Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Contemplating JUDDD but...

I am really nervous about making the switch from Atkins... I think I am getting burned out on it. I have been off an on the wagon since my vacation in September and keep gaining and losing 10 to 15 lbs. I miss foods, Im not gonna lie.. bread now and then.. couscous etc.. at first I was just going off on the weekends and that seemed to work fine.. then before I knew it I was off for a week. I started back on induction this past Tuesday, but sometimes nothing sounds good to me... I wonder if I can still lose on JUDDD and be happier with my choices.. the DD scares me too can you be satisfied with 500 cals?.. ok enough rambling! Thanks for listening

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Erikasmommy
Stats: 179/168/145
WOE: Juddd- just starting
Start Date: Started Juddd 10/20/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillverOrchid View Post
I am really nervous about making the switch from Atkins... I think I am getting burned out on it. I have been off an on the wagon since my vacation in September and keep gaining and losing 10 to 15 lbs. I miss foods, Im not gonna lie.. bread now and then.. couscous etc.. at first I was just going off on the weekends and that seemed to work fine.. then before I knew it I was off for a week. I started back on induction this past Tuesday, but sometimes nothing sounds good to me... I wonder if I can still lose on JUDDD and be happier with my choices.. the DD scares me too can you be satisfied with 500 cals?.. ok enough rambling! Thanks for listening
Here is what I decided... If I wasn't really sticking to plan AND I was getting bored would it be better for me to try something else OR to end up giving up completely? I decided trying something different was a much more proactive choice!
As far as the down days..I'm not gonna like the first couple were really hard. But it really does get easier and then you actually start to look forward to them because you feel so good and so lean afterwards! and the up day the next day makes it all worth it!

I hope that helps a little..
Erikasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
Stats: 147/142/140
WOE: JUDDD
I think all of us former lc'ers were nervous to make the change to JUDDD but we all come over here for similar reasons. It is tough to let go of the lc mindset. Some people combine JUDDD with lc so you can do it that way if you want. I started Saturday and at first thought I'd stay low carb but I haven't. I love the flexibility that JUDDD offers. I haven't had very much trouble with my DDs. In fact I'm on one today, ate toast (yes real toasted bread, lol) at 6 am and just now had some soup. I had 2 cups of tea in between but I was quite content until lunchtime.

I'd say give it a try!! I think you'll do great on it! You'll find what works best for you as you go along. Its like any other woe, its a learning process but overall, I find that it has simplified my life AND I can enjoy all types of food again, I'm very happy!!

Good luck!!
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
I just switched this week and I LOVE it! I'm glad to be rid of carb counting I wish you great success!
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
The 500 calorie days scared me off for a long time,
but they're really not so bad! The first week was really hard,
then I came up with an alternate schedule that works better for me
(PM me if you want the info).

I keep my carbs pretty low most of the time because I have diabetes.
However, I have been able to indulge certain things I'd been missing
(pizza, Chinese food, real grape jelly, cookies, a glass of milk)
and manage to still lose weight AND have decent blood sugar readings
AND not be overwhelmed by constant cravings afterwards
(I think something we LCers fear, after experiencing a certain amount of control on LC).

I've read that some people actually find DDs easier if they do eat carbs on UDs.

I know there are some people who will be set off on a months-long bender by eating one cracker--
they really can't risk going off a low-carb plan at all.
But if you're one of those people who can just "start back on induction" whenever they feel the need to,
then I say, give JUDDD a try because you can always go back to Atkins if JUDDD doesn't work out for you.
And you don't have to add in tons of carbs right away, if it doesn't feel right.
New lows, 2014:
6/29 282.8
7/07 280.2
7/14 276.8

Last edited by piratejenny; 11-10-2011 at 09:46 AM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nik Nik
Stats: 196 / 185/ 165
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: 10/20/2011
It's hard to let go of the mindset that LC is the only way to lose weight...especially when I'm sure you've tried other WOE's in the past that fails...the key to JUDDD and really any diet plan, is to make it so that you are going to be able to live with it for the rest of your life.

The health benefits of JUDDD are unmatched...and the DD's aren't that bad as long as you just focus on the fact that it's just ONE day...you can do almost anything one day at a time...

This will teach you how to really BE hungry...and you'll find you won't give in to the urges that made us fat in the first place as often because of that...

Best recommendation...read the book...learn how it works and all your fears should be put to rest

10/19/2011--began the rest of my life...again!
196/185/165- New goal!

