Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Body type & Clothing Sizes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/744827-body-type-clothing-sizes.html)

kel7298 11-09-2011 09:54 AM

Body type & Clothing Sizes

All the talk in the Weight Management thread about differences in clothing sizes based on height, weight and body type got me curious.

So if you care to share....

I am 5'4" and weigh 155. I am your typical pear shape. I currently wear a size 10 US in pants and a M or L in tops. If breathing is not an issue that day, I can squeeze into the few 8's I have :o

I would love to wear a size 8 comfortably again, squeezing into 6's :eek:. For me that works at a weight of 140.

oneoftwo 11-09-2011 10:23 AM

I am 5' 3.5" currently around 125 and usually wear a small top and pants are 6 or 4's

kris4chloe 11-09-2011 10:28 AM

I'm 5'7" and weigh 210 currently and am pear shaped also and wear XL tops (although I am sure larges now fit me, haven't tried) and Size 16/18 pants.

Although 16/18 is big I am happy because last year I was wearing TIGHT 22's :jumpjoy:

avecrain 11-09-2011 10:29 AM

I'm 5'10, currently 208.6. I've lost 30 pounds and haven't bought *any* new clothes since the weight loss, except for a skirt for my Halloween costume from the thrift store (and I don't plan to until I stop being able to fit in work-out clothes, only have clothes that make me look ridiculous for occasions where I need to look not ridiculous, or lose another 20-30 lbs).

That being said, I don't think my size has changed *that* much. Everything that was tight before fits well or is a little loose, everything that was loose is looser. I have things that fit comfortably in 14 and 16, with one pair of pants that are 12s. Junior sizes (13, 15, and 17) have also fit me well in the past, because i have a big tummy but pretty comparably slimish legs and butt (and am not very hippy). In shirts, I did, and probably still do, wear a large generally, but own mediums and xLs that I like.

Lori-s 11-09-2011 10:37 AM

At 5'10" 164lbs having an hour glass figure:

shirts/tops: medium
jeans: out of the dryer: 10's for part of the day (until they stretch) and 8s most of the time
pants: 8's

Can't really get down too low in sizes (4's are a problem) or I can't find anything long enough without having to buy larger and having them tailored when buying pants and dresses and tops become too short.

Susannaj4 11-09-2011 10:42 AM

5'9" 183, my boobs are bigger than my waist so I wear xlarge tops to fit them and in pants, well, that's a problem. 10's are too small and 11-12s are too big. I can remove 11-12s without unbuttoning or unzipping.

Beeb 11-09-2011 12:25 PM

5' 5.5", 135.2 pounds, also pear shaped. Size 8 pants, S/M tops and sweaters. I just went through my closet "shopping" and found some 8s and smaller tops I forgot I had!

Love when this happens! :clap:

LaurieKeren 11-09-2011 12:37 PM

I'm 5"1'. At 170ish, I wear size 16 pants. I carry most of my fat in my hips and thighs.

When I got down to 145-150 (a year and a half ago), I was fitting into size 12 pants.

LeahGraceG 11-09-2011 01:37 PM

5'4.5" and 128 pounds. I'm nursing, so I have Jayne Mansfield bosoms at the moment, but I can currently wear size small/med tops (if they stretch in the bust) and about a size 6 in pants. Dresses are a joke at the moment. My top is too much bigger than my bottom!

Before babies, well, that was a lovely time. I'm a ruler/inverted triangle with small hips, a reasonable waist, and a decent-sized bust. No idea what things will look like when they settle out after this kid. I might have to start working a bit harder to line things back up again...

stardustshadow 11-09-2011 02:26 PM

I am 5'7'' and 173ish.

