Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'd love to hear from the JUDDD'ers who are low carbers! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/745032-id-love-hear-juddders-who-low-carbers.html)

Dreamchaser 11-10-2011 03:24 PM

I'd love to hear from the JUDDD'ers who are low carbers!
 
I am a long time low carber (with a recent round of hcg thrown in) and I am thinking of trying out JUDDD. If I do, I would want to stay low carb with whole foods.

1) How successful have you been on JUDDD?

2) What are your menus like on down days?

Leo41 11-10-2011 03:31 PM

I've been doing JUDDD for 3 years this December. I lost my final 110 lbs doing JUDDD and am now maintaining. I always eat low carb for health reasons. I'm extremely sensitive to carbs and rarely go higher than 20g.

On DDs, my focus is always on getting sufficient protein, and my staples were fish (tuna or filet like flounder) and egg white 'omelets' (made in the microwave in a soup mug). I find protein very satisfying.

I drink black coffee all morning and green tea all afternoon. Sometimes I'll have homemade chicken broth.

My DD foods have been consistent throughout my time on JUDDD.

SoHappy 11-10-2011 03:32 PM

I know the low carb JUDDDers will pop in as they see this and respond to you, but just wanted to welcome you here, despite me doing JUDDD at a far more moderate carb level than *low*... :laugh:

I think Dottie still keeps to pretty low carb, as do several others.

paulabob 11-10-2011 04:28 PM

My menu is on up days is similar to atkins. However I do throw in the occasional non triggering carby food once a week or so. Regrettably, breads and pastas are not part of my menu - they just don't fill me up perhaps because I'm hypoglycemic. I average 20-40 net carbs on my up days, and 10-20 on my down.

My down days are probably not much different than the carbier folks - when the calories are so few, you have to concentrate on filling foods like lean protein & veggies.

Please don't look at my weight lost for evidence of low carb JUDDD and success. I am a slow loser, and the last hcg round I did for 3 weeks at around 600 calories only netted me 7 pounds. I am liking JUDDD because I feel a) it's keeping my metabolism from crashing and b) I am feeling relaxed/happy and non stressed. My sleep problems have improved, despite no change in my stressful circumstances. I haven't lost much weight yet, but HAVE lost more inches than I expected, from the belly!

paulabob 11-10-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo41 (Post 15165910)
I've been doing JUDDD for 3 years this December. I lost my final 110 lbs doing JUDDD and am now maintaining.

Jaw dropping WOW! :notwrthy:

So glad you shared that!

Dottie 11-10-2011 04:33 PM

I do :)
My DD's are usually 30g or less. Atkins allowed veggies are also low calorie and filling, added with some protein make DD's very easy for me.
I'm experimenting with UD's and I get the feeling 80-100g carbs is probably going to be my limit for weight loss, which is fine, with limited grains.
I've added some grains back in the form of low-carb pita breads and low-calorie wheat bread, but not as a daily staple.
Even on up days I'm opting for low-carb bread products, even if they have wheat in them.
Corn, as tortillas, don't seem to bother me, which is nice.
I'm still learning my limits:)

Speck333 11-10-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamchaser (Post 15165883)
I am a long time low carber (with a recent round of hcg thrown in) and I am thinking of trying out JUDDD. If I do, I would want to stay low carb with whole foods.

1) How successful have you been on JUDDD?

2) What are your menus like on down days?

:hiya:
I have only been at this for three weeks and seem to be losing about 2 lbs a week.
I have a "formula" for down days which puts me under 600 calories and about 20 net carbs:
B: coffee and half & half; almond milk and protein powder shake OR two scrambled eggs
L: home-made veggie soup and a low carb yogurt
S: coffee and half & half
D: 4 oz lean protein (grilled chicken, shrimp, pork loin or steak) and 3 cups romaine lettuce and light dressing

Dreamchaser 11-11-2011 01:55 PM

Thanks for the responses, greatly appreciated! :)

Demonica 11-12-2011 11:25 AM

I am new to JUDDD. I also do low carb and my weight loss had slowed to a crawl so I decided to do JUDDD along with low carb to get the scale moving downwards again.:) My DD's are usually either egg fasts or eggs, chicken and tuna w/ a dallop of mayo, depending on whether or not I work that day. I usually just stay at 20 net carbs or less although I haven't even come close to 20 net carbs.

Sissiesue 11-12-2011 03:27 PM

Low-carb JUDDD-er here! :)

My DDs are different from my usual eating on LC in that the percentages of carbs to fat and protein are higher. I eat more veggies and less fat on my DD, so my carbs might make up 50% of my diet, while still being under 30 net carbs. In other words, the percent of carbs is high, but the overall carb count is still low. It doesn't have to be this way, of course, and I am experimenting with just eating a "mini" version of what I eat on UDs.

This past week on DDs, for instance, I fasted in the morning and then would eat a dinner of Shirtataki noodles with meat/veggies and broth. I would also have an egg cream or almonds. This week, I might try eating more eggs.

My UDs are no different than "normal" LC eating (normal for me) -- cheese, animal protein (eggs, sardines, tuna, chicken), low-carb goodies made at home.

Dreamchaser 11-13-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo41 (Post 15165910)
I've been doing JUDDD for 3 years this December. I lost my final 110 lbs doing JUDDD and am now maintaining. I always eat low carb for health reasons. I'm extremely sensitive to carbs and rarely go higher than 20g.

On DDs, my focus is always on getting sufficient protein, and my staples were fish (tuna or filet like flounder) and egg white 'omelets' (made in the microwave in a soup mug). I find protein very satisfying.

I drink black coffee all morning and green tea all afternoon. Sometimes I'll have homemade chicken broth.

My DD foods have been consistent throughout my time on JUDDD.

Leo, congrats on your INCREDIBLE success! My gosh, you are amazing and inspirational to say the least!!! :notwrthy: :clap:

Dreamchaser 11-13-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15166049)
My menu is on up days is similar to atkins. However I do throw in the occasional non triggering carby food once a week or so. Regrettably, breads and pastas are not part of my menu - they just don't fill me up perhaps because I'm hypoglycemic. I average 20-40 net carbs on my up days, and 10-20 on my down.

My down days are probably not much different than the carbier folks - when the calories are so few, you have to concentrate on filling foods like lean protein & veggies.

Please don't look at my weight lost for evidence of low carb JUDDD and success. I am a slow loser, and the last hcg round I did for 3 weeks at around 600 calories only netted me 7 pounds. I am liking JUDDD because I feel a) it's keeping my metabolism from crashing and b) I am feeling relaxed/happy and non stressed. My sleep problems have improved, despite no change in my stressful circumstances. I haven't lost much weight yet, but HAVE lost more inches than I expected, from the belly!

Paula, I can relate. I am a super slow loser too. I did a hcg 66 day P2 and only lost 21.5 pounds. I am thankful though, because I had been stalled for years on regular low carb.

Thanks for posting your experience! :)

Dreamchaser 11-13-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15166062)
I do :)
My DD's are usually 30g or less. Atkins allowed veggies are also low calorie and filling, added with some protein make DD's very easy for me.
I'm experimenting with UD's and I get the feeling 80-100g carbs is probably going to be my limit for weight loss, which is fine, with limited grains.
I've added some grains back in the form of low-carb pita breads and low-calorie wheat bread, but not as a daily staple.
Even on up days I'm opting for low-carb bread products, even if they have wheat in them.
Corn, as tortillas, don't seem to bother me, which is nice.
I'm still learning my limits:)

Wow, Dottie, what an awesome carb limit for weight loss on your up days! Gotta love that! :jumpjoy:

Dreamchaser 11-13-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15166269)
:hiya:
I have only been at this for three weeks and seem to be losing about 2 lbs a week.
I have a "formula" for down days which puts me under 600 calories and about 20 net carbs:
B: coffee and half & half; almond milk and protein powder shake OR two scrambled eggs
L: home-made veggie soup and a low carb yogurt
S: coffee and half & half
D: 4 oz lean protein (grilled chicken, shrimp, pork loin or steak) and 3 cups romaine lettuce and light dressing

Two pounds a week loss is wonderful, Speck. Thanks for posting your sample down day menu.

paulabob 11-13-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamchaser (Post 15172130)
Paula, I can relate. I am a super slow loser too. I did a hcg 66 day P2 and only lost 21.5 pounds. I am thankful though, because I had been stalled for years on regular low carb.

Thanks for posting your experience! :)

66 days???!:notwrthy::notwrthy::notwrthy:

Dreamchaser 11-13-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonica (Post 15169960)
I am new to JUDDD. I also do low carb and my weight loss had slowed to a crawl so I decided to do JUDDD along with low carb to get the scale moving downwards again.:) My DD's are usually either egg fasts or eggs, chicken and tuna w/ a dallop of mayo, depending on whether or not I work that day. I usually just stay at 20 net carbs or less although I haven't even come close to 20 net carbs.

When did you start JUDDD? About how many carbs do you have on your up days?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissiesue (Post 15170397)
Low-carb JUDDD-er here! :)

My DDs are different from my usual eating on LC in that the percentages of carbs to fat and protein are higher. I eat more veggies and less fat on my DD, so my carbs might make up 50% of my diet, while still being under 30 net carbs. In other words, the percent of carbs is high, but the overall carb count is still low. It doesn't have to be this way, of course, and I am experimenting with just eating a "mini" version of what I eat on UDs.

This past week on DDs, for instance, I fasted in the morning and then would eat a dinner of Shirtataki noodles with meat/veggies and broth. I would also have an egg cream or almonds. This week, I might try eating more eggs.

My UDs are no different than "normal" LC eating (normal for me) -- cheese, animal protein (eggs, sardines, tuna, chicken), low-carb goodies made at home.


Low carb goodies made at home = yum!!! I would love to be able to eat more of those! :yummy:

Dreamchaser 11-13-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15172232)
66 days???!:notwrthy::notwrthy::notwrthy:

:laugh: When I think about it now, it's kind of hard for me to believe I lasted that long! :stars:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 PM.