Nik Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikasmommy View Post
Here is what I decided... If I wasn't really sticking to plan AND I was getting bored would it be better for me to try something else OR to end up giving up completely? I decided trying something different was a much more proactive choice!
As far as the down days..I'm not gonna like the first couple were really hard. But it really does get easier and then you actually start to look forward to them because you feel so good and so lean afterwards! and the up day the next day makes it all worth it!

I hope that helps a little..
Good point! giving up completely is not an option, and I think thats why Im looking for something else..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallee View Post
I think all of us former lc'ers were nervous to make the change to JUDDD but we all come over here for similar reasons. It is tough to let go of the lc mindset. Some people combine JUDDD with lc so you can do it that way if you want. I started Saturday and at first thought I'd stay low carb but I haven't. I love the flexibility that JUDDD offers. I haven't had very much trouble with my DDs. In fact I'm on one today, ate toast (yes real toasted bread, lol) at 6 am and just now had some soup. I had 2 cups of tea in between but I was quite content until lunchtime.

I'd say give it a try!! I think you'll do great on it! You'll find what works best for you as you go along. Its like any other woe, its a learning process but overall, I find that it has simplified my life AND I can enjoy all types of food again, I'm very happy!!

Good luck!!
Thanks, Its good to hear other people who were LC and made the switch ok..Its just hard to think outside the box after being LC for so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star73 View Post
I just switched this week and I LOVE it! I'm glad to be rid of carb counting I wish you great success!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
The 500 calorie days scared me off for a long time,
but they're really not so bad! The first week was really hard,
then I came up with an alternate schedule that works better for me
(PM me if you want the info).

I keep my carbs pretty low most of the time because I have diabetes.
However, I have been able to indulge certain things I'd been craving
(pizza, Chinese food, real grape jelly, cookies, a glass of milk)
AND still lose weight AND have decent blood sugar readings
I will PM you, Id like to look at this from many different perspectives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nik View Post
It's hard to let go of the mindset that LC is the only way to lose weight...especially when I'm sure you've tried other WOE's in the past that fails...the key to JUDDD and really any diet plan, is to make it so that you are going to be able to live with it for the rest of your life.

The health benefits of JUDDD are unmatched...and the DD's aren't that bad as long as you just focus on the fact that it's just ONE day...you can do almost anything one day at a time...

This will teach you how to really BE hungry...and you'll find you won't give in to the urges that made us fat in the first place as often because of that...

Best recommendation...read the book...learn how it works and all your fears should be put to rest
I will get the book this weekend, think I may start on Monday if I decide this is for me.. again shaking that LC mindset is going to be hard since I have been doing Atkins for over a year.. did anyone notice they gained after a couple up days before starting to lose?
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

You''ll more than likely gain some weight initially from adding carbs back into your diet but once your body adjusts you'll start to lose. I think everyone is different in this area though. Again, I'm only on my 6th day of this woe but I have added carbs (not counting them at all) and my weight is down 1/2 pound already. In fact, my weight this morning after an UD was the same as it was yesterday morning after a DD. Go figure! I'm sure I'll get more balanced as I go and I'll start to see bigger losses but for now I'm ok with the 1/2 pound.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
[/QUOTE]I will get the book this weekend, think I may start on Monday if I decide this is for me.. again shaking that LC mindset is going to be hard since I have been doing Atkins for over a year.. did anyone notice they gained after a couple up days before starting to lose?[/QUOTE]

Yes ... I gained my first couple of days. I came from VLC 10 - 20 and just decided to go for it so I experienced water weight gain from my glycogen stores being refilled. BUT, I stuck to it and the first week hit a new low after being stalled on VLC. My first UD was my birthday and I had a party, I stayed within my calorie limit for the day and had cake and pie so I knew that having those carbs was going to effect me and had prepared mentally for it as I knew it would be just water weight. Here is what my first week weight looked like without any heavy carb restriction as I wanted my body to get used to carbs again - I had been stuck at the 165 for weeks:

Started: 165.5
After first UD: 164.4
After first DD: 166.6
UD: 168.8
DD: 168.8
UD: 166.8
DD: 165.7
UD: 165.4
DD: 163.9

Don't be afraid of the water weight. Since my body got used to the carbs again I have steadily been losing since and have hit even lower new lows this, my 2nd week.

PS: On JUDDD there seems to be some bouncing that goes on with the scale numbers if you weigh everyday. But, it overall goes down.

