Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nik Nik
Stats: 196 / 185/ 165
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: 10/20/2011
My Mind WON'T LET GO!!

It's not fair...it's so simple!!!

Fried Rice (Chicken/Pork) (Chinese Food)

Serving Size: 1 plate, Calories: 600, Fat: 28g, Carbs: 98g, Protein: 18g

WHY CAN'T I EAT THIS?!?!?!

UGH!!!!
Nik Nik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I couldn't either unless it was the only carbs I was having all day!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Have a 1/2 serving?
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

LOL!! 1/2 would be 49g....that's more than I've had in 1 day in over 3 weeks...LMAO...why can't I just let go!!

I've had ZERO carbs today so far....my calorie count is at 460 right now...I could totally afford a whole plate if I wanted to, 2 in fact and still me under my ceiling!!

I need help...LOL!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nik View Post
It's not fair...it's so simple!!!

Fried Rice (Chicken/Pork) (Chinese Food)

Serving Size: 1 plate, Calories: 600, Fat: 28g, Carbs: 98g, Protein: 18g

WHY CAN'T I EAT THIS?!?!?!

UGH!!!!
We are conditioned to believe what we are conditioned to believe. Sometimes we need to believe something, the truth of it, because it has a great impact on us for some reason. In the case of low carb, it is a way to lose weight, which many of us need/needed to do, and for some, it has a bearing on their blood sugar, their celiac disease, true gluten intolerance, etc., so it's something they need to pay fairly close attention to for reasons of health.

But for many of us, carbs are not the evil they are for others, don't cause the terrible reactions, and for many of us, they even contribute to our overall feeling of great well being.

You're not the only one to be apprehensive about adding any carbs to speak of back into your diet. And some folks opt not to! But if you want to try it, give it a go. Just be prepared to gain back some of the water weight you initially lost back when you went to low carb, and understand that the gain on the scale doesn't have one bit to do with FAT, with how fat you are or how skinny you are, etc. It's just the result of carb fuel, being stored alongside water, in your liver and muscle fibers, as was the plan and design of Mother Nature.

OK, you've gained some water weight back. From now on you'll not have much bother about that, other than you will fluctuate on the scale some because of water weight, but you will now just proceed to do your JUDDD cycling, and you will proceed to lose fat. Yay.

If the carbs of this meal seem too high for you to endure in one meal, or you think your body will suffer an unpleasant reaction to a sudden large dose of carbs after being deprived for quite some time, maybe just save half the meal for your next UD, and only eat half of it today.

And I have to add here, many Asian foods are way at the top of my favorite picks when it comes to ethnic foods and meals!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Can you try easing into the carbs over time? It might seem less naughty to your psyche and system if you go for it a little at a time until you work up to a comfortable level.

My first UD meal after coming off LC included a sandwich (with real, regular bread!) and a handful of potato chips and that was more carbs than I'd had in ages. I felt a little funky afterward. Like Pat says, we often expect an "induction flu" when starting LC, and there may be a similar effect when adding more carbs back in, especially if it's a lot more than our system is used to. It was also perhaps a little bit of a mental effect - I'd made myself more sensitive to carbs while on LC, and I was worried my body wouldn't know what to do with the carbs when provided. But let me tell ya, after that first day, it got easier and easier!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
I know the feeling Nik Nik - but the WONDERFUL pasta I had Tuesday didn't make me the least bit sick - LOL!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I really don't think I have a problem with eating them again, I've had 2 whole slices of wheat bread...LOL...since starting JUDDD....and I also got back my tomatoes....

I just can't get over this Cheating feeling, especially knowing that I'm not cheating....LOL...

And you're right, I want to lose weight, so giving up things for a time and losing the weight, it's hard (even when the loss is ongoing) to do anything that we think might jeapordize that loss....

Maybe I'll start with some fried chicken instead.......

Or...maybe Grilled....

LMAO...I'm hopeless!!

Sandelio - I had some soup yesterday with some real pasta noodles in it...but there were like 4 of them....LOL...working on it..

10/19/2011--began the rest of my life...again!
196/185/165- New goal!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #9

Quote:

Sandelio - I had some soup yesterday with some real pasta noodles in it...but there were like 4 of them....LOL...working on it..
There is absolutely no rush at all, and no reason to eat anything you don't want to eat, feel ready to eat. Just do food choices that you feel comfortable with and that you think you will enjoy.

As you get into JUDDD I expect you will quickly adapt to your fasting level of calories on your DDs, and also come to look forward to all the food choices your UDs can hold for you, so I expect gradually you will feel comfortable increasing the huge variety of foods you choose from on your Up Days.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
I "bet" very soon that those carb numbers won't mean 1/4 of what they are meaning to you now.

Heck, I don't even have my carbs counted anymore on my Fat Secret Tracking Journal! Just "took them out"!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Nik-Nik--If it's any help, I don't look at the carbs on labels anymore. I just look at the calories and record them in my phone. That's it. I had Malto Meal for lunch on a DD (only 130 cals) I LOVE THAT STUFF!
Haven't had it in 15 years. It was SOOOO good.
I'm just saying that if it helps you--try to just concentrate on the cals for UD and DD and stick to exactly what amounts you are supposed to have on those days. Don't even read the carbs--it will be hard at first--but I was surprised at how easy it was for me to "switch modes."
I have a feeling it will be easy for you once you see the scale go down even when you eat carbs. OH THE JOY OF JUDDD!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
Nik-Nik--If it's any help, I don't look at the carbs on labels anymore. I just look at the calories and record them in my phone. That's it. I had Malto Meal for lunch on a DD (only 130 cals) I LOVE THAT STUFF!
Haven't had it in 15 years. It was SOOOO good.
I'm just saying that if it helps you--try to just concentrate on the cals for UD and DD and stick to exactly what amounts you are supposed to have on those days. Don't even read the carbs--it will be hard at first--but I was surprised at how easy it was for me to "switch modes."
I have a feeling it will be easy for you once you see the scale go down even when you eat carbs. OH THE JOY OF JUDDD!
pjsam, when you started adding carbs back into your diet, regardless of the carb amounts and without paying them any heed, did you notice water weight gain on the scale?

Or do you think that you might have been losing fat at the same time you were gaining water weight, and thus.. the one was canceling out the other, and your scale was showing no net gain or loss much at all.

I always think it's very interesting when people report not particular gain or loss on the scale, but certainly a difference in body measurements, for example.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
so did you have the chinese?
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Pat--sorry, but I'm a bad example. Even though I've done LC on and off for about 10 years, at the time I started JUDDD three weeks ago, I wasn't doing ANYTHING about weight loss.
So, for the record, on my first week of JUDDD, I ate ANYTHING I wanted on my UD and stayed at 500 on my DD for the first week and lost 4.5 lbs. But, then I maintained for two weeks. That's why I've started counting my UDs now and will be doing 500/1700 like you suggested.
I'll keep you posted!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
so did you have the chinese?
Not quite I DID end up have some breaded chicken chunks dipped in soy sauce though...I felt so guilty eating the breading on the chicken...but it was oh so tasty

It was UD yesterday and I showed no loss and no gain...so that was a relief....

I'm just going to keep working on it....you're right, there is no rush to do what I'm not comfortable with just yet...and I haven't had a significant loss on JUDDD yet...so I know deep down I'm just not ready to let go and I'm OK with that.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:31 AM   #16
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
you're right, there is no rush to do what I'm not comfortable with just yet
Nik remember too: if you want something, it can wait a few days! Because you CAN have it
That was my big oops my 3rd UD- I decided I wanted fried chicken, ice cream, fries, etc -and I ate it ALL that one day. Why? Because my head was still in the "this food is cheating" place! Instead of telling myself "I can wait 2 days then have the (fries, ice cream, whatever) - I dont have to eat it all today so I can "get back on plan" tomorrow because this IS the plan
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote