Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   calorie counters (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/744439-calorie-counters.html)

island girl2 11-06-2011 11:53 AM

calorie counters

Good Morning
I am starting this way of eating today - forgot this morning as was going to do DD and had too much HWC in my coffee so will have UD today.
Does anyone have a good and easy calorie counter site on line they use - I have been low carbing so long forgot how to count calories.
Thanks for your help

hockey_gal 11-06-2011 11:58 AM

I use myplate but I know a lot of ppl like ******. I have alot of my recipes plugged into myplate so it would be too much work to switch over now.

I have an excel spreadsheet that has a table to calculate my calories. I prefer this bc I often get the calories right from the nutritional menu on my food...and sometimes I can't find the same counts bc I'm using different brands. It's a lot of work to set up, but once you do, everything you eat is in there.

Enjoy your UD :)

SoHappy 11-06-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by island girl2 (Post 15153597)
Good Morning
I am starting this way of eating today - forgot this morning as was going to do DD and had too much HWC in my coffee so will have UD today.
Does anyone have a good and easy calorie counter site on line they use - I have been low carbing so long forgot how to count calories.
Thanks for your help

Hi, Island Girl! Welcome! It's fun to have another member of our fast-growing group, and I know you'll be losing weight quickly and really enjoying your meals too!

I use the ****** site to track my food choices and it figures the calories for me. Easy Peasy. BUT, I think there are even better sites out there these days, and the only reason I don't switch is because I already have all my records and recipes and food choices plugged into ****** now.

Once the initial calorie figuring is done, it's a lot easier and faster to go from there, so once you have started entering all your choices into some site (your choice) you'll be off to a great start.

Good luck. Although you really don't need much luck on JUDDD. If you follow it, it pretty much takes care of everything else for you!

:welcome:

kel7298 11-06-2011 02:27 PM

I use my fitness pal. You can log online as well as use the app if you have a smart phone.

SoHappy 11-06-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15153905)
I use my fitness pal. You can log online as well as use the app if you have a smart phone.

I hear a lot of people recommending that site, Kelly.

I know if I didn't already have all my history in ******, I'd probably switch.

Mommie22boys 11-06-2011 06:30 PM

My Fitness Pal is great! I use the app on my phone and I :love:love:love: it! Since I always have my phone on me, it's easy to enter foods and adjust what I'm eating in real time. Honestly, I don't know how I would manage if I had to sit down at my computer to log things in. I never have time to get on my computer at home anymore. :stars:

oneoftwo 11-06-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15153905)

Me too, love my fitness pal !!

Beeb 11-06-2011 07:38 PM

:welcome: Hope you love JUDDD like I do!

I use Fat Secret and it also has an app for my phone. I think they are all good, you just need to find one that YOU like! ;):clap:

sunnilou 11-06-2011 07:46 PM

I used 'my net diary' app for iPhone and iPad.

island girl2 11-06-2011 10:40 PM

thanks for all the imput - will check them out and see what is easiest - dont have iphone or anything like that so just need something to check my daily foods.

kel7298 11-07-2011 08:36 AM

Online calorie counters - All of the ones listed below have online access, some even have apps for your smartphone. Pick the one that is right for you!

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | ************.com
Free Diet Plans at ***********
All Things Food and Diet - *********
****** - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal
www.dailyburn.com
LIVESTRONG.COM - Lose Weight & Get Fit with Diet, Nutrition & Fitness Tools | LIVESTRONG.COM
www.my-calorie-counter.com
Calorie Counter | Free Online Diet Program | Nutrition Data
Track calories and manage meals quickly and easily

sophiethecat 11-07-2011 11:10 AM

:welcome: Island Girl! Hope you love JUDDD! :)

I use ****** but just because that's what I used over the years, so my info is in there and I'm too lazy to get a new counter.

Beeb 11-08-2011 09:28 PM

Wow, this is so helpful, thanks so much! I am going to do a thread with this info, and I'm giving you credit for all your hard work!! :shake::high5::hugs:

kel7298 11-09-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15160652)
Wow, this is so helpful, thanks so much! I am going to do a thread with this info, and I'm giving you credit for all your hard work!! :shake::high5::hugs:

Ahh shucks...it was nuttin really. :hugs:

Beeb 11-09-2011 10:48 AM

WE NOW HAVE A STICKY WITH INFO FROM JUDDD BUDDDs KEL AND LORI and DOTTY FOR MAKING THE STICKY! THANKS GUYS!! :hugs:

GO CHECK IT OUT ON THE TOP OF THE JUDDD FORUM!