Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
~~ Ouizoid ~~

Hi,

I asked a question in the "health benefits of JUDDD" thread, but I think it got buried. You said you had a patient on JUDDD and that her asthma has improved a lot.

Do you know about how long it took her to see improvement on JUDDD? Any idea of the days or weeks or how long it was?

I'm trying to see if there is a certain amount of time that the woe starts showing benefits. For example my skin began to improve almost right away. Now I feel like my allergies are a little better too. I started noticing this a few weeks in and I'm exactly one month into the woe now.

Thank you!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I have been doing Fast5 for about 4 months. Then about 3 months I combined it with
JUDDD. After about 2 or 3 weeks my artritis got a lot better. When I started this I had
4 skin cysts that I had had for over a year and was thinking about going to see about
geting removed. Then about 2 months ago they started shrinking and it looks like in about another month they will be gone. Did the JUDDD cause this I realy don't know.
Overall my skin may look a little better but that's hard to realy pin down. Another change
is I may tollerate exercise better. Before this I was VERRY prone to developing tendonitis
as a responce to exercise. I have just started back doing some exercise and this seems
to be MUCH less of a problem. But as I said I just started back exercising so I may be wrong I sure hope not. Now here is a scientific paper about alternet day fasting and modified alternet day fasting JUDDD falls in the heading of modified alternet day fasting.

~~ Ouizoid ~~
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
Well her is the paper.

Alternate-day fasting and chronic disease prevention: a review of human and animal trials
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Hi Sophie--

It's been over a year since she started, but my recollection is that it took a few weeks. I do know that she does higher maintenance JUDDD now in order to maintain her lung health.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Hi Sophie--

It's been over a year since she started, but my recollection is that it took a few weeks. I do know that she does higher maintenance JUDDD now in order to maintain her lung health.
Thanks, Ouizoid! This is going along with what I'm finding for myself - that in a few weeks of JUDDD, the anti-inflammatory benefits really kick in.

With higher maintenance, I assume you mean her DD are above 500?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I have been doing Fast5 for about 4 months. Then about 3 months I combined it with
JUDDD. After about 2 or 3 weeks my artritis got a lot better. When I started this I had
4 skin cysts that I had had for over a year and was thinking about going to see about
geting removed. Then about 2 months ago they started shrinking and it looks like in about another month they will be gone. Did the JUDDD cause this I realy don't know.
Overall my skin may look a little better but that's hard to realy pin down. Another change
is I may tollerate exercise better. Before this I was VERRY prone to developing tendonitis
as a responce to exercise. I have just started back doing some exercise and this seems
to be MUCH less of a problem. But as I said I just started back exercising so I may be wrong I sure hope not. Now here is a scientific paper about alternet day fasting and modified alternet day fasting JUDDD falls in the heading of modified alternet day fasting.

~~ Ouizoid ~~
Thanks for giving your experience, EW! That helps. And thanks for the paper, I am reading it now.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sophie--her DD calories are now around 900--and she is maintaining beautifully--but most importantly, her terrible, uncontrolled except by prednisone, debilitating asthma is beautifully under control. Her work puts her in close proximity to things she is allergic to, and for the first time, she can breathe comfortably and is not on meds. JUDDD is a gorgeous thing isn't it.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Cool.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Sophie--her DD calories are now around 900--and she is maintaining beautifully--but most importantly, her terrible, uncontrolled except by prednisone, debilitating asthma is beautifully under control. Her work puts her in close proximity to things she is allergic to, and for the first time, she can breathe comfortably and is not on meds. JUDDD is a gorgeous thing isn't it.
Yes! Great to hear!!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Ouzie, what do you do for a living? And I agree, JUDDD is pretty amazing reallly!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pooti--hope you are feeling well!

I am a clinical psychologist specializing in neuropsychology. In addition to my clinical practice, I teach neurophysiology and psychopharmacology to grad students.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Holy schmoly sweetie! I just thought you were a smokin' hot mama with a great eye toward making up awesome recipes. Turns out you are a rocket scientist too! Cudos to your braniac abilities!!!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pootie! LOL!