Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nik View Post

Some people enjoy the counting and measuring...this stresses me out and I know I just won't be able to do it for long...
I find it interesting that counting calories stresses you out. For me it has a very calming effect. Knowing exactly what I have eaten or am going to eat I feel more in control. But I may just the control freak in me, I am one of those people who balances her checkbook every day. I feel much more calm when I know exactly what is in my bank account, so why would my calories be any different.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Thanks for all the informative reading. I am listening, since you have been doing JUDDD for much longer than I have, so you "know your stuff."
From reading all of this and paying attention to what I was eating today (UD during my fourth week), I have finally figured out that I need to keep track of my UD calories. I knew I was strictly sticking to 500 cals on DDs, so I couldn't understand my stall. But I had no idea how many calories I was eating on UDs--obviously, too many.
So, thanks again!! I'll keep reading and learning, and I appreciate ALL the great info and support you are all providing.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Thank you for posting the summary, Nik Nik, and thanks to all the rest of you adding great information!

I'm only on the first few pages of the book. I have a bad habit of trying to read in bed and falling asleep within 3 pages!
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post

i completely agree, i have had a few UD's where my "fat girl" mindset went into effect and I wasn't counting. After I decided to see what damage I did and actually counted I realized I did double my typical UD calories. I didn't get fat by counting calories, I got fat by eating what I wanted, when I wanted without abandonment. If I don't plan out my day or keep mindful of the calorie intake I can easily undo all the hard work of the previous DD.
I bet you're gonna' get skinny! I bet you're gonna' get skinny!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I bet you're gonna' get skinny! I bet you're gonna' get skinny!
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:31 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:

I realized I did double my typical UD calories. I didn't get fat by counting calories, I got fat by eating what I wanted, when I wanted without abandonment. If I don't plan out my day or keep mindful of the calorie intake I can easily undo all the hard work of the previous DD.
Very true!

I have an UD stretching ahead and it is time to plan...(Though is is 12.30 here and I have done a Zumba class and still not eaten anything. Not hungry, lol.)
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nik Nik
Stats: 196 / 185/ 165
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: 10/20/2011
Quote:
I find it interesting that counting calories stresses you out. For me it has a very calming effect. Knowing exactly what I have eaten or am going to eat I feel more in control. But I may just the control freak in me, I am one of those people who balances her checkbook every day. I feel much more calm when I know exactly what is in my bank account, so why would my calories be any different.
LOL...yeah...I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type girl I enjoy reading labels...but I hate any type of MATH... But I'm not typical...and have a hard time getting to my calorie ceiling on UD's and eating LC helps with that too...calories are still pretty low when on LC...that is IF you're getting your good carbs in...they're usually low calorie foods....but it's just being honest with myself, knowing through past experience that the counting will stop for me...

What I'm hoping, is by remembering to read the labels, just like I do for carb counting, is that I'll know what's what over the next few weeks or months of doing JUDDD so it will become second nature just like the carb counting now is.

And I am not good with variety...I have to keep it simple and stick to staple foods that I can enjoy for the long term...if I could eat the same thing every day without any thought whatsoever, that would be ideal for me....however...this world is not ideal and I still have to make conscious choices on what goes in my mouth...oh well...LOL!

10/19/2011--began the rest of my life...again!
196/185/165- New goal!

Nik Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: newyorkmeg
Stats: 247/152/healthy 5'8"
WOE: Just LC
Start Date: 10/09
just marking so I can read this later
newyorkmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
Quote:
But I may just the control freak in me, I am one of those people who balances her checkbook every day.
You REALLY are a sick woman!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote