Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Later in the DD, ever wish you hadn't had -- earlier? lol.

Sometimes when I'm having a hard DD, I look back over what I ate on ****** and wish I hadn't had something I did, or had made a better calorie choice so I would have more calories later in the day when it's getting rough and I'm out of calories or almost out.

I'm doing fine this evening on my DD, but it was a little rough earlier. Anyway, I looked back over the salad I had in the early afternoon and wished I'd left out the bacon bits and parmesan cheese, which would've saved over 50 calories. They weren't particularly high protein or that essential to the taste of the salad and feel I should have left them out. It would have been best for me to just include the tuna, egg and turkey for maximum protein, along with a little dressing and a lot of the lettuce.

Another example is having sugar-free pudding or low carb yogurt on my DD. I learned about a week ago that it's best to leave those off my DD because they added calories without filling me up in the least.

What about you? Have you ever wished you'd made a different calorie choice on DD? Or found certain foods that just don't work for you in filling you up and aren't worth the calories?
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Yes! I do that on Up Days, too. That's one good thing about tracking food and calories, you really learn what foods really aren't worth it. The other day I had a Starbucks cookie and later learned it had 370 calories! Holy cow! So not worth it.

I've also been paying attention to eating what I really want to eat and what I'm in the mood for. Am I having a sweet tooth that I can take care of with few calories (such as with as a sugar free popsicle or a big glass of crystal light) or do I want something salty? A chicken bouillon cube in hot water will do the trick. I know some do better planning their food a day ahead but I like following my cravings better.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Yes! I do that on Up Days, too. That's one good thing about tracking food and calories, you really learn what foods really aren't worth it. The other day I had a Starbucks cookie and later learned it had 370 calories! Holy cow! So not worth it.

I've also been paying attention to eating what I really want to eat and what I'm in the mood for. Am I having a sweet tooth that I can take care of with few calories (such as with as a sugar free popsicle or a big glass of crystal light) or do I want something salty? A chicken bouillon cube in hot water will do the trick. I know some do better planning their food a day ahead but I like following my cravings better.
Oh yeah, I've done that on UD too!

Like you, I've also begun making a little better food choices on UD, at least calorie-wise, when there is something else I REALLY want and should save the calories for.

And I haven't been planning my food either on UD, just building it around a craving or a special occasion or what I know I'm making for dinner.

Example, when I went to bed on my last DD, I KNEW I wanted a bacon, egg & cheese muffin the next morning. And I made one, and boy was that wonderful! And I knew I wanted to save some room for a serving of lasagna and a slice of garlic bread, along with a couple glasses of wine in the evening. So I "ate around" those most-wanted food items on my UD so I could be sure to have them.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-11-2011 at 08:06 PM..
Old 11-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
We'll become experts at semi-planning, I'm sure.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I'm more the type who seems to do best on DDs when I plan ahead the night before. I usually end up planning through the afternoon and might leave dinner as a TBD until it's dinnertime...but not always. Sometimes I plan that too. This keeps me from regretting things later on in the evening. Usually.

But I KWYM about wishing you could take back an earlier food choice. At one point, I decided that, since my only brekkie on DDs was coffee, I would try to make it a little creamier by adding some h&h to it along with my SF creamer. It was tasty, but then I realized it was such a waste of precious calories when I could have had a little extra turkey or whatever in it's place later in the day. So I don't do that anymore.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
I'm more the type who seems to do best on DDs when I plan ahead the night before. I usually end up planning through the afternoon and might leave dinner as a TBD until it's dinnertime...but not always. Sometimes I plan that too. This keeps me from regretting things later on in the evening. Usually.

But I KWYM about wishing you could take back an earlier food choice. At one point, I decided that, since my only brekkie on DDs was coffee, I would try to make it a little creamier by adding some h&h to it along with my SF creamer. It was tasty, but then I realized it was such a waste of precious calories when I could have had a little extra turkey or whatever in it's place later in the day. So I don't do that anymore.
Good point about this being a reason to plan for DD! I was doing that at first, but this week I just assumed I'd use my "go-to" DD foods... but then I decided they didn't have enough protein, and I wanted to start including more. I needed a revamp of my "go-to" foods, and I didn't get around to thinking about it enough.

I will definitely be planning for the next DD
Old 11-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm another one who pretty much plans out my day, and thus my calories, beforehand! I learned I run into far fewer problems that way. Oh, it doesn't mean that I can't substitute a mug of hot cocoa for a little dish of ice cream some evening if I feel like it, but I usually have a pretty good idea ahead of time what my menu is, and the quantities.

What is the old saying... Fail to Plan, and you Plan to Fail. Well, I don't know if I quite buy into it that absolutely, but I know planning a menu for any upcoming day makes it all complete far more successfully.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yeah... Good point, Pat. I will often substitute one thing for something else, or completely change my idea about what my dinner will be. When I already have it planned and in my calculator, it's easy to see how many calories my substitution should be worth. Like, if I had a 195 calorie dinner already typed into my calorie tracker, but them decided I wanted to have XX instead, I knew that I had about 195 calories to play with.

Did I just make any sense? Lol...yes. Planning is key for me.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Even WITH planning my DD, I still sometimes have regrets later. It comes from not realizing how something would eat into my calories and not contribute to feelings of satisfaction. It might have looked GREAT "on paper" but end up being sort of a waste.

An example would be a bag of ready-to-eat raw cauliflower & broccoli for 100 calories. On ****** it looked like a LOT of food & bulk & nutrition for 100 calories, but I ate through a whole bag of it without feeling satisfied because there wasn't enough protein with it. Once I realized that, I could make adjustments for the next DD. Because I didn't have to eat and eat out of that bag and spend a full 100 or even 50 calories and not feel satisfied, but I could add some cottage cheese or something to some of those raw veggies and spend 100 calories feeling much more satisfied.

Experiences like these have helped me learn how to get the most from my calories on DD, and I am still learning.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Even WITH planning my DD, I still sometimes have regrets later. It comes from not realizing how something would eat into my calories and not contribute to feelings of satisfaction. It might have looked GREAT "on paper" but end up being sort of a waste.

An example would be a bag of ready-to-eat raw cauliflower & broccoli for 100 calories. On ****** it looked like a LOT of food & bulk & nutrition for 100 calories, but I ate through a whole bag of it without feeling satisfied because there wasn't enough protein with it. Once I realized that, I could make adjustments for the next DD. Because I didn't have to eat and eat out of that bag and spend a full 100 or even 50 calories and not feel satisfied, but I could add some cottage cheese or something to some of those raw veggies and spend 100 calories feeling much more satisfied.

Experiences like these have helped me learn how to get the most from my calories on DD, and I am still learning.
That does bring up another good point, Sophie. Thanks for bringing that up.

We do really need to find out what foods are the ones that we, personally, find to be the most satisfying and filling and lasting. For some, the most DD satisfaction might come from protein, while others are kept feeling full and nourished with plenty of veggies. One may need to nibble throughout the day whereas another saves it all for one big evening meal and is completely fulfilled.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

<--------Nibbler here That much I know Although yesterday's DD showed me that I can actually wait quite some time before starting to eat for the day. So I may one day be changing my Nibbler status.

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 11-12-2011 at 03:13 AM..
Old 11-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I try to plan about 400 calories. That way if I'm hungry I can have a light cheese stick, hard boiled egg, or whatever. If I'm not, then my calories are below my target and just peachy with me! Oh, or a peach
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I'm the "wing it as I go DD" kind of girl. I have tried to plan but I always seemed to not want the stuff I planned and wanted something else! Now I just do what DarlingNikki suggested and that is a allot so many calories for each meal and snacks. This works really well for me knowing that at breakfast, for example, I can have whatever is tickling my fancy that day and is in the range of 200 calories, and so on for the number of calories for lunch, dinner and snacks.

The only time I had a regrat eating something unplanned was on a DD and I was at a flea market and decided to eat a banana! Boy, those babies are pretty high in calories! Who knew!! It wiped out my whole snack calorie allotment for the day!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I tend to be more regretful on my Up Days. Did I really need 2 ounces of almonds today, or could I have spent my calories on a different snack?

On DDs I also concentrate on lean proteins...they really fill me up. Up days are perhaps too much freedom for me. Although it is a freedom I love! I generally eat my veggies on up days too, since I do like a dressing or something calorie laden with them.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I'm the "wing it as I go DD" kind of girl. I have tried to plan but I always seemed to not want the stuff I planned and wanted something else! Now I just do what DarlingNikki suggested and that is a allot so many calories for each meal and snacks. This works really well for me knowing that at breakfast, for example, I can have whatever is tickling my fancy that day and is in the range of 200 calories, and so on for the number of calories for lunch, dinner and snacks.

The only time I had a regrat eating something unplanned was on a DD and I was at a flea market and decided to eat a banana! Boy, those babies are pretty high in calories! Who knew!! It wiped out my whole snack calorie allotment for the day!
yep, even though i planned today to have stir fried green beans and a lettuce/tomato salad i changed that to stir fried green beans and mushroom soup (mushrooms in broth). its raining today and i am feeling chilly and hot soup sounded better then salad. calories were about the same for the swap though.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
Yeah, come to think of it. Not sure how many menus I've actually followed once I posted them on this forum.

But I watch those numbers!!!!
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote