Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Constipation!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745091-constipation.html)

leonak 11-11-2011 05:29 AM

Constipation!!!

What do you all suggest I do about it! Also are store brands just as good as the big name stuff?:stars::dunno::stars:

Thanks All!

Idreamofweightloss 11-11-2011 05:49 AM

The other day mine got really bad and those laxative pills take so long to work. I found a laxative supporistory and man oh man did it work and quickly like within 30mins.

SoHappy 11-11-2011 06:37 AM

I never have this problem so can't offer any suggestions, only sympathy.

I do know that when I make salads with lots of that Spring Mix baby greens... I especially don't suffer from any constipation problems! :eek: So maybe you could start including a lot of those little leaves of variety greens in your diet and see if they give you the same.. ahem.. results!

pjsam1156 11-11-2011 06:54 AM

Sometimes magnesium supplements help. I take one every night. The only other thing I can suggest is lots of salad and veggies on DDs--you get more "bang for your buck" that way, as well.

Beeb 11-11-2011 08:52 AM

I swear by a good Probiotic! It's a great way to help things along, and it's also great for our health. Laxatives can be harsh, but a Probiotic works with your own bacteria in your gut to balance things out and make them "normal". I take one a day and now have NO problems. I may "go" a little less on some days, but I always "go"! :o:)

piratejenny 11-11-2011 09:40 AM

The most gentle way to "go", I have found, is to take some soluble fiber like Benefiber--
WalMart has a generic version that is much more affordable.

IMO, the best supplement is Triphala.
Many laxatives (other than bulking agents, like psyllium) cause the muscles of the colon to contract/cramp (senna) or relax (magnesium)--
triphala works by strengthening the muscles and stimulating better digestion.

Another effective laxative is Swiss Kriss.
I always have a bottle of this in the house!

Flax oil also moves things along for me...
so much so, that I can't take it when my digestion is working well!!! :o

I agree that probiotics are a very important supplement.
But if you need something more immediate, I think probiotics can take a week or two.

niadan1962 11-11-2011 09:43 AM

I always try to go natural apple cider vinegar--
a tastier alternative is beet soup with the greens....that WILL make you go~!

kel7298 11-11-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15167608)
Another effective laxative is Swiss Kriss.
I always have a bottle of this in the house!

I take two Swiss Kriss (long with calcium, B complex, multi-vit, vit c, glucosamine and chondroitin, & a fish oil capsule) every morning along with two fiber gummies. I also try to have yogurt after my workout Mon-Fri.

I have to work really hard at this cause I tend to have problems in this department.

sazzie 11-12-2011 04:12 AM

Since I've been on JUDDD I have not had this problem because of all the veggies I eat.

However, when I was on HHCG, I did have the problem and so I used 'Calm' which is magnesium citrate and it is in powder form. Very effective.