno:

betty301 11-12-2011 12:21 PM

Having success keeping it loooow today.

miso soup(35)
salad(30)
7 mushrooms-(25)
2 tbsp ff italian dressing(15)
1 tsp dijon mustard(5)
another cup of chicken broth(10)


I have a killer headache though. Gotta take the kids bowling, then plan on having a turkey dog(120)

16oz cabbage
(92)

330 for the day with a little room to spare for more veggies if I want.

Erikasmommy 11-12-2011 12:22 PM

MD for me after a VERY unsuccessful DD yesterday :annoyed:

B: Jimmy Dean Dlight breakfast bowl 230
L: Amy's veggie soup and 35 cal toast 95
D: Chicken and Dumplings 390
S: 2 diet swiss miss hot chocolate and a sugar free pudding 110

SoHappy 11-12-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15169940)
Bring the UD calories DOWN???
All this time I've been trying to get them UP to get more of a spread. Yesterday was the first day I hit right at 2,000cals..but with over 200 carbs:dunno:

LOLOLOLOL :hyst:

Yes, the spread is very helpful in nudging a metabolism up if it can be nudged that way, and for many of us it can. But, if the calorie level of the UDs is already too high to allow for us to lose any weight, getting it higher and higher isn't nudging it, it's just piling more and more calories on top of the number that already isn't working. :sad:

And, getting the DDs down to 500 will help with that spread too, so keep aiming for that.

May I ask you to say again how long you've been here doing JUDDD, what your weight was when you started, and how much you've lost so far? Is it possible that I'm thinking you aren't losing very well and need some suggestions, when you are indeed really losing pretty well after all and just are hoping to go at an even faster clip? Perhaps I am just assuming that you aren't experiencing much weight loss??? If I really know what your weight loss has been over how many JUDDD weeks, maybe we can get that basic info in place first. That's probably the best place to start for us. :laugh: I guess that would be step one, wouldn't it! :laugh:

Hang in there, even though I can't blame your head from really swimming right now! :stars: :hyst:

kris4chloe 11-12-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15169618)
Do any of you think there is any merit to my theory of eating too many veggies on my DD? lol
Cause I reeeeeally love my veggies and would hate to cut back if I didn't have to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15169940)
Bring the UD calories DOWN???
All this time I've been trying to get them UP to get more of a spread. Yesterday was the first day I hit right at 2,000cals..but with over 200 carbs:dunno:

What are your UD/DD calories at now? I am thinking for your weight you would be more like 500/1800 or even 1700

I am at 500/2000 and I am 25 pounds more then you. I think getting your DD to 500 will be the key because i remember reading that you have been doing 600-700?

I would try keeping those DD's down and I wouldn't shun the veggies. I eat alot of veggies on DD's too. I like you :love: them.

also have you been taking measurements? how are your clothes fitting? I am only down 9 lbs but my measurements are showing more then the scale at this point, maybe that is the case for you too?

kris4chloe 11-12-2011 01:18 PM

DD for me, trying to spread the calories out and get a bit more protein today then previous DD's

Breakfast
Trader Joe's - Cage-Free 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 6 Tbsp 50
Kraft Fat-Free Singles - American Cheese Slice, 1 slice 25
Santa Barbara - Salsa - Medium, 2 Tbsp. 10
Flat Out - Flatbread Light Original Whole Wheat 1, 1 flatbread 90
Generic - Green Onions, Chopped, 0.12 cup 4
Total 179


Lunch
Fresh Express - Leafy Green Romaine Lettuce, 2 cups 15
Generic - Tomato - Medium, 1 18
Maple Grove Farms of Vermont - Balsamic Vinaigrette, Fat-Free, 2 tbsp 15
Trader Joe's - French Green Beans Haricot Vert, 2 cup 67
Mushrooms - Raw, 0.5 cup, pieces or slices 8
Total 123

Dinner
Schwann's - California Vegetables (Live Smart), 2 cup 50
Laura's Lean Beef - Eye of Round Steak, 4 oz. 135
Total 185

Snacks
Swiss Miss- Sensible Sweets - Diet - 25 Calories Hot Cocoa Mix, 1 package 25


Total for the day 512 calories, 35 net carbs, 62 grams protein

betty301 11-12-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15169963)
LOLOLOLOL :hyst:

Yes, the spread is very helpful in nudging a metabolism up if it can be nudged that way, and for many of us it can. But, if the calorie level of the UDs is already too high to allow for us to lose any weight, getting it higher and higher isn't nudging it, it's just piling more and more calories on top of the number that already isn't working. :sad:

And, getting the DDs down to 500 will help with that spread too, so keep aiming for that.

May I ask you to say again how long you've been here doing JUDDD, what your weight was when you started, and how much you've lost so far? Is it possible that I'm thinking you aren't losing very well and need some suggestions, when you are indeed really losing pretty well after all and just are hoping to go at an even faster clip? Perhaps I am just assuming that you aren't experiencing much weight loss??? If I really know what your weight loss has been over how many JUDDD weeks, maybe we can get that basic info in place first. That's probably the best place to start for us. :laugh: I guess that would be step one, wouldn't it! :laugh:

Hang in there, even though I can't blame your head from really swimming right now! :stars: :hyst:

I've been at this since Oct 14th. I started at 187.
-got down to 184 in the first week!! IT lasted ONE DAY, lol.
- got up to 188 the second week
- got down to 187 the third week
- then down to 185.8! Then 186.8 a couple days ago.

betty301 11-12-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris4chloe (Post 15170050)
What are your UD/DD calories at now? I am thinking for your weight you would be more like 500/1800 or even 1700

I am at 500/2000 and I am 25 pounds more then you. I think getting your DD to 500 will be the key because i remember reading that you have been doing 600-700?

I would try keeping those DD's down and I wouldn't shun the veggies. I eat alot of veggies on DD's too. I like you :love: them.

also have you been taking measurements? how are your clothes fitting? I am only down 9 lbs but my measurements are showing more then the scale at this point, maybe that is the case for you too?

Well, I started counting calories even when first starting JUDDD. IT had been awhile for me. But when I did I discovered that what I was eating was really low! I was shocked. The 'lowest,' one of my UD's were and the highest was 1600, the week that I lost well. The highest DD was 6something and the lowest was 370!
It was suggested that I gradually raise the UD and lower the DD consistently. So I was aiming for 2000/500:dunno:

paulabob 11-12-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15170209)
I've been at this since Oct 14th. I started at 187.
-got down to 184 in the first week!! IT lasted ONE DAY, lol.
- got up to 188 the second week
- got down to 187 the third week
- then down to 185.8! Then 186.8 a couple days ago.

Have you lost any inches? I generally lose one inch for every pound I lose (on hcg & on atkins), but I have found I am losing almost twice as many inches for every pound lost on JUDDD. It is supposed to help you retain lean body mass more than other diets, and also redistribute fat from the bad visceral belly fat to regular fat areas. It's definitely started to improve my waist hip ratio and give me more of my old hourglass figure back as opposed to my middle aged spread.

Anyways, I'm rooting for you, and hoping your doc will fix your thyroid too!

Kissa 11-12-2011 03:00 PM

Successful UD ate as I planned and probably hit around 1700 cals. Maintaining now, wow.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 PM.