Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Friday - what are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745085-its-friday-what-you-eating.html)

Dottie 11-11-2011 03:04 AM

It's Friday - what are you eating?

DD for me
B: coffee w/almond milk
D: chili!
S: veggie soup

wastednuffime 11-11-2011 03:57 AM

well,

I wanted this to be a DD for me, but I still sorta have that annoying headache..

Yesterday it was REALLY bad and at the suggestion of another poster here, I ate some carbs ( Not that I am intentionally trying to limit them on my UD, which yesterday was..)

I just did not feel like eating much. Anyway, I ate some breaded talapia (I baked it instead of fried,...too lazy to go through the hassle..) Anyway after eating some, I actually felt better. Don't know if that was just an coincidence, but my headache seemed to ease off almost totally..

This morning the headache is back :annoyed:

So perhaps today will be a MD...

Food wise = :dunno:, gonna figure it out and be back to post..

paulabob 11-11-2011 04:45 AM

Let's see, I'll have some warm egg drop soup for lunch, salmon for supper, and some homemade yogurt for a snack I think.

2muchme 11-11-2011 05:18 AM

DD:

B: coffee, coffee, and more coffee (black diluted)
egg white omlet w/ spinach, onions and a sprinkle of parm cheese
L: salad, hard boiled egg
D: I think probably Beebs' recipe for chicken casserole
S: jello. Still don't have gluc powder so I'll just do straight up jello

I think that's more protein than I usually eat on DD. It seems I eat veggies mostly. Although, I guess there are still alot of veggies so nevermind... :dunno:

sophiethecat 11-11-2011 05:41 AM

Another DDer here. :)

I'll be doing some shopping later, so not sure how this will work out with all the extra energy I'll expend walking everywhere in all the stores, but I'll give it a go. (not to mention seeing all the restaurants!) I don't like messing around with MDs, and like to keep my straight UD/DD rotation, so that's what I'll try to do today as well - keep this a DD. :)

Not sure yet what I'll eat.... ?

Black coffee for now. :)

Mommie22boys 11-11-2011 06:06 AM

I'm on a DD too.

B: coffee w/ sf creamer (34)
L: 2c broth...hopefully that will do it (30)
D: lettuce-wrapped vegan burger w/ laughing cow blue cheese and lite MW (119)

What else??? :dunno: Shooting for a really low DD so I can get a bigger UD/DD spread between yest/today and today/tomm. Soooo experimenting, I guess, to see how low I can go.

paulabob 11-11-2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15166912)
Another DDer here. :)

I'll be doing some shopping later, so not sure how this will work out with all the extra energy I'll expend walking everywhere in all the stores, but I'll give it a go. (not to mention seeing all the restaurants!) I don't like messing around with MDs, and like to keep my straight UD/DD rotation, so that's what I'll try to do today as well - keep this a DD. :)

I add about 200 calories for an all walking down day, generally to the early part of the day for energy. Supposedly I burn 700 extra, but the 200 extra seems to keep my hunger just as in check as a non active day.

sophiethecat 11-11-2011 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15167014)
I add about 200 calories for an all walking down day, generally to the early part of the day for energy. Supposedly I burn 700 extra, but the 200 extra seems to keep my hunger just as in check as a non active day.

I hadn't thought to adjust the calculator for a day like that, but that's a good idea! Thanks, Paula :)

I'm planning out what to have on ****** - trying to get plenty of protein at each meal, which seems to help with hunger on my DD.

Nik Nik 11-11-2011 07:05 AM

DD for me:

Keeping it simple:

B- Shake
L- Shake and SF Jello
D- Soup
Snack - SF Jello

Trying to be at 480 for the day...last DD got up to 670, not bad, but trying to get below 500 for a change...

julietcc 11-11-2011 07:31 AM

I'm throwing in a mid day today since I'm going to a potluck and booze party tomorrow night! I'll stay around 1200 today.

B: coffee with half and half, 2 pieces of toast with butter.
L: a big salad with chicken and ranch.
D: Whatever gets me to 1200. I have an oatmeal cookie waiting for me for sure!

pjsam1156 11-11-2011 07:46 AM

DD for me as well.
Coffee latte, (one down; one later in the day)
snack: carrots
lunch: MALTO MEAL!! (I know--I'm five yrs. old--:D)
dinner: whatever I have in the house that adds up to the remaining calories I have left (soup, SF jello, LF crackers and Laughing Cow cheese, etc.):up:

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE! Happy Veterans Day! Thanks, Daddy!:love:

kel7298 11-11-2011 07:50 AM

DD for me as well. Not really sure what I am eating today as I am off, but definitely want to keep it on the low side as we have a dinner engagement tomorrow

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

kris4chloe 11-11-2011 07:53 AM

UD for me and not really hungry.

Going to be walking in our cities Veteran's Day Parade with my daughters Girl Scout troop and I am sure there will be yummy food there so I may just get a coffee and then save my calories for whatever may be there that is yummy (but gonna try to still make better choices)

L; probably a nice big cobb salad, actually have missed those, they were my LC go to.

D: probably some sort of chicken, still haven't figured out what I am doing for the whole family.

avecrain 11-11-2011 08:16 AM

DD: Probably green tea w/h&h, a protein shake, and canned chicken w/veggies or cottage cheese w/veggies. Cup of chicken broth somewhere in there if I need it.