I am by no means a pear shape. I suppose I would traditionally be called an 'apple' because I carry most of my extra weight around the stomach area, although I would describe my shape more as 'straight up and down'. I have also heard my shape called 'banana':)

Basically I have large breasts, a long waist that is only slightly smaller than my hips, and very small hips and slim, muscular legs. Even at my largest, my legs were still hot:) I don't know what shape that makes me, but that is the shape I have;)

I wear a medium in tops (unless it is a juniors brand like Hollister, where I wear an L). XLs and Ls look ridiculous at this point. As a rule, medium is the best fitting size at this stage. I do have a 'considerable' chest-38 C (down from a F cup, tho!).

As for jeans I wear an 8 in most brands. 10s sag too much off the backside but I need 8s to look really good in them.

I have also experienced foot shrinkage! I have lost up to 1.5 sizes in shoes, which is really annoying, since I started the fall/winter season with no enclosed shoes that fit!

The thought of what size I might be wearing when I get to goal is shocking. 25 more pounds or so could conceivably put me in 4s or something. This is coming from someone who, during her teenage years, while starving herself, couldn't get smaller than a 14!! Personally, I can't wait to see what my body looks like as I get closer to goal. It is one big, exciting experiment.

Speck333 11-09-2011 02:35 PM

I am 5'2" and currently 146. I wear mostly 12s and 14s (which are very loose) because I am too cheap to buy clothes I don't intend to fit into for very long. I have a few 10s that fit fine, though. Tops size medium.
I put on weight everywhere, and it is evenly distributed. I think my shape is very average and proportional, nothing is prominent.

Kissa 11-09-2011 02:36 PM

I'm 5' 3" and maybe a smidge. 126.8 today.

UK 10 = US 6/8 Carry my weight on my bust and upper body. 30G was H bust:o

Liking the way things a shaping up (or should I say down) on JUDDD.

betty301 11-09-2011 02:38 PM

I am 5'7" 185ish and wear a size 10. I hardly ever 'dress up.' But most of the time I am in gym gear or pajamas. Love my yoga pants!! :heart::heart::laugh:

I can wear a size 8 when I'm in the 170s. I think I have an hour glass shape or so I'm told. The difference between my waist and butt is 11 inches!

At my very smallest I can wear a size 6 in my 150s..but that was like a million years ago <sigh>

rollerdurbyqueen 11-09-2011 02:53 PM

I'M 5"6, AND 199LBS MY BF SAYS I'M SHAPED LOOK LIKE A LINE BACKED. ALL THE WEIGHT I CARRY IS IN MY BACK AND MIDDLE. HIPS AND LEG ARE NORMAL SIZE. I WEAR XXL TOPS AND SIZE 12 PANTS.

Joedi 11-09-2011 03:06 PM

I am 5ft 5.5", 133lbs, and I would say a small pear shape.
34 C bust, 27" waist, 37" hips.
I am wearing a UK 10 (us 6) and I even have a couple of tops in size 8 (US 4)!
I still wear a lot of UK 12's (US 8's), as my wardrobe is full of them! Since juddd they are very baggy though....I am buying smaller sizes from charity shops & Ebay...but it is a slow process cos money is tight! (really tight...it is winter here...and we cant afford the central heating on...we just light lots of candles!)
I am extra cold cos of having less body fat now...but it is worth it..lol!

Interesting post...it is funny how different we all are...sometimes at similar heights/weights!P

hugs
Jo
x

2muchme 11-09-2011 03:25 PM

In my 53 years I've noticed quite a shift in my body. Started out pear shape being bottom heavy and now noticing I'm larger on top than I've ever been (not in cup size just in overall size). Anyway, at 5'4" and 141 I wear a size 10 in jeans (US) with an occaional 8 thrown in as a teaser and tops have gone from S as a young adult to now M and L. Probably exercise would help.

Hoping and planning on 8s when I've reached goal - have a closet full waiting! And that will be the first time in probably 10 years I'll be in 8s.

kel7298 11-09-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15162837)
.it is funny how different we all are...sometimes at similar heights/weights!
x

I was just thinking the exact same thing :high5:

tiva 11-09-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15162919)
I was just thinking the exact same thing :high5:

Yes, it's amazing. I'm 5' 5 1/2", , 136 lbs (37.5, 27.5, 37.5) and wear an 8 comfortably, a 6 if I squeeze. Even though my measurements sound like a classic hourglass, all my weight is in my stomach. Small armies could hide behind there.

jouette 11-09-2011 05:28 PM

this thread is so intriguing! i am 5'4" 155 & wear size 7 jeans, M tops. i'm not a pear, not an apple, not really an hourglass either - pretty proportionate all around & although i'm not working out like i'd like to be, LC and Juddd have been really awesome for keeping muscle (looking toned) & removing the fat. yay!

Joedi 11-09-2011 05:39 PM

Seems like a good thread to ask....what are Misses and Junior sizes?? Are some of you wearing teenagers/child's clothing?? Lol!
In the uk we just have ladies 8,10,12 and so on.
In the US there seem to be ladies, misses and junior... but grown women wear them all?

Jo
X

ccrickett 11-09-2011 06:03 PM

I'm 5'4" & 160 lbs. I wear a small top & size 12 jeans.

I can squeeze into size 10 jeans but can only wear them for about 1 1/2 minutes (as long as I can hold my breath).

2muchme 11-09-2011 06:28 PM

Jo: apparently misses and junior, etc, are according to height so I'm thinking it has mostly to do with lenght of the pants. However, I've noticed too that they fit differently. So, it must be the overall way they cut them.

Lori-s 11-09-2011 06:38 PM

Supposedly the cut is different mostly bust and hip room.

Misses are cut fuller in the bust and hip to allow more room for the maturer more "womanly figure"

Juniors are cut narrower through those areas (hence the junior term for many meaning teenage figure ... or what used to be a teenage figure). So if you're less hippy or busty you may fit well into the junior sizes.

Idreamofweightloss 11-09-2011 07:04 PM

5'0'' 119.0 Totally pear shaped. I wear a size 7 comfortbley and a size 5 is tight. I carry most of my weight in my hips/thighs and butt. I think I am the shortest one!

julietcc 11-09-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori-s (Post 15163391)
Supposedly the cut is different mostly bust and hip room.

Misses are cut fuller in the bust and hip to allow more room for the maturer more "womanly figure"

Juniors are cut narrower through those areas (hence the junior term for many meaning teenage figure ... or what used to be a teenage figure). So if you're less hippy or busty you may fit well into the junior sizes.

Also, misses come in even sizes like 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. and juniors come in odd numbers. Junior sides are more straight up and down between the waist and knees. I'm a definite pear and carry my weight in my thighs and wear a size 2 mostly but sometimes 4.

Idreamofweightloss 11-09-2011 07:14 PM

so pear shapes would be better off wearing misses sizes in jeans?

julietcc 11-09-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss (Post 15163443)
so pear shapes would be better off wearing misses sizes in jeans?

Definitely. I have a very small waist but everything gets worse as you move south! If I bought juniors big enough for my hips and thighs, they would gape at the waist. I haven't tried juniors on in awhile but I also remember that you have to go for a much higher size #. So if I wear a 2, I can't fit into a juniors 3 or even a 5, I believe.

Idreamofweightloss 11-09-2011 07:37 PM

Oh my gosh! I never knew why my clothes did that, have that gap at the back. Especially in jean shorts. Now I know to get misses sizes! I cant wait to try some on this weekend. And misses sizes are all even right 2,4,6,8? and so on?

Idreamofweightloss 11-09-2011 07:39 PM

I dont think I have a single pair of misses size clothes all are juniors.Though it can be tough to find jeans that fit in the waist and are not way to long for someone as short as I am.

julietcc 11-09-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss (Post 15163480)
I dont think I have a single pair of misses size clothes all are juniors.Though it can be tough to find jeans that fit in the waist and are not way to long for someone as short as I am.

Yes misses are all even #s. So try misses in the petite section! No more gaping waist :laugh: