Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffin_maiden
Stats: Doesn't matter/its a number/healthy
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 2011
Up Day Quandary!

I ate late in the day today...had to run out and grab fast food for lunch since I have so much to do and so little motivation/time!! So far today, I've only had around 1400 calories, which is 1100 calories less than what I should be having on an up day.

Here's the weird part for me..normally, I want to stuff my face until I pass out, but right now, I have no appetite! This is hugely strange. Its like my head keeps saying "come on, go out and get something to eat!" but my body is saying "meh...who cares?"

Is this normal for JUDDD?? I never got this on Low Carb...like ever! Any opportunity to stuff my face with whatever I could find was not an opportunity missed! Thinking now about what I could eat to fill up my calories without forcing myself. Not even cake sounds good right now!!

Any suggestions?? Wonton soup from the Chinese place maybe??
muffin_maiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
I am the same way on UD's too. I have started having to have lunch be my big meal of the day unless I have a special dinner or something to do later otherwise I was trying to fit in the calories at night. I think because our body knows it will get fed it is not freaking out.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm normally pretty strong in thinking it's best to eat close to our full UD calories if we can, both to fuel us into our next successful fasting period, and as a signal to our brain that we are in a time of plenty and there is no need to slow our metabolisms down.

But that being said, if you are truly at a very high calorie level for your UDs, I doubt it's going to cause a complete breakdown of the whole thing if you occasionally can't eat it all.

And who knows... if you're location is correct in your avatar stats - New Jersey, then it's only about 6:15 there now. Lots of time before bedtime. Half the time I get in most of my calories from late afternoon until bedtime!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin_maiden View Post
I ate late in the day today...had to run out and grab fast food for lunch since I have so much to do and so little motivation/time!! So far today, I've only had around 1400 calories, which is 1100 calories less than what I should be having on an up day.

Here's the weird part for me..normally, I want to stuff my face until I pass out, but right now, I have no appetite! This is hugely strange. Its like my head keeps saying "come on, go out and get something to eat!" but my body is saying "meh...who cares?"

Is this normal for JUDDD?? I never got this on Low Carb...like ever! Any opportunity to stuff my face with whatever I could find was not an opportunity missed! Thinking now about what I could eat to fill up my calories without forcing myself. Not even cake sounds good right now!!

Any suggestions?? Wonton soup from the Chinese place maybe??
Like Pat said, you have some time before bed and you just may be a little hungry later. And what I have in bold on your quote; ME NEITHER!! JUDDD is the ONLY WOE that did/does this for me!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffin_maiden
Stats: Doesn't matter/its a number/healthy
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 2011
Ended up getting a small fried rice and some wanton soup from down the street. Promising myself I'm only going to eat until I don't feel like eating anymore, then save the rest for another day.
I would looooove it if my body just decided it loved eating this way and naturally allowed me to cut my calories without being hungry! I've been waiting for that for a very long time!!
muffin_maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
I do the same, my lunch is usually my highest calorie meal for the day, and I can add things like coffee with coconut oil later to "fill in" my calories for the day
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote