Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
I'd love to hear from the JUDDD'ers who are low carbers!

I am a long time low carber (with a recent round of hcg thrown in) and I am thinking of trying out JUDDD. If I do, I would want to stay low carb with whole foods.

1) How successful have you been on JUDDD?

2) What are your menus like on down days?
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I've been doing JUDDD for 3 years this December. I lost my final 110 lbs doing JUDDD and am now maintaining. I always eat low carb for health reasons. I'm extremely sensitive to carbs and rarely go higher than 20g.

On DDs, my focus is always on getting sufficient protein, and my staples were fish (tuna or filet like flounder) and egg white 'omelets' (made in the microwave in a soup mug). I find protein very satisfying.

I drink black coffee all morning and green tea all afternoon. Sometimes I'll have homemade chicken broth.

My DD foods have been consistent throughout my time on JUDDD.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #3

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I know the low carb JUDDDers will pop in as they see this and respond to you, but just wanted to welcome you here, despite me doing JUDDD at a far more moderate carb level than *low*...

I think Dottie still keeps to pretty low carb, as do several others.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
My menu is on up days is similar to atkins. However I do throw in the occasional non triggering carby food once a week or so. Regrettably, breads and pastas are not part of my menu - they just don't fill me up perhaps because I'm hypoglycemic. I average 20-40 net carbs on my up days, and 10-20 on my down.

My down days are probably not much different than the carbier folks - when the calories are so few, you have to concentrate on filling foods like lean protein & veggies.

Please don't look at my weight lost for evidence of low carb JUDDD and success. I am a slow loser, and the last hcg round I did for 3 weeks at around 600 calories only netted me 7 pounds. I am liking JUDDD because I feel a) it's keeping my metabolism from crashing and b) I am feeling relaxed/happy and non stressed. My sleep problems have improved, despite no change in my stressful circumstances. I haven't lost much weight yet, but HAVE lost more inches than I expected, from the belly!
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I've been doing JUDDD for 3 years this December. I lost my final 110 lbs doing JUDDD and am now maintaining.
Jaw dropping WOW!

So glad you shared that!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I do
My DD's are usually 30g or less. Atkins allowed veggies are also low calorie and filling, added with some protein make DD's very easy for me.
I'm experimenting with UD's and I get the feeling 80-100g carbs is probably going to be my limit for weight loss, which is fine, with limited grains.
I've added some grains back in the form of low-carb pita breads and low-calorie wheat bread, but not as a daily staple.
Even on up days I'm opting for low-carb bread products, even if they have wheat in them.
Corn, as tortillas, don't seem to bother me, which is nice.
I'm still learning my limits

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
I am a long time low carber (with a recent round of hcg thrown in) and I am thinking of trying out JUDDD. If I do, I would want to stay low carb with whole foods.

1) How successful have you been on JUDDD?

2) What are your menus like on down days?

I have only been at this for three weeks and seem to be losing about 2 lbs a week.
I have a "formula" for down days which puts me under 600 calories and about 20 net carbs:
B: coffee and half & half; almond milk and protein powder shake OR two scrambled eggs
L: home-made veggie soup and a low carb yogurt
S: coffee and half & half
D: 4 oz lean protein (grilled chicken, shrimp, pork loin or steak) and 3 cups romaine lettuce and light dressing
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #8

Thanks for the responses, greatly appreciated!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I am new to JUDDD. I also do low carb and my weight loss had slowed to a crawl so I decided to do JUDDD along with low carb to get the scale moving downwards again. My DD's are usually either egg fasts or eggs, chicken and tuna w/ a dallop of mayo, depending on whether or not I work that day. I usually just stay at 20 net carbs or less although I haven't even come close to 20 net carbs.
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sissiesue
Stats: 173/129/129
Start Date: September 27, 2010
Low-carb JUDDD-er here!

My DDs are different from my usual eating on LC in that the percentages of carbs to fat and protein are higher. I eat more veggies and less fat on my DD, so my carbs might make up 50% of my diet, while still being under 30 net carbs. In other words, the percent of carbs is high, but the overall carb count is still low. It doesn't have to be this way, of course, and I am experimenting with just eating a "mini" version of what I eat on UDs.

This past week on DDs, for instance, I fasted in the morning and then would eat a dinner of Shirtataki noodles with meat/veggies and broth. I would also have an egg cream or almonds. This week, I might try eating more eggs.

My UDs are no different than "normal" LC eating (normal for me) -- cheese, animal protein (eggs, sardines, tuna, chicken), low-carb goodies made at home.