Last edited by Lori-s; 11-10-2011 at 10:09 AM..
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I will get the book this weekend, think I may start on Monday if I decide this is for me.. again shaking that LC mindset is going to be hard since I have been doing Atkins for over a year.. did anyone notice they gained after a couple up days before starting to lose?
Yes ... I gained my first couple of days. I came from VLC 10 - 20 and just decided to go for it so I experienced water weight gain from my glycogen stores being refilled. BUT, I stuck to it and the first week hit a new low after being stalled on VLC. My first UD was my birthday and I had a party, I stayed within my calorie limit for the day and had cake and pie so I knew that having those carbs was going to effect me and had prepared mentally for it as I knew it would be just water weight. Here is what my first week weight looked like without any heavy carb restriction as I wanted my body to get used to carbs again - I had been stuck at the 165 for weeks:

Started: 165.5
After first UD: 164.4
After first DD: 166.6
UD: 168.8
DD: 168.8
UD: 166.8
DD: 165.7
UD: 165.4
DD: 163.9

Don't be afraid of the water weight. Since my body got used to the carbs again I have steadily been losing since and have hit even lower new lows this, my 2nd week.

PS: On JUDDD there seems to be some bouncing that goes on with the scale numbers if you weigh everyday. But, it overall goes down.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

That's a great example and nice to see, Lori!! Thanks for sharing! Since I'm just starting I'm really interested in seeing the crazy things the scale will do, especially in the beginning.

Last edited by Wallee; 11-10-2011 at 10:51 AM..
Old 11-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Hi SilverOrchid!

Most all of us can relate to everything you said... nervous about the switch, burned out on LC, missing foods, etc.

I gleaned some tips that help me on DD...

1. Allow yourself a higher number while you're adjusting to JUDDD. Example, if the calculator gives you 400, allow yourself up to 800 if you need it, but try to lower that amount at least a little each DD because the "magic" health benefits of JUDDD come from those low DD. I am allowed up to 600 but I try to keep it around 500 or less, but somehow knowing I have that extra 100 calories helps me mentally

2. Higher carb on UD seems to help fuel the body for the DD. Higher carb doesn't have to mean cake, candy, pie, chocolates, etc. (or it CAN mean those too!) But you could do lots of the veggies you may have been denying yourself on LC, some fruits, some whole grains, breads, pasta, etc.

3. Protein with each little meal or snack on DD. For me, if I can get at least 15 g. protein into my DD meals, I seem to be more satisfied for longer. I usually end the day with a 180 calorie Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe bar (Walmart carries these by the box) and they are 20 g. protein I can make one last a while by nibbling it while I have some decaf or tea or something. Other low cal protein sources would be tuna, chicken breast, lowfat cottage cheese, etc.

4. Finally, if you are like many of us, you really need to eat in the evenings and before bed to be able to sleep at night. Therefore, I try to save as many calories as I can until evening.

HTH
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-10-2011 at 11:20 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi SilverOrchid!

Most all of us can relate to everything you said... nervous about the switch, burned out on LC, missing foods, etc.

I gleaned some tips that help me on DD...

1. Allow yourself a higher number while you're adjusting to JUDDD. Example, if the calculator gives you 400, allow yourself up to 800 if you need it, but try to lower that amount at least a little each DD because the "magic" health benefits of JUDDD come from those low DD. I am allowed up to 600 but I try to keep it around 500 or less, but somehow knowing I have that extra 100 calories helps me mentally

2. Higher carb on UD seems to help fuel the body for the DD. Higher carb doesn't have to mean cake, candy, pie, chocolates, etc. (or it CAN mean those too!) But you could do lots of the veggies you may have been denying yourself on LC, some fruits, some whole grains, breads, pasta, etc.

3. Protein with each little meal or snack on DD. For me, if I can get at least 15 g. protein into my DD meals, I seem to be more satisfied for longer. I usually end the day with a 180 calorie Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe bar (Walmart carries these by the box) and they are 20 g. protein I can make one last a while by nibbling it while I have some decaf or tea or something. Other low cal protein sources would be tuna, chicken breast, lowfat cottage cheese, etc.

4. Finally, if you are like many of us, you really need to eat in the evenings and before bed to be able to sleep at night. Therefore, I try to save as many calories as I can until evening.

HTH
Thanks for the tips! I get hungry at night too, and I tend to not want to eat until 11am or so.. I think the 500 or 600 would be ok if I made sure I was getting enough to eat to keep me from being ravenous.. and as everyone else said it's only one day.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Come on over to the "DARK SIDE", my wonderful friend! I'll hold your hand, I promise and so will many, many others who were afraid to let go of LC.

Still do your LC, if that is what you are comfortable with. Lots of us do this, and it works amazingly well!

Do it, as suggested and as JUDDD recommends for 2 weeks and see what happens.

What do you have to lose, except those 10/15 pounds that LC is not taking care of anymore?

I, for one, would to have you be a JUDDD BUDDD!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ccrickett
Stats: 249(HW)199/134/145
WOE: LCtweaks/JUDDD
Start Date: '80's/90's/2000's/Nov 2010
I've spent the past 3 weeks Juddding part time & vlc part time, finding it really hard to just jump in with both feet.

Still, I keep losing some weight each week even with the higher carb/calorie days so I added another & another Juddd day.

This is my first week "all-in" & I am at a low I haven't seen in 30 years.

It isn't the DD I find hard with all the great low calorie recipies, its eating to the UD ceiling.

Go For It
ccrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Kristy, I think you might feel more comfortable if you can realize that you don't have to make any switch at all in your diet, just to do JUDDD. You can continue doing your Atkins for your food choices, and follow the JUDDD plan at the same time. JUDDD will tell you what calorie level to eat at on your UDs, and then you'll also need to do your fasting calorie level on your DDs too, which starts off at 500 calories. But the foods you choose to eat are entirely up to you, and can be as absolutely low carb as you want them to be.

Many start out pretty low carb, get into their JUDDD routine a bit, and then experiment with adding in a few carbs, a bit at a time. That takes some of the *scary* away from it, and lets you zero in gradually on the level of carbohydrate that makes you feel the very best.

I'm excited about you doing JUDDD with us, and expect you will be very successful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrickett View Post
I've spent the past 3 weeks Juddding part time & vlc part time, finding it really hard to just jump in with both feet.

Still, I keep losing some weight each week even with the higher carb/calorie days so I added another & another Juddd day.

This is my first week "all-in" & I am at a low I haven't seen in 30 years.

It isn't the DD I find hard with all the great low calorie recipies, its eating to the UD ceiling.

Go For It
Just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and this exciting news! Being at a Low that you haven't seen in 30 years is almost monumental in scope! I just wanted to tell you how wonderful I think this is, and how very, very happy I am for you!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Come on over to the "DARK SIDE", my wonderful friend! I'll hold your hand, I promise and so will many, many others who were afraid to let go of LC.

Still do your LC, if that is what you are comfortable with. Lots of us do this, and it works amazingly well!

Do it, as suggested and as JUDDD recommends for 2 weeks and see what happens.

What do you have to lose, except those 10/15 pounds that LC is not taking care of anymore?

I, for one, would to have you be a JUDDD BUDDD!!
Thanks for the support I am really giving it some thought! having you guys for support would be wonderful!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
I'm still new to JUDDD myself. I came to it after 10 months stalled on straight low carb. The calorie cycling combined with low carb are really helping me get my losses started again. In the weeks before I started I was "maintaining recklessly", as in eating a high carb thing here and there, but being low carb 90% of the time. It was suggested that this was sort of like JUDDD. Anyway, there is that approach for you, it worked for me to maintain.
The DD scared me, too, and made me think this plan was unreasonable, especially for me. But once I figured out what foods I need to eat to keep from crashing, it isn't so bad. I don't go as low as 500 cals., either. I am usually between 550 and 600, usually closer to 600. For me, the intermittent hunger on DDs is worth seeing the scale drop 2 lbs at the end of the week.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
I'm still new to JUDDD myself. I came to it after 10 months stalled on straight low carb. The calorie cycling combined with low carb are really helping me get my losses started again. In the weeks before I started I was "maintaining recklessly", as in eating a high carb thing here and there, but being low carb 90% of the time. It was suggested that this was sort of like JUDDD. Anyway, there is that approach for you, it worked for me to maintain.
The DD scared me, too, and made me think this plan was unreasonable, especially for me. But once I figured out what foods I need to eat to keep from crashing, it isn't so bad. I don't go as low as 500 cals., either. I am usually between 550 and 600, usually closer to 600. For me, the intermittent hunger on DDs is worth seeing the scale drop 2 lbs at the end of the week.
Yes this sounds exactly like what I am doing.. Im am 90% of the time on plan.. but lately it has gotten harder.. I think I might give it a try.. although the up days might freak me out at first lol I do miss a lot of foods!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
Stats: 154/139/130 - 6 # lost on JUDDD
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
I've been on JUDDD since late Oct after having been first on HCG and then Atkins. I'm 53yo (saying this because I think this does have something to do with my experience).

On HCG round 1 I lost 20# - great. But then it was early summer and there was so much food that I missed. I mean 500 calories everyday for 6 weeks. I missed so much. Needless to say, I gained back 13# in no time.

Then did a second round of HCG. It hit me so differently the second time. I felt weak and so sluggish. I increased my water and everything but nothing seemed to help. The morning I could barely get off the couch I knew I couldn't continue. Btw, my weightloss slowed to maybe a pound every 4 days. That's when I fell back on what had worked before - Atkins.

I started Atkins at 144. For 6 weeks I remained at 144 and never left induction. I felt better - energy wise - but never lost. That's when I started googling "stall LC" and such and found LCF. I tried "off" days where you increase carbs for a day (whatever it's called) but nothing seemed to work.

Curious about JUDDD as it appeared on LCF I researched where I could. When I found my weight to be 145 (!) one morning I decided to give it a try. I have lost now 5#!!!!! It's been easy as can be. My metabolism hasn't dropped. I feel energized and never deprived. I can eat anything I want with the only limit being the amount. Lets face it, the thought of never being able to eat a banana again - ever - is really depressing! 3 days of 500 calories doesn't seem to bother me. I make those my vegetable days and really never feel that hungry. My diet is varied and satisfying. I never miss social events or feel I need to "be good" while I pick at the meal or (worse yet) eat like everyone else and then deal with the guilt the following day.

JUDDD is a wonderful WOE and I never plan on going back. This is a lifelong WOE and I'm loving it!!! I highly advise you to research and give it a try. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this. There are no negatives. No deprivation. No guilt.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
I've been on JUDDD since late Oct after having been first on HCG and then Atkins. I'm 53yo (saying this because I think this does have something to do with my experience).

On HCG round 1 I lost 20# - great. But then it was early summer and there was so much food that I missed. I mean 500 calories everyday for 6 weeks. I missed so much. Needless to say, I gained back 13# in no time.

Then did a second round of HCG. It hit me so differently the second time. I felt weak and so sluggish. I increased my water and everything but nothing seemed to help. The morning I could barely get off the couch I knew I couldn't continue. Btw, my weightloss slowed to maybe a pound every 4 days. That's when I fell back on what had worked before - Atkins.

I started Atkins at 144. For 6 weeks I remained at 144 and never left induction. I felt better - energy wise - but never lost. That's when I started googling "stall LC" and such and found LCF. I tried "off" days where you increase carbs for a day (whatever it's called) but nothing seemed to work.

Curious about JUDDD as it appeared on LCF I researched where I could. When I found my weight to be 145 (!) one morning I decided to give it a try. I have lost now 5#!!!!! It's been easy as can be. My metabolism hasn't dropped. I feel energized and never deprived. I can eat anything I want with the only limit being the amount. Lets face it, the thought of never being able to eat a banana again - ever - is really depressing! 3 days of 500 calories doesn't seem to bother me. I make those my vegetable days and really never feel that hungry. My diet is varied and satisfying. I never miss social events or feel I need to "be good" while I pick at the meal or (worse yet) eat like everyone else and then deal with the guilt the following day.

JUDDD is a wonderful WOE and I never plan on going back. This is a lifelong WOE and I'm loving it!!! I highly advise you to research and give it a try. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this. There are no negatives. No deprivation. No guilt.
I think the biggest thing for me is guilt.. It would be nice not to feel that way for wanting a bowl of cereal or a banana etc... I am a huge fruit and veggie lover
Old 11-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Speaking of guilt. I have to say my only problem with JUDDD was eating all of my calories on Up days and NOT feeling guilty - like I was cheating or something. After pretty much a lifetime of dieting I found it hard to go from 500 calories one day and having to eat 1800 calories the next day! So much food in 1800 calories!!

My first few UDs I found when I totalled my calories that I would only be at 1300 or 1400 and HAVE to eat a snack before bed to get my calories up. A weird problem to have but it's never been a part of any diet I have known until now.
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #22
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
I think the biggest thing for me is guilt.. It would be nice not to feel that way for wanting a bowl of cereal or a banana etc... I am a huge fruit and veggie lover
Oh, we all felt this way, whether it was because of eating more carbs or "forbidden foods" at first or because of so many calories on our UDs, like 2much said.

Believe me, after the weight starts to come off, at almost an effortless pace, you will not feel one bit of guilt! Took me about 1 month to get over the guilt and just enjoy the wonderful food I was eating again!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Oh, we all felt this way, whether it was because of eating more carbs or "forbidden foods" at first or because of so many calories on our UDs, like 2much said.

Believe me, after the weight starts to come off, at almost an effortless pace, you will not feel one bit of guilt! Took me about 1 month to get over the guilt and just enjoy the wonderful food I was eating again!
That is nice to hear!
Old 11-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Vicki--that's what I've started doing--eating tons of veggies on DDs--I never really get enough in, anyway--and you get to eat SOOO much more!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Coming from LC I haven't gotten enough vegs for some time. I think this is why I feel so much healthier, too.
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote