Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
At least I was home alone
I was in the aisle of Big Lots today when I felt my pants sliding down my hips, and had to give them a healthy tug upward! At least they have a little tie in the front so you can adjust them.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
At least I was home alone
We all thought you created some excitement at the gym
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #33
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I was in the aisle of Big Lots today when I felt my pants sliding down my hips, and had to give them a healthy tug upward! At least they have a little tie in the front so you can adjust them.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.

Congrats on all the waist shrinkage here!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
We all thought you created some excitement at the gym
Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I'm doing JUDDD because basically, it seems that low carb just doesn't work for me anymore.

I've been struggling with weight issues for about 17 years now, and some health issues for at least 10. Low carb helped with some of the health issues, but the weight just wasn't moving at all the second time I tried, even sticking to it strictly for 5 months.

Btw, I was one of those who before discovering low carb, did actually eat "right" and exercised vigorously for over 2 years, while the weight slowly inched up during that time. I went 6 days a week to the gym and worked out all 6 days for an hour for aerobic exercise either running on the treadmill or on the ellipticals, and then at least 45 min in the weight room alternating days with different muscle groups. I was really fanatical, and would do situps and crunches or free weights when I was home watching the tv too. The only times in those 2 years that I didn't go to the gym regularly was when I got sick or was on vacation, which was maybe 3 weeks total time during those years. I was also eating real food at that time, very minimal processed, lots of whole grains and fresh vegetables and low fat/low cal with lean meats and seafood, etc. It didn't help me one bit.

Then I discovered low carb and lost most of my weight, but then gained a portion of it back a couple years later. This time it's just not working at all, which brought me over to JUDDD.

I'm tentatively optimistic, because while the move down the scale is extremely slow, it is actually starting to move, which is better than I could say for the 5 months of low carb I'd been doing before this!

I too am looking forward to the day I have a pant-sliding accident while exercising!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
I'm doing JUDDD because basically, it seems that low carb just doesn't work for me anymore.
Same here!

Quote:
Btw, I was one of those who before discovering low carb, did actually eat "right" and exercised vigorously for over 2 years, while the weight slowly inched up during that time.
Same here!

Quote:
Then I discovered low carb and lost most of my weight, but then gained a portion of it back a couple years later. This time it's just not working at all, which brought me over to JUDDD.
Same here!

Quote:
I too am looking forward to the day I have a pant-sliding accident while exercising!
Aaaaand same here.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ccrickett
Stats: 249(HW)199/134/145
WOE: LCtweaks/JUDDD
Start Date: '80's/90's/2000's/Nov 2010
I'm doing JUDDD because I'm tired of banging my head on the brick wall I hit with every diet I ever tried. I never could make it all the way to goal before I starting regaining.

I've been lurking around the threads for a while, sceptically I must admit. Finally I just tried a couple of UD/DD combos within my VLC woe & to my surprise started losing again. Not huge amounts & not fast, but losing.

Ok, Juddd got my attention. Now I'm excited to see how far it can take me, hopefully all the way to Goal.
ccrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I have been doing low carb off and on and off and on since 2003 when I joined this site weighing 194. It really did work for me when I was on the wagon but I fell off every few months! In March I weighed about 142 and started low carbing again. By September I made it to 115. Towards goal I really had to restrict calories. I was feeling deprived and sorry for myself. Ha ha. I crept up to 118.6 because I stopped counting calories.

I was also tired of everyone knowing I was on a diet when I was already thin. People start thinking there's something wrong with you when you continue to be on a diet. I was really bothered that I had to always pass up a piece of cake at a birthday party, never eat a french fry again, etc. I've known about JUDDD for several months but I couldn't imagine subsisting on only 500 calories every other day. I also didn't look at it close enough to realize some of you people were eating carby foods on your up days!

On October 26, after reading the board for about 15 minutes, I just thought what the heck. I'm going to do it! (I can be very impulsive). I'm so glad I did. Living with JUDDD is so much more practical to me than LC. I haven't been perfect on it and I have had medium days to alter my schedule, but I have still managed to go from 118.6 to 113 in only 17 days. I haven't weighed this since I was 12! I think of some of the great things I have eaten - cake, cookies, real sandwiches, homemade soups, chips and 7 layer dip, etc. JUDDD really is magical!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
The ease and simplicity, but most of all, the effectiveness!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post

On October 26, after reading the board for about 15 minutes, I just thought what the heck. I'm going to do it! (I can be very impulsive). I'm so glad I did. Living with JUDDD is so much more practical to me than LC. I haven't been perfect on it and I have had medium days to alter my schedule, but I have still managed to go from 118.6 to 113 in only 17 days. I haven't weighed this since I was 12! I think of some of the great things I have eaten - cake, cookies, real sandwiches, homemade soups, chips and 7 layer dip, etc. JUDDD really is magical!
Important threadjack here..... What is 7 layer dip? 'Cause it sounds like something I need to know about.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #42
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Q: "Why do you do JUDDD"
A: Because Beeb and Pat's enthusiasm should be classified as an infectious disease
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #43

Quote:
A: Because Beeb and Pat's enthusiasm should be classified as an infectious disease
Then I'm glad you caught it, because it's nice to see you losing weight again. Oh, and enjoying a few more carbs along the way.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Important threadjack here..... What is 7 layer dip? 'Cause it sounds like something I need to know about.
Pat you have never had 7 layer dip?

Not Julie, but this is how i make it

One layer of refried beans (mixed with some hot sauce)
Topped with a layer of sour cream
Then Guacamole
Then Cheese
Then Tomatoes
Green Onions
Black Olives

Serve with tortilla chips.

I bet you have had it before. By the way if you have a Trader Joe's by you, they have a pre-made 7 layer dip that is super delicious.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #45

Thanks, Kristi! I don't think I've ever had that before, but it sure sounds like something I would like.

We don't have a Trader Joe's here. In Iowa. Only mostly generic *Mexican* foods. IF you consider Taco John's to be Mexican.

Now the next thing is, I am leaping to the conclusion that this is a chilled dip because of the layer of sour cream in it. Or do I put it together with hot and cold ingredients both?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
DITTO!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Thanks, Kristi! I don't think I've ever had that before, but it sure sounds like something I would like.

We don't have a Trader Joe's here. In Iowa. Only mostly generic *Mexican* foods. IF you consider Taco John's to be Mexican.

Now the next thing is, I am leaping to the conclusion that this is a chilled dip because of the layer of sour cream in it. Or do I put it together with hot and cold ingredients both?
its chilled. i usually use refried beans from a can so they are just room temparature, everything else is cold.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
its chilled. i usually use refried beans from a can so they are just room temparature, everything else is cold.
As the weather gets cooler, and then colder, we are more inclined to cocoon and often spend an afternoon on the couch, watching movies.

I'm thinking this will be a fun lunch/snack sort of meal for us. DH also likes that hot dip stuff with the melted cheese and rotel tomatoes and cooked up ground beef, so maybe I'll fix both and we'll splurge with a huge bag of chips!

It'll be practically like we're spending some of our winter in sunny Mexico! LOL
Old 11-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Yes 7 layer dip is another excellent reason to do JUDDD! I make it the same way.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
Stats: 154/139/130 - 6 # lost on JUDDD
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
Well, I was going to say that I agree with all of these reasons and then I scrolled up some and saw Skinjobs' "same here" repeatedly!!!