Skinjob 11-11-2011 09:41 AM

DD for me. Day 5 of JUDDD. Up 4 lbs. Assuming that's the weird weight bouncing that everyone sees in the first week. Anyway, eating:

B: Coffee with NF milk, shake
L: Endive salad with NF dressing, broth
D: Shake
Snacks: Cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices

Low Carb Librarian 11-11-2011 09:42 AM

DD for me and I have to go to IKEA and a party today...
:(
Going to get cinnamon buns and save mine for tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Haven't had anything yet today. Going to try to save my cals for tonight

vilanteira 11-11-2011 10:42 AM

UD here.

B: 2 eggs over easy, 3 strips of bacon
L: new england clam chowder, 1 hard boiled egg
D: we're going out for dinner, so not sure yet

I swear, everything tastes so much better since I've gone JUDDD! :yummy:

2muchme 11-11-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilanteira (Post 15167780)
UD here.

B: 2 eggs over easy, 3 strips of bacon
L: new england clam chowder, 1 hard boiled egg
D: we're going out for dinner, so not sure yet

I swear, everything tastes so much better since I've gone JUDDD! :yummy:

I know! Especially veggies! Or maybe all of it!! Think it's because the guilt isn't getting in the way of enjoying the food. :D

shari 11-11-2011 11:15 AM

DD:
B: 1c clam chowder, light soup (100)
L: 1c clam chowder, laughing cow cheese, wheat thins (315)
D: zucchini and squash blend with onions (47) & diet swiss miss cocoa (25)

total 487

It's harder doing DDs at home. Need to go back out..LOL..:)

sophiethecat 11-11-2011 11:32 AM

I made a single serving cobb salad and packed that to take along. It was lettuce, a hb egg, chopped slice of turkey breast, salad dressing, some bacon bits, some parmesan, half can of tuna. Had some celery since I got home from shopping. Up to 375 calories.

sophiethecat 11-11-2011 01:44 PM

Guys, I've read some posts on the forum about people being sick... What were your symptoms?

I'm not feeling all that great this afternoon/evening... tiredness, slight headache, no appetite/a bit nauseous at trying to eat, some malaise.. Hoping it's not going to set in as a full illness. Sometimes I'll feel sick but then hours later it's gone or at least by the next day. But I know there are things going around.

Sissiesue 11-11-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15167863)
DD:
It's harder doing DDs at home. Need to go back out..LOL..:)

I TOTALLY agree with you on that point!

MD for me today, around 1,100 calories:

B: Jennifer Eloff's Peanut Butter Coconut fudge
L: Coffee
D: Don't know yet. I'll probably pick up some rotisserie chicken at the grocery.

Dottie 11-11-2011 02:45 PM

Ugh I went over a little, had around 690 cals. Not an awful down day but not as good as I like to keep it.

Speck333 11-11-2011 03:12 PM

Down Day for me...
skipped breakfast so I could indulge a little at lunch, so coffee and half & half only. Then I went to Trader Joe's and bought some nummies for tomorrow. But I had a few nibbles today :D of hummus, cranberry chevre, dark chocolate, and a tin of smoked sardines.
Dinner will be 4oz lean steak, 3 cups romaine with light dressing.
= 607 calories 16 net carbs.

island girl2 11-11-2011 03:23 PM

UD for me
b - coffee with HWC- 180 cal - had several coffee and 4 tb. HWC
l - low carb bread with 1 egg and slice cheese- approx 300 cal
s - choc. protein bar with peanut butter - lc - approx 250 cal
supper -taco salad with meat, taco seasoning, lettuce and 1 tb. salad dressing - guess at 700 cal
haven't gotten into charting calories yet but must start

kel7298 11-11-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15168388)
Ugh I went over a little, had around 690 cals. Not an awful down day but not as good as I like to keep it.

I understand that. I am trying really hard to keep it under control. I am sure you will do fine.

Dottie 11-11-2011 03:52 PM

well I may be miscalculating on the high side because I had the nibbles lol.

kel7298 11-11-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15168536)
well I may be miscalculating on the high side because I had the nibbles lol.

higher is better than lower :shake:

I am at 353 calories today. We are to have "drinks" with our friends. I suppose I could have a shot of Malibu and diet coke?

songbird82 11-11-2011 04:15 PM

Up day for me!

After not being able to sleep last night, I slept way in, so I have only had breakfast so far!

Breakfast was coffee with half & half, multi-grain Cheerios with almond milk with part of a banana! I have not had a banana in forever, so it was really good! I also saved a piece of triple chocolate loaf cake that I couldn't eat on my down day yesterday! Had it with my coffee, and it was soo good!! :yummy:

So far only 387 calories..even with the cake! I have lots of calories yet to eat today, but we may go out for dinner, so I'm sure I'll get them in!

kris4chloe 11-11-2011 05:30 PM

Ended up going to Claim Jumper for lunch and had the BBQ chicken salad. Felt so naughty eating salad with crunchy things on it and a piece of garlic toast. hehe

Ended up not even finishing it because I was SOOO full.

I still have 1000 calories left after eating out at lunch and having my skinny starbucks this morning.

Gonna enjoy a few pieces of pizza for dinner since I got plenty of veggies in at lunch. I still have calories to spare after that, we will see what I feel like having later. :)