Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Newbie this week... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/744789-newbie-week.html)

Sandelio 11-09-2011 03:49 AM

Newbie this week...

Hi!

I started on Monday, had an excellent down day below 500 cal, and had my first up day yesterday while travelling on business.

Unfortunately, I don't have a scale available today at the hotel to see how much damage adding some carbs (okay LOTS of carbs) did in one day! Had pasta *gasp* for lunch and it was DELICIOUS, and a chicken sandwich minus the bread with onion strings for dinner. I think calorie-wise I was okay, but the pasta alone was probably more carbs that I've been eating per week - LOL!

Should be no problem doing a down day today, as I basically eat ONE small meal instead of trying to carry around all those low cal snacks/foods, and we'll be on a flight over dinner - so lunch it is!

Downloaded the book on my Kindle at the airport and read a good portion of it at the airport and on the plane - I REALLY hope this works for me because this is a breeze and would fit my life PERFECTLY! I think I will make my DDs as VLC as possible in efforts to rid myself of water from more carby UDs - we'll see and tweak as it goes!

Reading all your threads and posts is very inspiring!!!!

Wallee 11-09-2011 06:12 AM

Hey Sandelio!!! :hiya: Great to see you over here! Its an amazing group of people, so much support and knowledge, you're gonna love it!! I just started JUDDD Saturday and adding some carbs into your diet is very liberating isn't it?? Yeah, you'll see a little gain from that but your body will work through it and you'll start losing again. I seem to be down a whole 1/2 pound, lol, but since I have added carbs to my diet, I know better than to complain. Once my body adapts to this new woe, I'm sure I'll lose. You're gonna do great! Good luck!!!

Star73 11-09-2011 06:21 AM

hey Sandelio! You and I started the same day :)

I also started with a DD and had an UP yesterday. :clap:

sophiethecat 11-09-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandelio (Post 15160820)
Hi!

I started on Monday, had an excellent down day below 500 cal, and had my first up day yesterday while travelling on business.

Unfortunately, I don't have a scale available today at the hotel to see how much damage adding some carbs (okay LOTS of carbs) did in one day! Had pasta *gasp* for lunch and it was DELICIOUS, and a chicken sandwich minus the bread with onion strings for dinner. I think calorie-wise I was okay, but the pasta alone was probably more carbs that I've been eating per week - LOL!

Should be no problem doing a down day today, as I basically eat ONE small meal instead of trying to carry around all those low cal snacks/foods, and we'll be on a flight over dinner - so lunch it is!

Downloaded the book on my Kindle at the airport and read a good portion of it at the airport and on the plane - I REALLY hope this works for me because this is a breeze and would fit my life PERFECTLY! I think I will make my DDs as VLC as possible in efforts to rid myself of water from more carby UDs - we'll see and tweak as it goes!

Reading all your threads and posts is very inspiring!!!!

:jumpjoy: Hey Sandelio, I'm so happy & excited for you! :jumpjoy: It's like you were made to eat the JUDDD way and I see you doing very well on it with happiness and weight loss! :jumpjoy:

Keep us updated! :high5:

Lori-s 11-09-2011 07:39 AM

:hiya:Hey Sandelio it's nice to meet you and I wish you all the very best with JUDDD
Isn't it great when a plan fits in with your lifestyle?

Beeb 11-09-2011 01:09 PM

I have this feeling you are going to do great on JUDDD since you are :sing: it already and are planning ahead, which to me is ALWAYS a good indication that something is going to work well!

Can't wait to see your losses!! :high5:

Skinjob 11-09-2011 01:54 PM

I started Monday too! Today is a down day and I'm feeling a bit lightheaded but it's easier than I thought. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Nik Nik 11-09-2011 02:02 PM

:welcome:

So glad to have you here too!! I have found the same, everyone so welcoming and full of suggestions and support! I'm staying LC just because it's naturally the way that I eat, but IF I feel the urge, I won't hesitate to carb on up knowing it's not going to be the end of the world.

Can't wait to see you pass those 180's before you know it!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: