Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeahGraceG
Stats: 150 (postpartum)/119.6/110 (someday after baby)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Nov 2011
Does Anyone Else Have NO Trouble Eating to Ceiling on UDs?

I keep hearing about how hard it is for people to eat their calories on UDs. This was true for me on the first UD -- but now I have NO problem snarfing up to (and sometimes beyond) my calorie limit.

Not sure if this is a mental thing (probably partially!) or a physical thing because I'm breastfeeding. My DDs are currently at 1000 and my UDs are at 2500 -- may tweak those numbers, as I seem to have no milk supply issues after a week.

I've lost a bit more than a pound in a week, so I guess I'm seeing results, but I'm just weirded out by the fact that I seem to be the only one who has no trouble eating up on UDs!
33 yrs old
LeahGraceG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Uhhhh.... no. You are NOT alone here! It is a very rare UD for me that isn't quite a bit over 2000 calories!

I rely strongly on my fasting day to offset my feasting day, and I've worked very hard to keep a big spread going between my DDs and my UDs just in order to rev my metabolism up as good as I can get it to operate in this old girl!

Not being able to eat has never been a problem for me.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
LOL @ Pat!

And I like the feast and fast wording! I DEFINATELY have no problem eating up to my calorie limit........
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ccrickett
Stats: 249(HW)199/134/145
WOE: LCtweaks/JUDDD
Start Date: '80's/90's/2000's/Nov 2010
I'm still adjusting my menus to reach my upper ceiling but I want as much benefit from this plan as I can get, weight & healthwise so if I need a late night snack to reach my top numbers I have chocolate pudding ready.

Hopefully I'll feel like you after a couple of good UD's.
ccrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Haha, I wish I could eat up to the calorie limit you guys enjoy! I would have no trouble finding food and drink to get up there!

I'll say though at first, coming off LC, I did wonder how I was going to manage it because I'd been eating around 1100-1200 calories on LC foods and feeling too full to eat anymore. So trying to get in an extra 600 or so seemed like a lot. But I quickly adjusted once I started including more carby foods.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I struggled for weeks and weeks to keep my UD calories below my ceiling. I have finally managed it the last couple weeks or so.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Yeah, I have no problem ...
In fact I have started counting my UD to make sure I don't go over. It is amazing how many calories can be packed into things!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
I have absolutely no problem at all, I actually have to pace myself because there are just so many yummy things I can potentially eat, so I try to just spread it out among my UD's. The first UD I did because I was still in a low calorie mindset but once I just focused on eating yummy and nutritious food then it was not a problem at all.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Sometimes. If I want to hit my target today, for example, I'm going to have to have TWO cheeseburgers for dinner. Woe is me, right? Actually, I may have to skip the cheese on one to not go over. ACTUALLY, I think I'll just have ONE double cheeseburger and skip the Sara Lee low carb bun! Yes, that will do!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I have been most successful reaching my UD calories when I track them ahead of time...like the night before. When I'm working on an UD, I usually bring a whole bunch of things with me to eat for the day. I even bring breakfast with me, which I don't eat on DDs. Well today I thought, "I don't really NEED to eat breakfast," so i didn't. Bad choice. Without breakfast, I wasn't really hungry today. Fast forward to now, 7pm, and I still need to eat at least 400 more calories. And I'm not even hungry.

So, to the OP...I usually plan and do fine. Without a plan, I easily fall short. Boo.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Erikasmommy
Stats: 179/168/145
WOE: Juddd- just starting
Start Date: Started Juddd 10/20/11
Um no! This is one thing I just can't understand to save my life. I could probably eat DOUBLE my allowed UD calories!!
Erikasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
andrea....4 T of yummy PB or almond butter!! 400 calories.

and i agree...i could probably eat double my UD cals.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Same here--I'm on my fourth week and didn't lose anything the last two--which is due to, most likely, going over my UD limit.
But, I just started tracking my UD cals on ************, so that will hopefully keep me on track. However, I can ALWAYS come up w/more things to eat--on a DD or UD! Today is a UD and I've tracked my cals for the day and I'm over by 100 and I still want to eat. Guess it's time for bed!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
andrea....4 T of yummy PB or almond butter!! 400 calories.

