Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Which is better? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/744870-better.html)

AnitaElliott 11-09-2011 02:49 PM

Which is better?
 
Ok...I have been reading post all day...along with the book :) Changing from low carb isn't going to be easy!LOL And I still plan to keep it lower carb...less than 100 and I do not plan to reintroduce sugar just because I don't miss it. Anyways...is it better to do the up day down day like that...or the whole 7 day plan that I just saw where someone posted about it? Or is it a difference?
Thanks for bearing with me and answering these questions :)

Mommie22boys 11-09-2011 03:27 PM

I think it's best to follow the plan as written. UD/DD. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

kel7298 11-09-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15162893)
I think it's best to follow the plan as written. UD/DD. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

:hyst::lol::hyst:

Beeb 11-09-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15162893)
I think it's best to follow the plan as written. UD/DD. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

:goodpost: and :hyst:

I always suggest you do the plan as written, but if shakes are not your thing (not mine either) then just eat real food, keeping it in your calorie allowance for at least 2 weeks to give the plan a chance to work before you start tweaking.

HTH! :hugs:

AnitaElliott 11-09-2011 06:36 PM

LOL Thanks!
How close to my up day calories do I need to come? That is ALOT of food! It says I need 2035 calories...doesn't that sound like alot?

synger 11-10-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnitaElliott (Post 15163385)
LOL Thanks!
How close to my up day calories do I need to come? That is ALOT of food! It says I need 2035 calories...doesn't that sound like alot?

It sounds like a lot when you're used to eating 1600 or fewer. But it's only 400 calories or so more. And when you look at your two-day average (2035 + 500 = 2535, then divided by two = 1267) you're "only" getting 1267 daily.

400 calories is a couple more pats of butter, on a slightly larger piece of meat, and a bit more salad dressing, or another serving of fruit... it adds up quickly.

sophiethecat 11-10-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synger (Post 15164572)
It sounds like a lot when you're used to eating 1600 or fewer. But it's only 400 calories or so more. And when you look at your two-day average (2035 + 500 = 2535, then divided by two = 1267) you're "only" getting 1267 daily.

400 calories is a couple more pats of butter, on a slightly larger piece of meat, and a bit more salad dressing, or another serving of fruit... it adds up quickly.

Yes, a little more cream in the coffee, some olive oil in the cooking, and don't forget many beverages can add on calories. If you're up for adding some carbs, rice, pasta, or potatoes will up the calories quite fast.

SoHappy 11-10-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnitaElliott (Post 15162800)
Ok...I have been reading post all day...along with the book :) Changing from low carb isn't going to be easy!LOL And I still plan to keep it lower carb...less than 100 and I do not plan to reintroduce sugar just because I don't miss it. Anyways...is it better to do the up day down day like that...or the whole 7 day plan that I just saw where someone posted about it? Or is it a difference?
Thanks for bearing with me and answering these questions :)

I must have missed this. That obviously would not be JUDDD.

There are many ways of *dieting* that focus on calorie reduction, and some that get into some *cycling* of the calorie numbers from day to day, but that doesn't remotely make them JUDDD.

One thing to keep strongly in mind is that JUDDD is far more than simple weight loss, and when we start talking about JUDDD magic, that's usually about more than simple weight loss. Some of the strongest benefits from doing JUDDD go far beyond just weight loss, and last far beyond that time when you've reached your weight loss goal.

So a *7-Day Plan* may well be about cycling some calories, a little bit, but the whole point of those plans is usually focused only on some weight loss as a diet, and in a huge attempt to NOT have to do any of the fasting... and that Down Day fasting is strongly a part of the JUDDD plan and is strongly important to this concept, strongly important to improved health, strongly important to healing so much within our poorly functioning bodies, strongly important to the normalizing of our screwed up chemical being, and often strongly important to making our body function at a better pace into the future.

Most of us aren't fasting just because we want to endure a day of being hungry. LOL (Well, actually your brain will adapt to the fasting day very, very quickly and then you're usually just fine...), but what I want to say is this: We do JUDDD for far, far, far more than just weight loss. While we're attaining weight loss, we want to also be doing something to put us in the position of not gaining it back in the future. Little value in going through all the work of losing the weight if we can't make it stay off of us forevermore! :laugh:

I do encourage you to just do JUDDD. There are a few *tweaks* that won't make a dimes worth of difference that can help you out initially, but there are actual changes to the plan that change it so completely that it simply isn't JUDDD any longer.

I'm awfully excited for you to join us here and see what JUDDD can do for you, mean for you, and mean for your life! JUDDD is a truly fabulous concept of alternating fasting with feasting, and it will work some remarkable and delightful changes for you, in both body and mind! :welcome:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 PM.