That sums it up!!! That's me!! Same here!!
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Yes 7 layer dip is another excellent reason to do JUDDD! I make it the same way.
ironically while planning our menu for bible study tomorrow night i was told it is mexican themed and when asked what i wanted to bring, i said 7 layer dip! yeah for UD's
Old 11-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

7 Layer Dip.

Isn't there another cold layered salad (not Mexican) that has a layer of lettuce, peas, creamy dressing... gosh I forget ??
Old 11-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hot Mexican Layered Dip

Since we got off track a bit I remembered I used to make this for Monday Night Football before Low Carb

Put a layer of refried beans in an oven proof dish - I used a pretty glass pie pan

Cook up ground beef with onion and seasonings and a can of diced chilis - layer that on top of beans (Rotel would be good too)

Cover with taco sauce or salsa

spread cheese of choice - I like cheddar - over all

Bake until heated through

Remove from oven and cover with guacomole

Serve with chips and dig in

This came from a very old Sunset Magazine cook book.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #54

That sounds good too! Definitely another one to try!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Omg! 7 layer dip sounds awesome! I have to say, NO-ONE does food like the Americans! I am continually blown away by the sheer variety and choice of food you guys have! I have only visited the US once, but oh boy, the restaurants and supermarkets were something else! And the portions..sooo generous!
I think I want to emigrate!

Will definitely be trying this! And I am imagining a sweet version...7 layers of delicious dip to dunk in fruit... drool!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
7 Layer Dip.

Isn't there another cold layered salad (not Mexican) that has a layer of lettuce, peas, creamy dressing... gosh I forget ??
YES, YES!! i just saw a pre-made one of these in the grocery today and said to myself, i am SOOOO having TAHT when i get back to JUDDD.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
YES, YES!! i just saw a pre-made one of these in the grocery today and said to myself, i am SOOOO having TAHT when i get back to JUDDD.
How is your boy feeling? I think about him so often and include him in my prayers.

What do you mean *when you get back to JUDDD*..? I missed a post? You're not with us anymore? I'm very sad at the thought.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Hey pat..he is good. gets tired pretty easy, but overall he's good. He had to have a blood transfusion at his treatment on Friday b/c his hemoglobin dropped backed down. It was low last Friday but then was starting to come up Monday and then was even lower than it was last Friday. Thank you for asking.

Yeah you may have missed the post. I have been doing hcg for the last 8 days. I just could not get back to my low on dd's birthday on 10/22. I will get right back to juddd here in a few days tho. I think it serves me better for maintenance. As of this morning, I am now 1.6 lower than my low on dd's birthday. I'll be back for sure tho!
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I found the recipe on Southern Food website.

Seven Layer Salad Also called 24-Hour Salad.

* 6 cups chopped lettuce
* salt and pepper
* 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
* 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
* 8 to 16 ounces bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1/4 cup sliced green onion with tops
* paprika

Preparation:
Place 3 cups of the lettuce in bottom of large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer egg slices over lettuce in bowl and sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Continue to layer vegetables in this order: peas, remaining lettuce, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese, along with light sprinklings of salt and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and sugar; spread over top, spreading to edge of bowl to cover entire salad. Cover and chill 24 hours or overnight. Garnish with green onion and a little paprika. Toss before serving.
This salad serves 12 to 15.

You need to make this in a glass bowl too, so you can enjoy seeing all the layers.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #60

Quote:
Hey pat..he is good. gets tired pretty easy, but overall he's good. He had to have a blood transfusion at his treatment on Friday b/c his hemoglobin dropped backed down. It was low last Friday but then was starting to come up Monday and then was even lower than it was last Friday. Thank you for asking.

Yeah you may have missed the post. I have been doing hcg for the last 8 days. I just could not get back to my low on dd's birthday on 10/22. I will get right back to juddd here in a few days tho. I think it serves me better for maintenance. As of this morning, I am now 1.6 lower than my low on dd's birthday. I'll be back for sure tho!
OK, good. I somehow missed you doing a bit of hcg, but I do remember the BIRTHDAY cake!

Hope your son doesn't have to get the transfusions much. I know that is something that happens with the chemo sometimes. Hate that.

Looking forward to you being here!