Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeahGraceG
Stats: 150 (postpartum)/119.6/110 (someday after baby)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Nov 2011
Whoops -- I blew it today

Well, today was supposed to be a DD. It ended up being an UD. Long story short, hubby and I tried out a new restaurant. While I didn't go crazy or anything, I certainly was not within my DD cals!

So I guess tomorrow should be a DD, and then I should throw a MD in sometime before Thanksgiving (probably that week) to put myself back on track, right? Doing a DD tomorrow will not be fun, as I'm traveling and will be grumpy, but maybe it won't be so bad. I guess we'll see...

Boo hiss! But I did enjoy myself at lunch -- I had a delicious lobster BLT and a cosmopolitan! I'm just so paranoid that I will gain weight on this plan. I don't know why -- maybe because I haven't seen a big loss this first week. I'm afraid I have a backwards metabolism or something. Guess I have to have SOMEthing to keep me up at night...
33 yrs old
LeahGraceG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
The beauty of the plan is that it really is very forgiving. Make tomorrow a DD and move on with your regularly scheduled life. You may find that doing a DD is easier than you think while traveling. My suggestion is to think tonight about what foods are going to be available or what you can reasonably bring with you...then plug in what you think you might eat into a calorie counter. Then you have a plan of attack to shoot from.

I was out of the house most all of the afternoon at a hockey rink...nothing for me to eat there on a DD (nachos, cookies, pretzels, etc...) BUT, I brought with me a cube of vegetarian vegetable (Knorr brand) bouillon and asked them for a large cup of hot water. It cost me nothing and my broth was tasty and filling. Kept me completely satisfied.

It taught me that I will never again leave the house on a DD without a bouillon cube or two in my purse. A whole cube is just 30 cal...and I had a large cup of broth with just a half of a cube...15 cal. I highly recommend this so you don't have to make a bad choice on a DD just because you find yourself without any other acceptable options.

You can do it. And then you'll be rewarded with success!!! Let us know how tomorrow goes!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: island girl2
Stats: 225/196.2/150
WOE: starting juddd
Start Date: March 2010/restart sept. 2012/hcg apr 13
Well, I was doing so well but blew it all tonite - went to the Legion for burger nite so did ok there but made hot chocolate lava cake for the dessert there, brought the leftover home and pigged out. I guess it will be DD tomorrow.
island girl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by island girl2 View Post
Well, I was doing so well but blew it all tonite - went to the Legion for burger nite so did ok there but made hot chocolate lava cake for the dessert there, brought the leftover home and pigged out. I guess it will be DD tomorrow.
JUDDD is a very forgiving plan in that you just start in again. It's not like you are going to have to spend days trying to get into ketosis before you can start losing it again.

And who knows... sometimes these little discrepancies don't even register as a blip on the screen. Good luck. Just go on from here.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahGraceG View Post
Well, today was supposed to be a DD. It ended up being an UD. Long story short, hubby and I tried out a new restaurant. While I didn't go crazy or anything, I certainly was not within my DD cals!

So I guess tomorrow should be a DD, and then I should throw a MD in sometime before Thanksgiving (probably that week) to put myself back on track, right? Doing a DD tomorrow will not be fun, as I'm traveling and will be grumpy, but maybe it won't be so bad. I guess we'll see...

Boo hiss! But I did enjoy myself at lunch -- I had a delicious lobster BLT and a cosmopolitan! I'm just so paranoid that I will gain weight on this plan. I don't know why -- maybe because I haven't seen a big loss this first week. I'm afraid I have a backwards metabolism or something. Guess I have to have SOMEthing to keep me up at night...
How badly do you think you went over? Maybe it could still be a DD... just a too big one, and today could still be your UD, and your schedule could still remain. Sometimes these times that get away from us don't do much damage for just the one time, especially nothing that can't be undone in a day or two. Good Luck.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
Well I too have goten a little off track the past 2 days and low and behold I have
come down with a cold. And as the old wives tale says "feed a fever starve a cold"
today will be a realy good DD infact it may just be a total fast day.

Back to the "feed a fever starve a cold" a fever stimulates your immune system and
during a fast your human growth hormone goes a lot higher and this also stimulates
your immune system. And right now my immune system needs a little help so it's an
added incentive to get back on track. But no need to wish me a speedy recovery ect.
it's just a little head cold. Nothing to compair to that Swine Flu I came down with last
Thanksgiving day. Now that was a verry unpleasent way to lose ~ 20lbs ......
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
Eh, I had a terrible UD yesterday. We went to brunch..... all you can eat! Although I have NO idea how many calories I consumed, I can say I got my money's worth and then some!! So I'm back on it today with a DD and I'm gonna make it a great week, counting EVERY calorie!! To my fellow stumblers I say, LET'S GET BACK ON AND DO THIS THING!!!!!
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeahGraceG
Stats: 150 (postpartum)/119.6/110 (someday after baby)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Nov 2011
Thanks for the support, all! I ended up having 3 UDs in a row (big oops) and finally did a DD yesterday. Am having an UD today and hoping that JUDDD will work for me. I feel as though I've cut a LOT of calories in the past ten days, but have seen no weight loss. I don't want this way of eating to lower my metabolism, so not sure what's going on here. I guess I'll persevere and see how things go.
LeahGraceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Well I too have goten a little off track the past 2 days and low and behold I have
come down with a cold. And as the old wives tale says "feed a fever starve a cold"
today will be a realy good DD infact it may just be a total fast day.

Back to the "feed a fever starve a cold" a fever stimulates your immune system and
during a fast your human growth hormone goes a lot higher and this also stimulates
your immune system. And right now my immune system needs a little help so it's an
added incentive to get back on track. But no need to wish me a speedy recovery ect.
it's just a little head cold. Nothing to compair to that Swine Flu I came down with last
Thanksgiving day. Now that was a verry unpleasent way to lose ~ 20lbs ......
I've always heard that just the opposite.. Feed a Cold and Starve a Fever. But either way, I just follow JUDDD. Except either way I drink a lot of fluids.

And I will wish you a speedy recovery anyway! Hope the cold ends quickly.