Thanks for the help! Great idea...I just don't think I could eat 4T of PB. I decided to have a bowl of cereal with skim (240) and later I'll have a French vanilla hot cocoa with an added Tbls of hwc (190).

Ugh, I'm stuffed.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
Same here--I'm on my fourth week and didn't lose anything the last two--which is due to, most likely, going over my UD limit.
But, I just started tracking my UD cals on ************, so that will hopefully keep me on track. However, I can ALWAYS come up w/more things to eat--on a DD or UD! Today is a UD and I've tracked my cals for the day and I'm over by 100 and I still want to eat. Guess it's time for bed!
You know, this is an important thought here. Here's what I found out that was a big help for me...

If I planned my UDs ahead of time (for the most part) rather than just keeping track of them as they happened, I could always keep them at the right calorie number.

If I made sure I had enough saved for some evening time eating after supper, I was kept a much, much happier camper.

It didn't take me very long to realize that I should never be consuming my last calorie for supper, because while I can skip breakfast easily and wait to begin eating until midday.. I'm always wanting more of my calories in the evening hours, after supper.

So in planning my days, I try to always plan for snacking and evening sweet treats. It keeps me happy.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You know, this is an important thought here. Here's what I found out that was a big help for me...

If I planned my UDs ahead of time (for the most part) rather than just keeping track of them as they happened, I could always keep them at the right calorie number.

If I made sure I had enough saved for some evening time eating after supper, I was kept a much, much happier camper.

It didn't take me very long to realize that I should never be consuming my last calorie for supper, because while I can skip breakfast easily and wait to begin eating until midday.. I'm always wanting more of my calories in the evening hours, after supper.

So in planning my days, I try to always plan for snacking and evening sweet treats. It keeps me happy.
Yeah, even on UD I have to make sure I have calories left for the night time.

I don't really plan out my UD anymore, just sort of build it around a particular food in my mind that I'm wanting or an event I know is happening, or what I was already planning to make everyone for dinner.

For example, I knew when I went to bed on my DD last night that I HAD to make a bacon, egg & cheese muffin today, and I did. And I knew I was making lasagna and garlic bread and that I'd want wine. So everything else I ate today sort of filled in around that, making sure not to overtake the calories I needed for the "main foods" of the day!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

Yes...this!!! If I enter foods before I eat them (that is, plan ahead), rather than eat my foods then enter them, I do SO MUCH BETTER! If not, I tend to either eat too much or, more likely, not enough and have too many calories left to eat to get to my ceiling.

Always always plan ahead.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nola baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post

lol- I am this kind of person too!!

Even though my calories are twice as high as most, I can still easily eat over my calorie ceilings on high calorie days.

I dont neccessarily do Judd ratios as such, but I cycle calories up and down between various ranges.

And generally,the lower my calories on a DD, the more I can eat on an UD !
My hunger on an up day is fairly proportionate to the calorie deficit that has come before.
nola baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Thanks for the help! Great idea...I just don't think I could eat 4T of PB.
Boy I could, especially on a stack of hot cakes drizzled with warm syrup. Yum yum!

No problems eating here
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Ummm, yeah...I could put away the whole jar!
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #21
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Hmmm, I seem to be the exception to the norm here. I have a hard time most days getting up to my UD calories because I'm usually 1. not very hungry and 2. I get very full, very fast now. My eyes are always bigger than my belly now a days and I start out with 2 servings of something, but never even manage to eat 1 full serving anymore. I have learned to stop when my belly says stop and I don't eat beyond that "I'm full" feeling anymore.

When I have pushed beyond that "I'm full" feeling I just feel and over stuffed! I am so uncomfortable that I don't like it so stay away from it. I'm suppose to eat 1,900 calories and it's hard to even got to 1,700 most of the time. I have added more fat (oils, butter, cream, cheese, etc) to up my calories without really having to eat more food.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
I really did have a problem with this when I first started. I think going from only 500 one day and then 1800 the next - just didn't fit into my well ingrained idea of "dieting" so....yeah. I thought I was eating enough but when I would total it in ****** it would only be 1300 or so. So....have to eat a snack of course.

Much easier now though! No problems at all!
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sissiesue
Stats: 173/129/129
Start Date: September 27, 2010
I never have any problem eating to my UD levels. I really do have to track it; otherwise, I'd be over by quite a bit, I'm sure.
Sissiesue is offline   Reply With Quote