Last edited by Sissiesue; 11-12-2011 at 03:29 PM..
Sissiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I've been doing JUDDD for 3 years this December. I lost my final 110 lbs doing JUDDD and am now maintaining. I always eat low carb for health reasons. I'm extremely sensitive to carbs and rarely go higher than 20g.

On DDs, my focus is always on getting sufficient protein, and my staples were fish (tuna or filet like flounder) and egg white 'omelets' (made in the microwave in a soup mug). I find protein very satisfying.

I drink black coffee all morning and green tea all afternoon. Sometimes I'll have homemade chicken broth.

My DD foods have been consistent throughout my time on JUDDD.
Leo, congrats on your INCREDIBLE success! My gosh, you are amazing and inspirational to say the least!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
My menu is on up days is similar to atkins. However I do throw in the occasional non triggering carby food once a week or so. Regrettably, breads and pastas are not part of my menu - they just don't fill me up perhaps because I'm hypoglycemic. I average 20-40 net carbs on my up days, and 10-20 on my down.

My down days are probably not much different than the carbier folks - when the calories are so few, you have to concentrate on filling foods like lean protein & veggies.

Please don't look at my weight lost for evidence of low carb JUDDD and success. I am a slow loser, and the last hcg round I did for 3 weeks at around 600 calories only netted me 7 pounds. I am liking JUDDD because I feel a) it's keeping my metabolism from crashing and b) I am feeling relaxed/happy and non stressed. My sleep problems have improved, despite no change in my stressful circumstances. I haven't lost much weight yet, but HAVE lost more inches than I expected, from the belly!
Paula, I can relate. I am a super slow loser too. I did a hcg 66 day P2 and only lost 21.5 pounds. I am thankful though, because I had been stalled for years on regular low carb.

Thanks for posting your experience!

Last edited by Dreamchaser; 11-13-2011 at 02:09 PM..
Old 11-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I do
My DD's are usually 30g or less. Atkins allowed veggies are also low calorie and filling, added with some protein make DD's very easy for me.
I'm experimenting with UD's and I get the feeling 80-100g carbs is probably going to be my limit for weight loss, which is fine, with limited grains.
I've added some grains back in the form of low-carb pita breads and low-calorie wheat bread, but not as a daily staple.
Even on up days I'm opting for low-carb bread products, even if they have wheat in them.
Corn, as tortillas, don't seem to bother me, which is nice.
I'm still learning my limits
Wow, Dottie, what an awesome carb limit for weight loss on your up days! Gotta love that!
Old 11-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post

I have only been at this for three weeks and seem to be losing about 2 lbs a week.
I have a "formula" for down days which puts me under 600 calories and about 20 net carbs:
B: coffee and half & half; almond milk and protein powder shake OR two scrambled eggs
L: home-made veggie soup and a low carb yogurt
S: coffee and half & half
D: 4 oz lean protein (grilled chicken, shrimp, pork loin or steak) and 3 cups romaine lettuce and light dressing
Two pounds a week loss is wonderful, Speck. Thanks for posting your sample down day menu.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
Paula, I can relate. I am a super slow loser too. I did a hcg 66 day P2 and only lost 21.5 pounds. I am thankful though, because I had been stalled for years on regular low carb.

Thanks for posting your experience!
66 days???!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
I am new to JUDDD. I also do low carb and my weight loss had slowed to a crawl so I decided to do JUDDD along with low carb to get the scale moving downwards again. My DD's are usually either egg fasts or eggs, chicken and tuna w/ a dallop of mayo, depending on whether or not I work that day. I usually just stay at 20 net carbs or less although I haven't even come close to 20 net carbs.
When did you start JUDDD? About how many carbs do you have on your up days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissiesue View Post
Low-carb JUDDD-er here!

My DDs are different from my usual eating on LC in that the percentages of carbs to fat and protein are higher. I eat more veggies and less fat on my DD, so my carbs might make up 50% of my diet, while still being under 30 net carbs. In other words, the percent of carbs is high, but the overall carb count is still low. It doesn't have to be this way, of course, and I am experimenting with just eating a "mini" version of what I eat on UDs.

This past week on DDs, for instance, I fasted in the morning and then would eat a dinner of Shirtataki noodles with meat/veggies and broth. I would also have an egg cream or almonds. This week, I might try eating more eggs.

My UDs are no different than "normal" LC eating (normal for me) -- cheese, animal protein (eggs, sardines, tuna, chicken), low-carb goodies made at home.

Low carb goodies made at home = yum!!! I would love to be able to eat more of those!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
66 days???!
When I think about it now, it's kind of hard for me to believe I lasted that long!