Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
Two DDs in a row?

So Monday was a DD, Tues was an UP and today ended up turning into a MD due to business meetings and travel (not the norm). Can I do two DDs in a row so as not to end up with a DD on the weekend?
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I don't feel experienced enough to answer, but I'd make that 2nd dd a md instead?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I don't feel experienced enough to answer, but I'd make that 2nd dd a md instead?
I second that!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

But I thought the idea was to reduce my weekly caloric intake. If I'm already high and I CAN comfortaydo two DDs, wouldn't that be a good thing?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
But I thought the idea was to reduce my weekly caloric intake. If I'm already high and I CAN comfortaydo two DDs, wouldn't that be a good thing?
I suppose you could, though i wouldn't make it a habit as i feel part of the magic is in caloric cycling?
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Nope. It messes with the science somehow. Two DDs in a row is a no-no. You don't want your body to start thinking, "hey, where's all the food? We must be starving," and starting holding onto your fat stores in order to stave off starvation. Of course, WE know we're not gonna starve, but our bodies don't. You could toss in another MD, as suggested. Or, you might just consider letting one of your weekend days be a DD. it's not as bad as you might think...I was afraid of doing DDs on weekends at first, but once I did, I found it was no big deal. HTH.

ETA: the idea is for your overall calories to average out to a lower # for weight loss. Tossing in another MD won't make your average any higher. Maybe you compensate by going a little lower on your next DD than you did on your last one.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 11-09-2011 at 03:35 PM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Nope. It messes with the science somehow. Two DDs in a row is a no-no. You don't want your body to start thinking, "hey, where's all the food? We must be starving," and starting holding onto your fat stores in order to stave off starvation. Of course, WE know we're not gonna starve, but our bodies don't. You could toss in another MD, as suggested. Or, you might just consider letting one of your weekend days be a DD. it's not as bad as you might think...I was afraid of doing DDs on weekends at first, but once I did, I found it was no big deal. HTH.

ETA: the idea is for your overall calories to average out to a lower # for weight loss. Tossing in another MD won't make your average any higher. Maybe you compensate by going a little lower on your next DD than you did on your last one.
EXACTLY!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

"the idea is for your overall calories to average out to a lower # for weight loss. Tossing in another MD won't make your average any higher."

I don't think that's mathmatically possible.....adding a 1000-1300 day rather than a 500 day will of course make the average higher....

And I just read the whole book in the last 24 hours and it didn't say anything about it. From Intermittent Fasting studies, you'd have to do a full fast for 72 hours before your metabolism drops - and I'm not talking a full fast, just two DD's....

Well, regardless, TOMORROW will be a DD - I'd love some more input before I decide what I'm going to do Friday!

(DD's for me mean ONE meal, dinner - which is VERY easy for me to do on workdays, but due to lack of routine, not easy on weekends.)

Thanks for everyone's input!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Sandelio: I see I wasn't clear in how I was trying to explain about your calorie average for the week. Sorry. I didn't mean your average wouldn't go up at all by replacing a DD with MD calories...yes, it will. I meant it's not going to make your weekly calorie average go up higher than your UD/DD GOAL average. And I'm not sure if I'm still explaining what I mean well. I'll make up an example...

Say you want your two-day UD/DD average (your goal) to be 1200, so you choose to do 1900/500. In a regular rotation of DD/UD from Mon-Sun, that's 7700 calories total, divided by 7 days for a 7-day average of 1100 (under your two-day goal.)

If you choose a rotation that has some extra MDs in it like this week (Mon=DD, T=UD, W=MD, Th=DD, F=MD, Sat=UD, Sun=MD), that's 8400 calories total, divided by 7 days for a 7-day average of 1200 (your two-day goal). So higher average, yes, but not above your goal.

Hopefully I made more sense this time around...it is kinda late here, which may not be the best time for me to be doing math. Lol!

In the end, the program seems to be pretty forgiving. I had four UDs in a row a couple of weekends ago . THAT'S certainly not recommended. But after just a couple of days back on track, my weight loss carried on. Hopefully someone else chimes in with their thoughts, too. Good luck!!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:40 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Andrea!