Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Does Anyone Else Have NO Trouble Eating to Ceiling on UDs? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/744999-does-anyone-else-have-no-trouble-eating-ceiling-uds.html)

LeahGraceG 11-10-2011 01:24 PM

Does Anyone Else Have NO Trouble Eating to Ceiling on UDs?

I keep hearing about how hard it is for people to eat their calories on UDs. This was true for me on the first UD -- but now I have NO problem snarfing up to (and sometimes beyond) my calorie limit.

Not sure if this is a mental thing (probably partially!) or a physical thing because I'm breastfeeding. My DDs are currently at 1000 and my UDs are at 2500 -- may tweak those numbers, as I seem to have no milk supply issues after a week.

I've lost a bit more than a pound in a week, so I guess I'm seeing results, but I'm just weirded out by the fact that I seem to be the only one who has no trouble eating up on UDs!

SoHappy 11-10-2011 01:29 PM

Uhhhh.... no. You are NOT alone here! It is a very rare UD for me that isn't quite a bit over 2000 calories! :laugh:

I rely strongly on my fasting day to offset my feasting day, and I've worked very hard to keep a big spread going between my DDs and my UDs just in order to rev my metabolism up as good as I can get it to operate in this old girl!

Not being able to eat has never been a problem for me. ;)

Sandelio 11-10-2011 01:32 PM

LOL @ Pat!

And I like the feast and fast wording! I DEFINATELY have no problem eating up to my calorie limit........

ccrickett 11-10-2011 01:58 PM

I'm still adjusting my menus to reach my upper ceiling but I want as much benefit from this plan as I can get, weight & healthwise so if I need a late night snack to reach my top numbers I have chocolate pudding ready.

Hopefully I'll feel like you after a couple of good UD's.

sophiethecat 11-10-2011 01:59 PM

Haha, I wish I could eat up to the calorie limit you guys enjoy! I would have no trouble finding food and drink to get up there! :laugh:

I'll say though at first, coming off LC, I did wonder how I was going to manage it because I'd been eating around 1100-1200 calories on LC foods and feeling too full to eat anymore. So trying to get in an extra 600 or so seemed like a lot. But I quickly adjusted once I started including more carby foods. :)

paulabob 11-10-2011 02:06 PM

I struggled for weeks and weeks to keep my UD calories below my ceiling. I have finally managed it the last couple weeks or so.

Low Carb Librarian 11-10-2011 02:52 PM

Yeah, I have no problem ...
In fact I have started counting my UD to make sure I don't go over. It is amazing how many calories can be packed into things!

kris4chloe 11-10-2011 03:33 PM

I have absolutely no problem at all, I actually have to pace myself because there are just so many yummy things I can potentially eat, so I try to just spread it out among my UD's. The first UD I did because I was still in a low calorie mindset but once I just focused on eating yummy and nutritious food then it was not a problem at all.

Speck333 11-10-2011 03:39 PM

Sometimes. If I want to hit my target today, for example, I'm going to have to have TWO cheeseburgers for dinner. Woe is me, right? Actually, I may have to skip the cheese on one to not go over. ACTUALLY, I think I'll just have ONE double cheeseburger and skip the Sara Lee low carb bun! Yes, that will do!

Mommie22boys 11-10-2011 03:52 PM

I have been most successful reaching my UD calories when I track them ahead of time...like the night before. When I'm working on an UD, I usually bring a whole bunch of things with me to eat for the day. I even bring breakfast with me, which I don't eat on DDs. Well today I thought, "I don't really NEED to eat breakfast," so i didn't. Bad choice.:down: Without breakfast, I wasn't really hungry today. Fast forward to now, 7pm, and I still need to eat at least 400 more calories. :stars: And I'm not even hungry.

So, to the OP...I usually plan and do fine. Without a plan, I easily fall short. Boo.:down:

Erikasmommy 11-10-2011 04:12 PM

Um no! This is one thing I just can't understand to save my life. I could probably eat DOUBLE my allowed UD calories!!

dazygyrl 11-10-2011 04:26 PM

andrea....4 T of yummy PB or almond butter!! 400 calories. :)

and i agree...i could probably eat double my UD cals.

pjsam1156 11-10-2011 04:49 PM

Same here--I'm on my fourth week and didn't lose anything the last two--which is due to, most likely, going over my UD limit. :doh:
But, I just started tracking my UD cals on ************, so that will hopefully keep me on track. However, I can ALWAYS come up w/more things to eat--on a DD or UD!:D Today is a UD and I've tracked my cals for the day and I'm over by 100 and I still want to eat. Guess it's time for bed!:(

Mommie22boys 11-10-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15166042)
andrea....4 T of yummy PB or almond butter!! 400 calories. :)

Thanks for the help! Great idea...I just don't think I could eat 4T of PB. I decided to have a bowl of cereal with skim (240) and later I'll have a French vanilla hot cocoa with an added Tbls of hwc (190).

Ugh, I'm stuffed. :(

SoHappy 11-10-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjsam1156 (Post 15166101)
Same here--I'm on my fourth week and didn't lose anything the last two--which is due to, most likely, going over my UD limit. :doh:
But, I just started tracking my UD cals on ************, so that will hopefully keep me on track. However, I can ALWAYS come up w/more things to eat--on a DD or UD!:D Today is a UD and I've tracked my cals for the day and I'm over by 100 and I still want to eat. Guess it's time for bed!:(

You know, this is an important thought here. Here's what I found out that was a big help for me...

If I planned my UDs ahead of time (for the most part) rather than just keeping track of them as they happened, I could always keep them at the right calorie number.

If I made sure I had enough saved for some evening time eating after supper, I was kept a much, much happier camper.

It didn't take me very long to realize that I should never be consuming my last calorie for supper, because while I can skip breakfast easily and wait to begin eating until midday.. I'm always wanting more of my calories in the evening hours, after supper.

So in planning my days, I try to always plan for snacking and evening sweet treats. It keeps me happy. :laugh:

sophiethecat 11-10-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15166144)
You know, this is an important thought here. Here's what I found out that was a big help for me...

If I planned my UDs ahead of time (for the most part) rather than just keeping track of them as they happened, I could always keep them at the right calorie number.

If I made sure I had enough saved for some evening time eating after supper, I was kept a much, much happier camper.

It didn't take me very long to realize that I should never be consuming my last calorie for supper, because while I can skip breakfast easily and wait to begin eating until midday.. I'm always wanting more of my calories in the evening hours, after supper.

So in planning my days, I try to always plan for snacking and evening sweet treats. It keeps me happy. :laugh:

Yeah, even on UD I have to make sure I have calories left for the night time.

I don't really plan out my UD anymore, just sort of build it around a particular food in my mind that I'm wanting or an event I know is happening, or what I was already planning to make everyone for dinner.

For example, I knew when I went to bed on my DD last night that I HAD to make a bacon, egg & cheese muffin today, and I did. And I knew I was making lasagna and garlic bread and that I'd want wine. So everything else I ate today sort of filled in around that, making sure not to overtake the calories I needed for the "main foods" of the day! :laugh:

Mommie22boys 11-10-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15166144)

Yes...this!!! If I enter foods before I eat them (that is, plan ahead), rather than eat my foods then enter them, I do SO MUCH BETTER! If not, I tend to either eat too much or, more likely, not enough and have too many calories left to eat to get to my ceiling.

Always always plan ahead.

nola baxter 11-10-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15166042)

lol- I am this kind of person too!!

Even though my calories are twice as high as most, I can still easily eat over my calorie ceilings on high calorie days.

I dont neccessarily do Judd ratios as such, but I cycle calories up and down between various ranges.

And generally,the lower my calories on a DD, the more I can eat on an UD !
My hunger on an up day is fairly proportionate to the calorie deficit that has come before.

kel7298 11-10-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15166141)
Thanks for the help! Great idea...I just don't think I could eat 4T of PB.

Boy I could, especially on a stack of hot cakes drizzled with warm syrup. Yum yum! :yummy:

No problems eating here :)

dazygyrl 11-10-2011 07:19 PM

Ummm, yeah...I could put away the whole jar! :o

Beeb 11-10-2011 07:39 PM

Hmmm, I seem to be the exception to the norm here. :confused::dunno: I have a hard time most days getting up to my UD calories because I'm usually 1. not very hungry and 2. I get very full, very fast now. My eyes are always bigger than my belly now a days and I start out with 2 servings of something, but never even manage to eat 1 full serving anymore. I have learned to stop when my belly says stop and I don't eat beyond that "I'm full" feeling anymore.

When I have pushed beyond that "I'm full" feeling I just feel :sick: and over stuffed! I am so uncomfortable that I don't like it so stay away from it. I'm suppose to eat 1,900 calories and it's hard to even got to 1,700 most of the time. I have added more fat (oils, butter, cream, cheese, etc) to up my calories without really having to eat more food.

2muchme 11-10-2011 08:27 PM

I really did have a problem with this when I first started. I think going from only 500 one day and then 1800 the next - just didn't fit into my well ingrained idea of "dieting" so....yeah. I thought I was eating enough but when I would total it in ****** it would only be 1300 or so. :eek: So....have to eat a snack of course. :clap:

Much easier now though! No problems at all! :D

Sissiesue 11-10-2011 11:38 PM

I never have any problem eating to my UD levels. I really do have to track it; otherwise, I'd be over by quite a bit, I'm sure.