Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Losses From LC and JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/744493-losses-lc-juddd.html)

Beeb 11-06-2011 08:30 PM

Losses From LC and JUDDD

I have lost 29.8 pounds.

14.2 of these pounds were from LCing and took me 16 months to lose.

15.6 of these pounds were from JUDDD and took me 2 1/2 months to lose.

Hmmm.....can you guess what plan I like best?!! :confused::hyst::jumpjoy:

How about you? Give us your LC weight losses and your JUDDD weight losses, time and how much. I think it will be very interesting to see! ;)

E.W. 11-07-2011 03:31 AM

Linda, sorry to hear about Little Miss passing on.

I have been doing a combination of Fast5 and JUDDD for about 3 months or so.
So far I have lost 32 lbs. But I have not been doing low carb. It sure is going to
make the hollidays easier not trying to be on low carb. But after the holidays I
may try going back on low carb for a while.

Star73 11-07-2011 04:21 AM

yay! I hope I have the same results! I'm starting JUDDD today :)

Wallee 11-07-2011 05:27 AM

That's great!! I've been lc'ing for quite some time (falling off the wagon and climbing back on numerous times of course) and this weekend I started JUDDD, Saturday was my UD, yesterday was my DD. I ATE CARBS!!!! Oh, the horror, lol! Still having a bit of a hard time getting that through my thick skull but I'm sure I'll get there quickly. I wasn't going to weigh myself til Friday morning but of course the scale called my name this morning and I thought 'what the heck lets see the damage and go from there', climbed on and surprisingly enough, I weighed the same as I did a week ago while lc'ing!? I ate dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Saturday so really expected a few pound gain simply from eating all those delicious carbs (because that's what I'm used to) but it didn't happen!!! I'm not complaining, trust me, just kinda pleasantly shocked. I won't be making a habit of visiting Five Guys, although it'd be easy to do because its super delicious, but I stayed within my calorie limit!!! So now I'm anxious for the scale to start dropping and its obvious to me that it will!! :jumpjoy:

So I'm 2 days in, is it too soon to say I'm lovin' it???

sophiethecat 11-07-2011 06:17 AM

I've lost 25 pounds (maybe 30, but I refused to weigh until I'd already been dieting. 170# was the number I saw on the scale when I finally did weigh). :o

8# came off doing moderate carb and it took 5 weeks.
12# came off doing LC and it took 11 weeks.
5# came off doing JUDDD and it took 9 days.

:jumpjoy:

jiggles 11-07-2011 06:48 AM

All these great results are really motivating! Awesome job everyone!

Dottie 11-07-2011 09:30 AM

I lost a lot on low-carb, no dissing here:)
I've lost 3.5 on juddd, gained it + back due to my own bad eating, and have been bouncing the same .5lbs since about 6 days ago BUT it's still lower than I was on lc.
But there's something more.
I saw myself in the bathroom mirror at a restaurant yesterday and it actually took me a minute to realize that was me! I was wearing jeans (which I never do) and they were a little baggy. The fit almost tight when I started juddd! And I was wearing a shirt that fit me well, not baggy and hanging on me. Oh and my hair was just having a good day too lol.
Sounds silly, but I looked good!
I still want to lose 30-40 pounds, so I'm not skinny by any stretch but I took a good look at myself, and maybe it was just attitude, but I felt great about myself for the first time in a very long time.
DH laughed and just said I finally saw what everyone else sees.
But I do think my attitude has changed on juddd- I'm not "dieting" anymore. I'm not obsessing with food and limitations.
Yes, I'm learning what I can and can't (or shouldn't) eat, but not with any major restrictions.
It's almost a "free" feeling that I really haven't experienced on any diet in, well I don't think ever.
If I want a cheeseburger, if I shouldn't have it today (UD but already knowing my limits) or if I can't have it because it's a DD, I can have it tomorrow or the next day. There's no more bargaining down "well ok I can make a fake burger bun and just limit my carbs for the rest of the day" kind of thing.
Sorry for rambling lol. But since I don't really have a weight loss woo-hoo to contribute since starting juddd, I do have a mental one to add:)

kel7298 11-07-2011 10:17 AM

I did lose quite a bit of weight the first time around on LC. At this stage in my life, LC doesn't work into my schedule, but Juddding does. So far I have lost 4lbs in 2 weeks.

mll5872 11-10-2011 09:25 AM

Well, I lost 40lbs the first time I did LC which was 10 years ago. I had gained 40lbs after starting a course of antidepressants. It was AWFUL! So, I stopped cold turkey and started the Atkins WOE. I lost ALL 40lbs that I had gained in 5 months.

This time around I've lost 15lbs on a LC WOE over the course of 8 weeks, but now it's been 6 weeks and I haven't lost a lb. So, I've decided to give JUDDD a try along with my LC. I just started Tuesday as a DD, so today is another DD. Sticking to protein shakes, chicken broth, iced tea. . . basically liquids. I will weigh myself in a week to monitor my results. So far though, I feel GREAT!

Dottie 11-10-2011 09:27 AM

Well 4lbs in 19 days for me, which is a lot faster than I've lost in a long time. It might have been more if I hadn't messed up on day 6 lol.

paulabob 11-10-2011 10:04 AM

Let's see, starting in 2010 I lost 14 from Atkins (over 4 months), then 61 from hcg (over 13 months), and 3 net (4 total) from JUDDD so far in about 2 months time. 16 more pounds to goal.

I haven't lost much weight on JUDDD yet, but inches lost are about double what they normally are for weight lost. Plus I've been able to sleep longer and reduce my dependence on benedryl/melatonin. I don't think it's coincidence, since my sleep problems first got really bad when I began hcg (not dissing hcg, but it can be stressful to your body I think).

Also for the first time in all of this weight lost, it appears my waist/hip ratio is actually improving a bit. At 204 it was .828, and at 130.4 before JUDDD it was .838. It was actually worse. This past week it was down to .805.