Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #31
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
Quick question: What happens if you have a birthday party or special event that will involve eating something caloric someone made but you are on a down day? What do you do?
You can do a MD like others have suggested OR you can just ask to take some of that yummy stuff home! This is what I do, and I have found hostess are SO happy to let me take a plate or a piece of cake when I explain that I'm watching calories for today but can eat their yummy cooking/baking tomorrow!

I personally don't like MDs but that's just me. I'm a black and white kind of gal and like to keep things pretty much the same.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Thanks for the answers ladies. It certainly is a flexible plan and easier to do than I thought (save for figuring out what to cook on DDs - the hubby certainly isn't going to eat my "rabbit food" for dinner those days!). I got a copy of the book from the library and read it in one night! I am on day 3 and doing great so far. No loss to report but we'll see what happens in a week. Thanks for the welcome!
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/127.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Thanks for the answers ladies. It certainly is a flexible plan and easier to do than I thought (save for figuring out what to cook on DDs - the hubby certainly isn't going to eat my "rabbit food" for dinner those days!). I got a copy of the book from the library and read it in one night! I am on day 3 and doing great so far. No loss to report but we'll see what happens in a week. Thanks for the welcome!
I am pretty determined not to cook and here are some of the foods I've found that don't require much prep:

cream for coffee - 1/2 T. - 25 cal.
Wasa Crisp'n Light - 1 piece - 20 cal.
Tostitos Spinach Dip - 1 Tbsp. - 25
Laughing Cow Cheese - 35 cal.
Celery - raw - 2 oz. 9 cal.
Cauliflower - raw - 2 oz. 14 cal.
Egg beaters - 1/4 cup - 30 cal.
Lettuce - 1 oz. - 4 cal. (this is a lot more than you'd think!)
Tomatoes - 3 cherry - 9 cal.
Almond Milk - Unsweetened - 1 cup - 35 cal.
Hebrew National FF Beef Frank - 1 - 40 cal.
Flatout Light Italian Herb - 1/2 of one bread - 45 cal.

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

"You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips."
Oliver Goldsmith

"Make peace with the past so it won't screw up the present." Regina Britt
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I must admit, I was doing really well but I've been starving the last few hours. It was hard to make dinner for my DD and not eat any of it. I've been snacking on celery and broth, but it's not helping. I'm so hungry. I hope this gets easier. I'm going to hit the sack early so I can wake up and EAT!!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
I must admit, I was doing really well but I've been starving the last few hours. It was hard to make dinner for my DD and not eat any of it. I've been snacking on celery and broth, but it's not helping. I'm so hungry. I hope this gets easier. I'm going to hit the sack early so I can wake up and EAT!!
Skinjob ... I was the same way the first couple of DDs. Went to bed way early just to make it easier. It has gotten so much easier for me that it may sound funny but, I enjoy my DDs and find making my calories on UDs more difficult that staying below them on DDs.

Hang in there .. we're here and rooting for you!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Hi Skinjob, this hasn't been an easy DD for me either.

I don't know if you are LC or not, but some of us were talking on another thread how we've noticed eating a good amount of carbs on UD seemed to make the next DD easier. Not necessarily sugar or refined carbs, but could be things like grains, breads, veggies, fruits.

Something I started doing to help too was to try to "save" a lot of my DD calories until evening. Like you, I tend to get the most hungry at night.

One other thing I noticed was that if I have at least 15 g. of protein (whether in combinations of foods or one food item like a protein bar) I seem to stay more satisfied for longer after my DD meals/snacks. I can make a Pure Protein bar last a while by nibbling on it while I have coffee or something. I'm also going to try tuna, chicken breast, lowfat cottage cheese, etc. on the next DD.

Hope you sleep well. We'll both wake up to an UD!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-09-2011 at 06:38 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
skinjob - another thought to add to the equation is to add IF (intermittant fasting), which some of the other folks do here and works great for me 'cuz I get to have dinner with my hubby even on down days!

What does it mean. It means my ONLY meal on DD's is dinner, which is easy to keep within the DD cal count when it's your only meal. Drink LOTS of water, enjoy the tummy rumbling during the day knowing it's digging in to your fat stores, and then enjoy your dinner with hubby!
Sandelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:51 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys! I made it through and woke up to a 2lb loss so that was a nice reward! As is the fact that today is an UD. It's my 4th day of JUDDD and I'm down 2 lbs. I had been low carving for months and couldn't lose 2 lbs. I made goal back in 2003 on Atkins but it just does not work for me anymore. Plus the extreme restriction was never going to be a reasonable way to live forever. But this, this I think I can do - as long as the DDs get easier! It's so nice to eat fruit and not feel guilty. I am no longer counting carbs but I am mostly trying to eat good carbs (though I treated myself to ONE cup of granola this morning). Thanks for the support. I'll check in often!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
skinjob - another thought to add to the equation is to add IF (intermittant fasting), which some of the other folks do here and works great for me 'cuz I get to have dinner with my hubby even on down days!

What does it mean. It means my ONLY meal on DD's is dinner, which is easy to keep within the DD cal count when it's your only meal. Drink LOTS of water, enjoy the tummy rumbling during the day knowing it's digging in to your fat stores, and then enjoy your dinner with hubby!
Good suggestion, though it would be tough to go the whole day without any food at all. On my first DD I just ate a pile of broccoli and a bite of grilled pork. DH thought I was just not very hungry.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:55 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Skinjob, this hasn't been an easy DD for me either.

I don't know if you are LC or not, but some of us were talking on another thread how we've noticed eating a good amount of carbs on UD seemed to make the next DD easier. Not necessarily sugar or refined carbs, but could be things like grains, breads, veggies, fruits.

Something I started doing to help too was to try to "save" a lot of my DD calories until evening. Like you, I tend to get the most hungry at night.

One other thing I noticed was that if I have at least 15 g. of protein (whether in combinations of foods or one food item like a protein bar) I seem to stay more satisfied for longer after my DD meals/snacks. I can make a Pure Protein bar last a while by nibbling on it while I have coffee or something. I'm also going to try tuna, chicken breast, lowfat cottage cheese, etc. on the next DD.

Hope you sleep well. We'll both wake up to an UD!
I did. In fact I slept better than I have in a long time! I'll try saving more calls for dinners on DDs. Thanks! Have you noticed better sleep since starting?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Thanks for the answers ladies. It certainly is a flexible plan and easier to do than I thought (save for figuring out what to cook on DDs - the hubby certainly isn't going to eat my "rabbit food" for dinner those days!).
I find it pretty easy to eat with DH on DDs. I usually plan for 300 calories for dinner, which is a small piece of protein and some veggies. I give him a bigger piece of protein and more veggies and maybe a starch. He hardly notices the difference.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

I did. In fact I slept better than I have in a long time! I'll try saving more calls for dinners on DDs. Thanks! Have you noticed better sleep since starting?
It took me a while to fall asleep last night, but then I slept really well. I think this time change is doing me good too
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I can't sleep if I'm hungry and if I wake up to pee and get hungry, I can't go back to sleep.
I also can't fall asleep if I'm too full....terrible.

Anyway, I made some gummies and it takes only a couple squares to get me to the sandman.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote